Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oghuz appearance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oghuz appearance
    Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 18:47

Buldog, I know there are Turks (especialy Kıpçak Turks) in byzantine army. But I meant that I don't know if byzantines were take the Turkish soldiers from their childish ages.

I meant I don't know they grew up them for the byzantine army. I only know They are soldier of fortune. (some of  Kıpçak Turks)

AND final :

I belive that, there are still pure Turkish blood . I searched my genological tree and I didn't notice any mix for 300 years, (I didn't reached after 300) and I think if in 300 years there were no mix in 5000 years like that (I belive it , but I don't know ) (:
We Turks are a people who throughout our history have been the very embodiment of freedom&independence
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 19:03
MythTR
Buldog, I know there are Turks (especialy Kıpçak Turks) in byzantine army. But I meant that I don't know if byzantines were take the Turkish soldiers from their childish ages.

I meant I don't know they grew up them for the byzantine army. I only know They are soldier of fortune. (some of  Kıpçak Turks)

Not just Kipcak Turks, there were Pechenegs (Oghuz) and armies from various other Oghuz Turk tribes aswell.

Most were mercenery armies, however, high ranking officers over time became Byzantine and known as Turcopoli, Sons of Turks I think is the translation.

MythTR
I belive that, there are still pure Turkish blood . I searched my genological tree and I didn't notice any mix for 300 years, (I didn't reached after 300) and I think if in 300 years there were no mix in 5000 years like that (I belive it , but I don't know ) (:

There is a big difference between 300 and 5 thousands years Big smile

Don't worry, mixing doesn't make anyone any less a Turk or anything else, being a Turk is not determined by your genes, it wouldn't matter if you were the grand grand grand son of Oghuz Khan, if you couldn't speak Turkish, didn't have a Turk identity etc it would mean nothing, you wouldn't have been a Turk.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

HungryWolf View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote HungryWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 19:04
All Turkic people belong to Turanid race.

Turanid race also included :

Estons
Magyars (Hungarians)
Finnish People (Finlandians)
Japans
Koreans
Bulgars
Mongols

and some historical ethnics :

Skifs/Saks
Huns
Avars
Pecheneks

http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turanid (in Turkish)

Turks can be killed but can't be beaten. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 19:09
HungryWolf
All Turkic people belong to Turanid race.

This is pseudo fantasy history.

There is no Turanid race and Estonians, Magyars, Finish, Japanese, Koreans and Turks are not the same people.

Also Pechenegs were Oghuz Turks therefore not theoretically extinct.

The Turkic peoples have enough differences among them but we can say they are a supra-nation, especially muslim Turks and the Christian Gagauz due to being Oghuz and Ottoman influence. There are differences but enough similarities to be connected, ie linguistically, historically, supra-identity, religion etc

But the other peoples listed are not part of one giant race or nation.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Knight
Knight

Quote HungryWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 19:21
No man you don't understand me it's like a europoid race.
There is many nations in Europe but they all belong to europoid race as they say.
I don't say that turanid people are one nation, no, its like a type between caucasoid and mongoloid races.

Edited by HungryWolf - 15-Mar-2009 at 19:22

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 19:34
Korean and Estonians belong to different races which is obvious. "Turanid race" is a wild fantazy.
Σαυρομάτης
Knight
Knight

Quote HungryWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 19:51
The humand race is actually a species, and there are 5 sub-species being Caucasoid, Congoid, Capoid, Australoid, and Mongoloid.

Each subspecies has a number of 'races':

I. Capoid or Khoisanid Subspecies of southern Africa 
A. Khoid (Hottentot) race 
B. Sanid (Bushmen) race 

II. Congoid Subspecies of sub-Saharan Africa 
A. Central Congoid race (Geographic center and origin in the Congo river basin) 
1. Palaecongoid subrace (the Congo river basin: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, Angola) 
2. Sudanid subrace (western Africa: Niger, Mali, Senegal, Guinea) 
3. Nilotid subrace (southern Sudan; the ancient Nubians were of this subrace) 
4. Kafrid or Bantid subrace (east and south Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Natal) 
B. Bambutid race (African Pygmies) 
C. Aethiopid race (Ethiopia, Somalia; hybridized with Caucasoids) 

