Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEUropean Championship 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>
Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: EUropean Championship 2008
    Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 21:37
If I was Aragones i would bring in Carzola  for Iniesta now.  And Fabregas for silva little later.

The Italians, they don't have to make any changes until Spain scores first.

Chielini, what a block on Silva.  Why didn't he start in the group stage?
Another great defense by Chielini on Torres this time.

Great defense by Senna on Toni.  Toni's getting some looks but he seems  something is off still. 

Panucci got bamboozled by Torres.  Chielini to the rescue though.

Camoranesi for Perrota.  I don't like this.  It should be Ambrosini that should get subbed out.

Carzola for Iniesta, I like it.  Fabregas for Xavi, I don't like it but makes sense.  You can't take out Silva in this game, he's the best player so far.

Casillas to make amazing save.  If the Italians can't score from there, where can they?

The Italians are putting more pressure on now.  But they are not gonna do it with Camoranesi, Cassano, and Toni.  It's gonna have to be De Rossi, Zambrotta and Grosso pushing up.  Maybe Del Piero will get subbed in soon.

I've got a feeling that Panucci as the centerback will be exposed before the game is over, the possible winning goal.

Di Natali for Cassano.  Totally forgot about that guy, Di Natali. 

The Spanish are linking the passes better now with Fabregas and Carzola.  But still can't link into the box.

Now the Spanish still can't get in the box but they are earning free kicks and corner kicks in almost every possession now. 

Senna whips two big ones.  Buffon almost mishandles one.  phew.....

What's wrong with Luca Toni?  Chielini in the other end btw looks great, holding up this Italian defense almost single handedly.

Guiza for Torres.  Gutsy move but why not? 

End of the regulation.  Both defended great.

http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 21:45
Yes, North. That is the way it should be. Can you imagine if for everytime a hockey player gets two penalties that they wouldn't play for the next game? Preposterous! You penalize the team more than the player. Let the footballer sit out a few minutes instead.

Another point of contention. When you let the ref control the game (and the next one due to too many cards), he better be good at it. Villa must have been obstructed three times in the penalty area and no call. Yet he gets a yellow for diving. Go figure.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 22:14
Extra Time

Silva and Di Natali were so close to score.

Woo Senna's down, I hope he's just taking a breather. 

End of first ET.  

I think Spain needs to throw everything at the Italians now.   Nothing against Casillas but do you really wanna go to the penalty kicks with Buffon?  Just ask Mutu, ouch.

Del Piero for Aquilani.  I like it.  Totally forgot about that Aquilani was still in the game.  i would be perfect if Spain had Raul to answer to Italy's Del Piero.

Sergio Ramos just schooled Del Piero, but it was two on one though.  

WTF Guiza.  Carzola also misses good chance.

Now penalty.  OMG, Spain deserved to win this one but not convincing enough.  They couldn't deliver the knock out punch. 

Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 22:22
Spain won!

"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 22:24
ESPAGNA !!!
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 22:24
nice Villa 1-0 Spain
Better one from Grosso 1-1 tied.
Carzola , you know I love you, don't let me own.
and he didn't 2-1 Spain
Wow, Casillas stopped De Rossi  still 2-1 Spain
Senna 3-1 Spain
Camoranesi 3-2 Spain
Wow Guiza, what a bad sub for Torres still 3-2
Wow Casillas does it again
Fabregas4-2 Spain

Wow, Casillas!  Sorry for doubting you.  I just thought Buffon was......

Congrats to Spain and Kaysaar!ClapCheers

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 22-Jun-2008 at 22:27
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 22:25
whoah, i didn't saw that coming! but now, Spain vs Russia, i think Russia has realistic chances, now i'm really undescided.... Confused

great matches to come up, particularly the finals! who's gona make it? Approve
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 23:11
Viva Espana! My team is gona make it to the finals baby!

Prediction for final: Turkey vs. Spain

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 22-Jun-2008 at 23:12
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 23:21
Turkey with Fatih playing, with 10 camp players they are already out!
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 23:42
.....Hi all..

....must admit, i have really enjoyed this Championship despite my own 'England' team dismally failing to qualify..Cry..but hey, its been on the whole a great feast of football....a little bit of my money was on Croatia to win as an outside bet, also a few quid was posted for the Czech Republic, but what do i know about football!!!!...felt real sorry for the Croats when they lost.....and watching Petr Cech gifting Turkey a goal did not help my cause.....

