Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wha medieval soldier would you have been?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: What medieval soldier would you have been?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [5.80%]
5 [7.25%]
1 [1.45%]
18 [26.09%]
21 [30.43%]
2 [2.90%]
1 [1.45%]
2 [2.90%]
6 [8.70%]
9 [13.04%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wha medieval soldier would you have been?
    Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 23:47
This is a pre-gun powder poll.

Edited by Brunanburh_937 - 02-Mar-2007 at 00:02
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 23:54
Mounted Knight for me. Either English Heavy Knight, or Byzantine/Sassanid Heavy Cavalry...
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 00:05
Axeman
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 00:07

Many of my Ancestors on the French side of my Family were "Mounted Knights"..... so I chose the Mounted Knight! One would also enjoy the freedom of Mobility on the Medievil Battlefield.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 00:11
The problem I have with a mounted position (that sounds rather funny) is that if you were knocked off and hit the dirt you are VERY vulnerable, especially if you were decked out in immobile body armour. You'd be toast rather quick. If I had to be mounted on a horse I would have preferred to be a horse archer. I could have done without the excessive armour.

I would have taken a longbow any day.

Edited by Brunanburh_937 - 02-Mar-2007 at 00:12
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 13:59
axeman Star, chopping off heads, arms and legs.

Edited by axeman - 02-Mar-2007 at 14:03
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 15:43
I voted for calvary archor, but I would have perferred samurai warriors if I had the choice.

Join us.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 17:01
Mounted archer is the most fun I think Riding a shooting
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 23:16
Halbadier for me. Can be used against both cavalry and infantry quite well if you ask me.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 18:58
Since my heritage is part Scottish, I would be a swordsman, and definitely kick some English arse, or maybe fight under France's banner. Heck, maybe I would in the end fight under a mounted noblman (sort of like Gargoyle).LOL

kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 21:28

That's what got my vote.

Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 23:44

Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Heck, maybe I would in the end fight under a mounted noblman (sort of like Gargoyle).LOL

Dear Emperor Barbarossa,

You are more than Welcome to become my Squire... and if you demonstrate competence and good behaviour... I may even organise a cute little Pony for you to ride around on.

Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 00:47
I've chosen the catapult crewCool. Sounds cool ,doesn't it?
I think I've more chances to stay alive after the battle than you guysLOL

We are talking about early medieval Eh?Because the early cannons are pretty dump. There are many chances for it to explode while loading and it also may cause deafnessShocked . It shoots quite loudly...

So you putted the right choices(Catapult / Mangonel / Ballista Crewman)
You're correct Thumbs%20Up!

Hey Gargoyle, I've found a cute little pony for emperor Barbarossa. Don't they look happy together?

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 12:21
Originally posted by Gargoyle

Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Heck, maybe I would in the end fight under a mounted noblman (sort of like Gargoyle).LOL

Dear Emperor Barbarossa,

You are more than Welcome to become my Squire... and if you demonstrate competence and good behaviour... I may even organise a cute little Pony for you to ride around on.

Aye, ye even hae the lion o Scotland on yer shield.
Well, I could easily use a horse, but when it comes to battle, I only kill the enemy on foot.Wink

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 18:43
Archer. I hate to admit it but I just wouldn't have the courage to fight at close quarters.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 20:19
I don't think its an issue of courage over just COMMON SENSE. Having to beat your enemy to death or chop him to pieces is not the most pleasant experience, I'm sure. An archer can just loose a few arrows into a mass of infantry and be done with it. Of course, like the English in the Hundred Years War, they often had to take to their short swords and axes to beat off French knights who made it through the archery barrage.

War is hell.
Crusader3943 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Crusader3943 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 10:36
I'd have been the mounted knight.

Hate to say so, but I agree with knights when they say that archers are cowards.

Edited by Crusader3943 - 12-Mar-2007 at 10:38
Crusader3943
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 08:24
Originally posted by Crusader3943

I'd have been the mounted knight.

Hate to say so, but I agree with knights when they say that archers are cowards.

Clever maybe, cowards no, return home with clean clothes: absolutely yesWink.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 14:55
Horse Archer. As Kipcaks or Tatars.

Edited by Kipcak - 20-Mar-2007 at 14:56
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 09:55

Not wanting to be a pox-ridden peasant, I would pick mounted knight. But thats an obvious one, so instead I voted for archer. English longbowmen could make good money in Italy after news of their importance at Crecy filtered down to Italy. If I was a 14th century king, I would want some English longbowmen.

Edited by Chwyatt - 22-Mar-2007 at 09:56
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>