III. Caucasoid or Europid Subspecies (Geographic distribution centered in the Caucasus mountains) 
A. Mediterranid race 
1. West Mediterranean or Iberid subrace (Spain, Portugal, Corsica, Sardinia, and coastal areas of Morocco and Tunisia; the Atlanto-Mediterranean peoples who expanded over much of the Atlantic coastal regions of Europe during the Mesolithic period were a branch of this subrace) 
2. East Mediterranean or Pontid subrace (Black Sea coast of Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria; Aegean coasts of Greece and Turkey) 
3. Dinaricized Mediterraneans (Residual mixed types resulting from the blending of Mediterranids with Dinarics, Alpines or Armenids; not a unified type, has much regional variation; predominant element [over 60%] in Sicily and southern Italy, principal element in Turkey [35%], important element in western Syria, Lebanon and central Italy, common in northern Italy. The ancient Cappadocian Mediterranean subrace of Anatolia was dinaricized during the Bronze Age [second millennium B.C.] and is a major contributor to this type in modern Turkey.) 
4. South Mediterranean or Saharid subrace (predominant in Algeria and Libya, important in Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt) 
5. Orientalid or Arabid subrace (predominant in Arabia, major element from Egypt to Syria, primary in northern Sudan, important in Iraq, predominant element among the Oriental Jews) 
B. Dinaric race (predominant in western Balkans [Dinaric Mountains] and northern Italy, important in the Czech Republic, eastern and southern Switzerland, western Austria and eastern Ukraine) 
C. Alpine race (predominant element in Luxembourg, primary in Bavaria and Bohemia, important in France, Hungary, eastern and southern Switzerland) 
D. Ladogan race (named after Lake Ladoga; indigenous to Russia; includes Lappish subrace of arctic Europe) 
E. Nordish or Northern European race (various subraces in the British Isles, Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Belgium; predominant element in Germany, Switzerland, Poland, Finland and the Baltic States; majority in Austria and Russia; minority in France, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary; outlined in detail in The Nordish Race) 
F. Armenid race (predominant element in Armenia, common in Syria, Lebanon and northern Iraq, primary element among the Ashkenazic Jews) 
G. Turanid race (partially hybridized with Mongoloids; predominant element in Kazakhstan.; common in Hungary and Turkey) 
H. Irano-Afghan race (predominant in Iran and Afghanistan, primary element in Iraq, common [25%] in Turkey) 
I. Indic or Nordindid race (Pakistan and northern India) 
J. Dravidic race (India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka [Ceylon]; ancient stabilized Indic-Veddoid [Australoid] blend) 

IV. Australoid Subspecies 
A. Veddoid race (remnant Australoid population in central and southern India) 
B. Negritos (remnants in Malaysia and the Philippines) 
C. Melanesian race (New Guinea, Papua, Solomon Islands) 
D. Australian-Tasmanian race (Australian Aborigines) 

V. Mongoloid Subspecies 
A. Northeast Asian race (various subraces in China, Manchuria, Korea and Japan) 
B. Southeast Asian race (various subraces in Indochina, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, some partly hybridized with Australoids) 
C. Micronesian-Polynesian race (hybridized with Australoids) 
D. Ainuid race (remnants of aboriginal population in northern Japan) 
E. Tungid race (Mongolia and Siberia, Eskimos) 
F. Amerindian race (American Indians; various subraces) 

MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 20:08
Originally posted by HungryWolf

The humand race is actually a species, and there are 5 sub-species being Caucasoid, Congoid, Capoid, Australoid, and Mongoloid.

I. Capoid or Khoisanid Subspecies of southern Africa 
A. Khoid (Hottentot) race 
B. Sanid (Bushmen) race 

II. Congoid Subspecies of sub-Saharan Africa 
A. Central Congoid race (Geographic center and origin in the Congo river basin) 
1. Palaecongoid subrace (the Congo river basin: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, Angola) 
2. Sudanid subrace (western Africa: Niger, Mali, Senegal, Guinea) 
3. Nilotid subrace (southern Sudan; the ancient Nubians were of this subrace) 
4. Kafrid or Bantid subrace (east and south Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Natal) 
B. Bambutid race (African Pygmies) 
C. Aethiopid race (Ethiopia, Somalia; hybridized with Caucasoids) 