....still, because my partner is Russian i have been watching them closely, and apart from that first demolition by Spain they have probably been the most entertaining team overall in my opinion...risky, high energy and breath-taking football in the last three games....the 3-1 win over the dutch was a reminder of what football should really be about....great to see a young team of players expressing themselves with vigour and determination..sure the tall blonde striker needs about 10 shots on goal before one goes in, but Ashavin has been superb and makes up for that inexperience in front of goal........so they have Spain next, my head tells me that the Spaniards will win it, but my heart will be rooting for Russia....could there be an upset???..maybe....who thought Russia would beat the Dutch after their great display on previous games....looking forward to the conclusion of the tournament.....and i hope England can take a few lessons while watching from the sidelines.....

..all the best....AoO...
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 00:31
Good to hear from you again AoO.  How've you been?

What you think about that Scolari deal?   I think Avram deserved another year but hopefully big Phil lays down some pipelines to Portuguese and Brazilian players, namely Deco. Ronaldinho, maybe Diego or Fabiano?  Anyway I'll be back full on the Summer Transfers as soon as Euro is over.

Spain:Russia   I got it opposite actually.  My head tells me Russia and may heart tells me Spain.    I think Russia is a legit contender now.  They carry bigger Mojo into the semifinal, and they can force any team to play the way they like to play.   I also think they are most physically fit team too.  And there is the ghost of Hiddink from 02'.   And you know how I feel about Hiddink.  But My heart tells me Spain because I'm more familiar with the players(I really like Carzola, Senna, Xavi, Fabregas and Ramos, etc) and I really want them to shake off the historical underachieving hangovers.  I also like to see their style can amount to something great in big competitions. 

But either way I'll be happy for either of them whoever wins.  I can't really dislike either team. 

Italy has won over my heart too.  I didn't like this team in the beginning.  But I love how they made adjustments and handled the amounting pressure.  Italy did also find something they could build upon for WC 2010.  They found out that De Rossi, Perrota and Grosso will be the future of this team.   They found out Cassano, Di Natali, Aquilani are not ready to take over yet.  I think Chielini is also a great discovery for the future.  If Cannavaro can't play in 2010, I have no problem giving the job to Chielini.      
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 00:39
Wait a minute!  We still haven't heard from Kaysaar yet!  He must be getting twisted somewhere!  Cheers

Be safe!
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 05:07
¡Vamos España! ¡Vamos San Casillas!

Unfortunately I couldn't be here to post, as I had to work... which also means I couldn't celebrate my Furia Roja's glorious penalty victory. I did get to watch the last 20 minutes of the second half, as well as most of the extra time.

From what I saw it looked like we did thoroughly outplay them, and squandered some nice chances by getting excited and making bad decisions.

I was very happy at work, and I have decided that it is high time I invested in a Spanish jersey.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 05:33

Well Italys luck with Penaltys continue. Or begin again.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 15:03
Spain proceeds to the semi finals but still they only made it over the penalties. on the other hand Spain has already trashed Russia in group stage... Russia beat the Dutch, but i think the Dutch overachieved anyways in their group, beating an unready France, a weak Italy and cautious Romanians, so was their victory really that great? Ermm

funny enough, all of the death group are death now, who would have thought that? or that Portugals claim to greatness ends in the quarter finals....

Edited by Temujin - 23-Jun-2008 at 15:04
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 21:05
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Good to hear from you again AoO.  How've you been?

What you think about that Scolari deal?   I think Avram deserved another year but hopefully big Phil lays down some pipelines to Portuguese and Brazilian players, namely Deco. Ronaldinho, maybe Diego or Fabiano?  Anyway I'll be back full on the Summer Transfers as soon as Euro is over.   

..Hi there KK...

....i have been ok thanks......i have been away for a few days which is why i have managed to catch a few of the euro games!!....yeah, 'Big Phil'.....probably the best choice on Roman's list..can't help feeling now though that managers at Chelsea are coming 'in through the out door' as it were....it feels the same about the players as well, of course its great to have the possibility of all that talent arriving at the Bridge and showing their stuff in the Premiership.....i am excited but unusually anxious????.....Confused

..i will be watching the Russia V Spain game this week, but i still think that Spain will come through tops, unless they have a bad day at the office in which case most opposing teams will get their chance, thats football i guess, can't see Spain caving in under pressure though..but hell, you never know!!!!..being a Chelsea fan for so long now kinda installs a 'fatalistic' mentality.....a 'believe it when i see it' kind of thing!!!!.....still, for the sake of my partner i will be shouting the usual tirade of abuse and encouragement at the tv on Thursday evening!!!!!!.....

