Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origin of Gagauz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origin of Gagauz
    Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 12:12
Originally posted by shinai

I think it is not fair to call me racist, I am not telling one race is superior to the others.

Dont offence but you opsest with race. You are keep talking about ıt.Shocked

Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 17:13

The word " Gagaus " comes from " Gk Oghuz " means " Blue Oghuz " .

- Oghuz is a well known Turkish tribe .
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 00:53
Gagauz people call themselves Turkish.this make them Turks unless you guys are obsessed with genetics or religion.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 05:30
Originally posted by Batu

Gagauz people call themselves Turkish.

Seljuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Seljuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2007 at 19:19
I found a very nice reading  about the origins of gagauz

Yazijioghlu 'Ali on the Christian Turks of the Dobruja by Paul Wittek
http://www.scribd.com/doc/12805/Christian-Turks-of-Dobruja

Edited by Seljuk - 15-Mar-2007 at 20:26

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 00:18
Moved. For whatever reason this was in the South-East Asia forum...
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 06:56
Originally posted by Decebal

Moved. For whatever reason this was in the South-East Asia forum...

But its not about Central Asia either. Gagauzs are living in Moldovia, Romania, and Ukrain.
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 10:06
Yes, but the term Steppe Nomads probably fits the best when it comes to them (although they have been settled for a while). And since this section talks about various aspects of ethnicity, it's probably best to put it here. If we're going to talk about the Krim Tatars here, I don't see why the Gagauz should be any different.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 14:54
Originally posted by Decebal

Yes, but the term Steppe Nomads probably fits the best when it comes to them (although they have been settled for a while). And since this section talks about various aspects of ethnicity, it's probably best to put it here. If we're going to talk about the Krim Tatars here, I don't see why the Gagauz should be any different.

Ermm Ermm yea i think you are righ. SorryEmbarrassed
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2007 at 19:42
Yes , they are pure Turks ( may be mixed but their Traditions are still remained the same ) ; such a significany that they form their fingers like a Head of a Wolf before coming inside a Hall , Cafe ...etc :)
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 01:05
Nice discussion.

Sure Gagauz are Turkish
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2007 at 02:50
Originally posted by shinai

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2007/02/more-on-origin-of-gagauz.html
This
reaserch studies the genetic of Gagauz, a trurkic people in easetrn eaurope and says that:
Despite this low level of differentiation, tree reconstruction and principle component analyses allowed a distinction between BalkanCarpathian (Macedonians, Romanians, Moldavians, Ukrainians and Gagauzes) and eastern Mediterranean (Turks, Greeks and Albanians) population groups.

Now the question is that how did Turkish language distribute between an european, christan people, in Anatoila and Balkan.

I am not really sure whether I understand what is your question. Turkic gagauz lived in the Balkans for several hundred years mixing mainly with the Orthodox "Balkan-Carpatian," so is it still strange that their genetic code changed in this environment ?

The Turkic question did not distribute between European christian people. Turkic muslim people first moved to Europe converted to the Orthodox Christianity and then their genetic code gradually changed, since I suppose they had to take wifes from their neighbors.

Is the problem still there?
Σαυρομάτης
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12