III. Caucasoid or Europid Subspecies (Geographic distribution centered in the Caucasus mountains) 
A. Mediterranid race 
1. West Mediterranean or Iberid subrace (Spain, Portugal, Corsica, Sardinia, and coastal areas of Morocco and Tunisia; the Atlanto-Mediterranean peoples who expanded over much of the Atlantic coastal regions of Europe during the Mesolithic period were a branch of this subrace) 
2. East Mediterranean or Pontid subrace (Black Sea coast of Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria; Aegean coasts of Greece and Turkey) 
3. Dinaricized Mediterraneans (Residual mixed types resulting from the blending of Mediterranids with Dinarics, Alpines or Armenids; not a unified type, has much regional variation; predominant element [over 60%] in Sicily and southern Italy, principal element in Turkey [35%], important element in western Syria, Lebanon and central Italy, common in northern Italy. The ancient Cappadocian Mediterranean subrace of Anatolia was dinaricized during the Bronze Age [second millennium B.C.] and is a major contributor to this type in modern Turkey.) 
4. South Mediterranean or Saharid subrace (predominant in Algeria and Libya, important in Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt) 
5. Orientalid or Arabid subrace (predominant in Arabia, major element from Egypt to Syria, primary in northern Sudan, important in Iraq, predominant element among the Oriental Jews) 
B. Dinaric race (predominant in western Balkans [Dinaric Mountains] and northern Italy, important in the Czech Republic, eastern and southern Switzerland, western Austria and eastern Ukraine) 
C. Alpine race (predominant element in Luxembourg, primary in Bavaria and Bohemia, important in France, Hungary, eastern and southern Switzerland) 
D. Ladogan race (named after Lake Ladoga; indigenous to Russia; includes Lappish subrace of arctic Europe) 
E. Nordish or Northern European race (various subraces in the British Isles, Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Belgium; predominant element in Germany, Switzerland, Poland, Finland and the Baltic States; majority in Austria and Russia; minority in France, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary; outlined in detail in The Nordish Race) 
F. Armenid race (predominant element in Armenia, common in Syria, Lebanon and northern Iraq, primary element among the Ashkenazic Jews) 
G. Turanid race (partially hybridized with Mongoloids; predominant element in Kazakhstan.; common in Hungary and Turkey) 
H. Irano-Afghan race (predominant in Iran and Afghanistan, primary element in Iraq, common [25%] in Turkey) 
I. Indic or Nordindid race (Pakistan and northern India) 
J. Dravidic race (India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka [Ceylon]; ancient stabilized Indic-Veddoid [Australoid] blend) 

IV. Australoid Subspecies 
A. Veddoid race (remnant Australoid population in central and southern India) 
B. Negritos (remnants in Malaysia and the Philippines) 
C. Melanesian race (New Guinea, Papua, Solomon Islands) 
D. Australian-Tasmanian race (Australian Aborigines) 

V. Mongoloid Subspecies 
A. Northeast Asian race (various subraces in China, Manchuria, Korea and Japan) 
B. Southeast Asian race (various subraces in Indochina, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, some partly hybridized with Australoids) 
C. Micronesian-Polynesian race (hybridized with Australoids) 
D. Ainuid race (remnants of aboriginal population in northern Japan) 
E. Tungid race (Mongolia and Siberia, Eskimos) 
F. Amerindian race (American Indians; various subraces) 

+1071 (;

he meant that, there are other brothers in the world knows us and  they searching exploring.

for example in hungary (HUN-gary- Oungur Turks -> Hungar Turks) . yes the world's first Turkology instute has created in hungary.

We Turks are a people who throughout our history have been the very embodiment of freedom&independence
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Knight
Knight

Quote HungryWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 21:19
he meant that, there are other brothers in the world knows us and  they searching exploring. HUN-gary- Oungur Turks -> Hungar Turks

+1453 (;

yes thats what im saying

MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 21:41

(;  I think the other scandinav countries are starting this researchments. Estonia , Findlandia etc...

Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Knight
Knight

Quote HungryWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 22:19
Turanids are Mongolid-Europid hybrids. It's a stable type, not every half-Asian, half-European is a Turanid. The boundary between pure Europids and pure Mongolids is made of Turanids, there are no natural barriers between the 2 races, so they have bred a hybrid race. The Mongolid genetic component is usually on the female line, the Europid on the male line.

An East-Baltic Uralic girl from Hungary, A Turanid woman from Bashkiria:

Uralics (aka Ladogans, East-Baltics, Neo-Danubians) are Upper Paleolithic survivors with an affiliation with Finnic and Ugrian people, although they are found all over Eastern, Northern and Central Europe in different ethnic populations. They are partially Mongolid only in a taxonomic way, incipient Mongolid, like Alpines or people with Down Syndrome. Russia's Uralics are Slavicized Finns. Finland is the blondest and probably the most racially Uralic country.

Edited by HungryWolf - 15-Mar-2009 at 22:20

calvo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 22:28
Originally posted by HungryWolf

You need to update yourself on anthropology I'm afraid. This idea of human subspecies is a 19th century idea that has been disproven by science in the 20th century through genetic study.
All human beings alive today belong to one species: homo sapiens, and one sub-species: homo sapiens sapiens. hundreds of thousands of years ago there was a human subspecies named: homo sapiens idaltu that had gone extinct.