..See you around.......AoO...
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2008 at 03:33
España y Rusia!

I'm very much looking forward to the next Spain contest coming up this Thursday at 14:45 EST! While the Spanish did defeat the Russians handily in during the group stages, the return of starlet Arshavin changes the dynamic of the Russian attack. With him and Pavyluchenko working the attack, they become much more formidable. I think that if Spain can work their offense like they did in the previous games, then they should be alright. The Spanish just need to sit tight and run their offense like they did already.

I am still worried about the Spanish defense though. The Spanish defense let Pavlyuchenko run amok in the last game and now he'll have another skilled player to help him attack. If la Furia Roja can lock down on Pavyluchenko like they did on Luca Toni, they might be able to contain the Russian attack. I do think that their defense has improved throughout the tournament.

I hope that the Spanish will come out of their last game with the confidence and motivation to run circles around the Russians. Iker Casillas should be on top of the world, and feeling like he can stop any shot that comes within 15 meters of the goal, as well as the Spanish midfield/attack feeling confident in their shooting ability following a dominant penalty session. If I'm Luis Aragonés, I set things up like I did against them the first time.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2008 at 08:17
Russia - Spain will be truly interesting to watch. I hope both teams won't be crushed by the pressure a bit the way it happened between Spain and Italy. Russia will have some real problems faced with some of the worlds' top defenders.

Seeing Puyol play is always a huge pleasure. It's always fun to see him glued to the other team's player, whereas many defenders (the style of A. Cole or Zambrotta) prefer usually the quick shock-intervention cutting the trajectory of the ball. Puyol has this tactic of attrition: the other tries right, left, right, left and finally is so frustrated that he leaves the ball and goes to cry on the bench. Which will prove a huge problem for the Russians who like to get close to the goals before shooting.

On the other hand, the Russian defense ain't that impressive and you kind of feel they have been lucky the Dutch were in a bad day. For once the winner may be the one that scores the most instead of the one that concedes the less goals.
I am a free donkey!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2008 at 15:46
Russia-Spain should be a top notch match. The power of Russia and fancy footwork of Arshavin versus the thrill of a Spanish bullfight. Hiddink will bring out the best in his boys yet he has one minor issue. Aside from the club level he has yet to produce a national finalist. I give the matadors the nod in this one.

Germany-Turkey. Oh what a surprise! The wounded, bad to the bone, warriors versus Die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft. Tradition automatically favors the men in black. With three world cup titles (four times as the runner up) and three times as Euro champs, you would figure that past record alone should be enough to dictate this game. Yet how do you dictate fate? How do you tell the Turks that it is over? Sure they have speedsters and tricksters that glue you to the TV like a Tiger Woods epic. The currently depleted Turkish squad hangs around like a lorry in Istanbul traffic blarring it's horns at you from a few car lengths behind. As you maneuver to jockey for space the truck moves over to the curb and passes you while belting out its diesel sound. Most wouldn't give the diesel a chance against a high flying BMW. Yet in conjested traffic chaos wins the day, even when parts are rusting, the tires are flat and the spare parts are in the shop.

- The traditional pick (especially when the comeback kids are down to 14 men):  Germany by three.

- The insane in the membrane, no way man, you have got to be kidding me pick: Turkey pulls another rabbit out of her hat. Finals here we come.

At the end of the day the Benz trucks will be blasting out Turkiye!!! Turkiye!!!

Edited by Seko - 24-Jun-2008 at 15:59
galvatron View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2008 at 16:27
Spain will beat Russia in semi final if Russia play like the opening games loss 1-4 to Spain ,Russia are yoyo team ,Russia can beat a top side like Holland and they also lose 0-3 to Romania in March ,they qualify for final thanks to Croatia .Holland missed Rubben and they have a bad day with the  dutch defender Khalid  daughter death ,is  affect the whole Dutch  team emotion .

I too support Turkey in semifinal ,if Greece can win Euro 2004 ,why not Turkey too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>