Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jacquline Kennedy-a 20th Century Icon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
QueenCleopatra View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jacquline Kennedy-a 20th Century Icon
    Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 13:15

Few women throughout our history have made lasting impressions but Jackie Kennedy is one who has. Young, glamourus, beautiful energetic and married to America's most eligable man she became a role model for women world wide.

She should also IMO be commended for how she handled the private pressures of being married to JFK who we now know had a penchant for women and painkillers. But she stuck it out and was clearly very much there for him. She was a strong woman and a wnderful caring mother abd for this hers is an image that women everywhere aspire to.

What are you opinions on her as 1st Lady, wife, mother, icon etc
Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 13:24

Some images of Jackie;

Edited by QueenCleopatra - 01-Nov-2006 at 13:26
Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 16:23
Great choice, QueenCleo! Jackie Kennedy had grace, style (she put the "box hat" in style) and a certain aplomb about her, but had her share of tragedies. She raised two children on her own, was always under public scrutiny, was twice widowed, and, ultimately, succumbed to cancer. I admired her and supported her!

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2006 at 05:57

I know she lost so much in her life. Imagine 2 husbands, a son and a close friend( Bobby K). And then her own brave battle with Cancer.

And it must have taken some courage to raise to little children while dealing with a physically ill husband who as I said liked painkillers and women a little too much.

And to do all that with such style and dignity is really admirable.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2006 at 13:51
Originally posted by QueenCleopatra

I know she lost so much in her life. Imagine 2 husbands, a son and a close friend( Bobby K). And then her own brave battle with Cancer.

And it must have taken some courage to raise to little children while dealing with a physically ill husband who as I said liked painkillers and women a little too much.

And to do all that with such style and dignity is really admirable.

That's right, QueenCleo! She also became a fashion icon for the American woman. Her suits, matching hats/shoes ensembles, and her hairstyle was copied by millions of American woman in the 60s...she was a hot commodity in her day!

Edited by morticia - 03-Nov-2006 at 13:48
"Morty

Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 06:46
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jackie_kennedy.html

Some quotes from the Lady herself- Jackie in her own words
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 14:05
QueenCleo.... great website of quotes by famous women! I guess Jackie Kennedy could relate to this one, eh?

"I don't think there are any men who are faithful to their wives."

She certainly had her hands full with Jacko Kennedy!
"Morty

Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 11:20
That could have been written for her! Actually thinking about it didn't she say that herself?

I suppose it was inevitable that such a handsome man with a lively personality would never be short of female attention. Apparantly though his high sex drive was a result of his Addisons.

If you listen to the rumours about Jackie and Bobby Kennedy though she was no angle herselfWink

Edited by QueenCleopatra - 10-Nov-2006 at 06:02
 Post Reply Post Reply