Check out this site:

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 22:32
Myth
for example in hungary (HUN-gary- Oungur Turks -> Hungar Turks) . yes the world's first Turkology instute has created in hungary.

Hungarians are not Hungar Turks, they are not Turkic and do not speak a Turkic language.

Their country may have "Hun" in the name but the people are Magyars, they had contact and lived with Turks in history but thats all.
Albert Pine

Knight
Knight

Quote HungryWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2009 at 22:57
All human beings alive today belong to one species: homo sapiens
I'm agreeing with you. It's very punctual and true. But there is many peoples and countries who and which are thinking there is only one civil human race in the world and it is europoid.
There is no such thing as race what divide peoples. All we are humans. I'm trying to be humanist always.

Their country may have "Hun" in the name but the people are Magyars
Huns were turks too and if u ask any Hungarian or how u say magyar who you are? They will all answer that "we are grandchildrens of the huns and cousin of turks". Belive me.

Edited by HungryWolf - 15-Mar-2009 at 22:59

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 03:47
Magyars are Finno-Urgians, not Turks.
Σαυρομάτης
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 12:46
Sarmat
Magyars are Finno-Urgians, not Turks.

Exactly
Albert Pine

MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 17:21

Please look theese examples :

English :

There are many apples in my pocket

Hungarian (magyar) :

Sok alma van a zsebembem

Turkish :

Çok elma var cebimde

Turkish                                           Hungarian
Çok     (many)                                  Sok
Elma    (apple)                                 Alma
Var      (there is/ there are)             Van
Cep     (pocket)                               Zseb
Cebim (my pocket)                          Zsebem
Cebimde (in my pocket)                  Zsebembe

Have you ever see a language as similarly as the other one in the world ?
No , you not.

You didn't belive ?

ok .

Turkish                                      Hungarian
Fasülye (bean)                          Fasolia
Bostan (truck garden)               Bostan

etc. etc.....

and the most important:

Turkish                              Hungarian
Atilla / Attila                       Atilla / Attila

there are a lot of like this..

Thank you!
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 18:03
So, what?
You know how many parallels I can give you between English and Latin?                                                                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_words_with_English_derivatives    
Latin Nouns and Adjectives
Citation form Declining stem Meaning English derivative
acerbus acerb- bitter acerbic
acetum acet- vinegar acetic
aedificium aedifici- building edifice
alacer alacr- quick alacrity
album alb- white album
alius ali- other alien
anima anim- soul, life animate
annus ann- year annual
aqua aqu- water aquamarine
aquatic
audax audac- brave, bold audacious
auris aur- ear aural
avis avi- bird avian
aviary
bellum bell- war bellicose
belligerence
bonus
– melior
– optimus
bon-
– melior-
– optim-
good
– better
– best
bonus
ameliorate
optimum
bōs bov- cow bovine
canis can- dog canine
cīvis civit- citizen civil
civilian
coniunx coniug- spouse conjugal
cornu corn- horn unicorn
deus de- god deity
diēs diē- day diet
diary
discipulus discipul- student disciple
dominus domin- lord dominion
dominate
domus dom- house domain
domestic
domicile
equus equ- horse equestrian
falx falc- sickle falcate
felinae felin- cat-like feline
fēmina fēmin- woman feminine
filius fili- son filial
finis fini- limit infinite
final
flos flor- flower floral
folium foli- leaf folio
foliage
forma form- form, shape, beauty form
fors fort- luck fortuitous
fortis fort- strength fortitude
fortify
frater fratr- brother fraternity
frux frug- fruit frugal
fumus fum- smoke fume
genus gen- birth, offspring, creation generation
genuine
homō homin- man (human being) hominid
ignis - fire ignite
insula insul- island insulate
peninsula
insular
jūdex jūdic- judge judge
judicial
adjudicate
jūs jūr- right
law
justice
jurisdiction
lachryma lachrym- tear lachrymose
lex lēg- law legal
lūna lūn- moon lunar
lupus lup- wolf lupine
magister magistr- teacher magistrate
magnus
– mājor
– maximus
magn-
– mājor-
– maxim-
big
– bigger
– biggest
magnitude
major
maximum
malus mal- bad malevolence
malice
manus manu- hand
band of men
manual
mare mar- sea marine
maritime
māter mātr- mother matron
maternal
mora mor- delay moratorium
narrat narrat- tells, relates narrator
narrate
nihil nihil- nothing nil
nihilism
annihilate
nox noct- night nocturnal
oculus ocul- eye inoculate
ocular
onus oner- load exonerate
onus
pater patr- father patron
paternal
patriarch
pavimentum paviment- ground pavement
pes ped- foot pedestrian
pulcher pulchr- beautiful pulchritude
rex rēg- king regal
rūs rūr- farm rural
rustic
sinister sinistr- left sinister
terra terr- land terrain
terrestrial
unda und- wave undulate
urbs urb- city urban
Ursidae urs- bear ursine
vehiculum vehicul- wagon vehicle
veritas ver- truth veracity
verify
villa vill- country house village
villa
vir vir- man (male person) virile
vulpinae vulp- fox vulpine
So, using your logic I conclude that English people are actually Romans.

