Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can sanctions change Iran's policy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Can sanctions change Iran's policy in the next 10 years?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
3 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can sanctions change Iran's policy?
    Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 16:55
What do you think about these sanctions against Iran which have been imposed by the Americans and European? Can they really change Iran's policy? I think the westerners still don't know the Iranian leaders, this policy has never been changed in the last 34 years, even during the 8 years war.
Delenda est Roma View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 18:02
Stupid. They'll never work. Only the regular people in Iran suffer,
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 19:19
On their own? No. A carrot-and-stick approach is needed: punishment if the Iranians refuse to dismantle their nuclear plants (possibly assassination of those involved and missile strikes on military bases/laboratories/factories) and reward (like a lifting of sanctions and resumption of trade) if they comply 

Edited by Nick1986 - 15-Aug-2012 at 19:20
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 20:00
It will not work it just makes things worser for the people of Iran for food and medication.  After Kurdistan, Iran is the 2nd region I feel most conneted with and seeing the Iranian people suffer due to sanctions and idiotic leaders is upsetting. 
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 22:26
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 03:10
Some days ago Ahmadinejad said that there is a very more importat thing than the economic problems in Iran and this thing is that all countries in the region are being united against us. I think he is right, these economic problems have always existed in Iran, in fact our current situation is not worse than before, but especillay about Iran's policy toward Syria, we see that not only the west, but almost all Islamic countries have stood against Iran, I think the better thing for the western countries is that they focus on this thing, instead of the sanctions.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 04:44
Originally posted by Nick1986

On their own? No. A carrot-and-stick approach is needed: punishment if the Iranians refuse to dismantle their nuclear plants (possibly assassination of those involved and missile strikes on military bases/laboratories/factories) and reward (like a lifting of sanctions and resumption of trade) if they comply 

Nick is correct. Sanctions with out the threat of immediate enforcement thru mil ops are useless. This can either be direct or indirect. Vocalization of the retaliation, without demonstration, remains an absurd abrogation and appeasement of the threat.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 06:32
I concur with Nick and CV.
 Post Reply Post Reply