Σαυρομάτης
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 18:28

Sarmat,

Did I say anything about latin and english ? This is a well known topic smilitaries between english and latin languages. We are talking here about another thing.

Think it, where is central asia where is Turkey where is Hungary.

And think it again, where is rome where is germany where is england.

Which one is too far ? I hope you can understand me..

you said So, what ? I invite you to courtliness.

and please be more calm the topics which is about Turks.
 ..Safromatis.
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 19:06
Originally posted by MythTR

Originally posted by eaglecap

I am sorry that is wrong- byzantines and Seljuk the same - show me some sources on that and cite them. The Sejuk Turks were a Turkic tribe that invaded Persia and then Anatolia by defeating the Byzantine army at the battle of Manzikert. I do not know what revision history you are reading but it is, no offense to you, baloney. I really do not like wickpedia and do not consider the best source but check any historic source about that period and you will see how false your assumption is: Ask Byzantine Emp who is a grad major in Byzantine history. In fact, I think he has graduated from Michigan State University. Selçuks = Byzantines right!! .
http://tk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Alp_Arslan[/QUOTE]

If I don't interest I couldn't pass this object. A Huge Big Very very big false.

Seljuks = Byzantines ?

no , not.

If in this picture he was a SelÇuk warior you can choose them easyly. At that period, first Turk and Byzantine wars haven't blonde Turkish soldier. The Kipçaks went to the river with their horses and they suiceded, after they learnt they were fighting in byzantine army in front of Turks.

You can see easyly there weren't characteristic Turkish in this picture. Because this period not blonde

What a english.

NO - the Seljuks were a Turkic tribe that invaded Anatolia but yes the Byzantines did use various Turkic tribes as mercenaries. Some of them became Christianized and intermarried with the Rum. This does not make the Seljuk a Turkic Tribe Byzantine.

here please read:

Byzantine Armies AD 1118-1461 AD- Ian Heath
Turks:
Hired extensively during the middle Byzantine era, the employment of large numbers of Turks was revived under Michael VIII in the second half of the 13th century. He is recorded as having 5,000 Seljuks in his pay by 1262 when those associated with the central army were as……
Page 34
Some were Christians
Often to be found brigaded alongside Turks in the 12th-14th centuries and sometimes indistinguishable from them, was a corps of regular troops called the Tourkopouloi or sons of Turks. Nominally consisting of Christianized Turks or the issue of mixed unions, on occasion they included natives of the Anatolian provinces, who Pachymeres records shaving their heads Turkish fashion in order to join them.   34
The Byzantines did distinguish the Seljuks not only as a different ethnic group but as Turks.
Uzes: Seljuk = Turkic tribe
A Turkish people very similar in appearance and identical in armament to the Cumans and/ or the Seljuks (from whom some sources have difficulty distinguishing them) 34

Byzantine Armies AD 886- 1118 - Ian Heath
Osprey – Men at arms series

The Terrible day: Manzikert 1071
Armenia, once the Empires principle recruiting ground but now left practically defenseless by disbandment of its thematic armies, was in the hands of the Suljuk TURKS by 1067. This loss was followed by almost continuous Turkish Incursion into the Anatolia heartland of the Empire…..   page 24 Byzantine Armies AD

Today - I do not doubt there are many Turkish people who have Byzantine roots along with Slavic, Semitic and the list can go on. The Ottoman Empire, like America, was a melting pot of different races and ethnic groups. I could see it when I was there but when the Seljuk Turks first arrived in that region they were part of the greater Turkic family.

Read Alexiad of Ana Comnena and remember the First Crusade began when Emperor Alexiad Comnena invited 4-5,000 Frankish Knights to reclaim lands conquered by the Seljuks after 1071 AD.

They distinguished the Seljuk as being different but if you want to believe in such revision history that is your choice. Maybe it is just your opinion!!

MythTR - you are young but I encourage you to read multiple sources so you can get various opinions from all angles first. I sometimes fail to do this here because I am very busy and really should not use up valuable time here.

Edited by eaglecap - 16-Mar-2009 at 19:47
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>