Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pope's gaffe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Guardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pope's gaffe?
    Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 14:15
Originally posted by Loknar

No most muslims arent terrorists

You know, you may not notice it but some of your choice of words might be considered very offensive to some poeple

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 14:19
Well, many differencens between Christians and Muslims are obvious.

When you say joke about christians, pope, Jesus (whatever) most of catholics (or christians) laugh (if joke is good).

When you say joke about Islam many muslims want to cut your head off, kill your familly, burn your house, crash your car and rape your cat...

I'm going to test that theory.

The christian one:

The Pope goes to New York.

He is picked up at the airport by a limousine.

He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, "You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?"

The driver is understandably hesistant and says, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that."

But the Pope persists, "Please?" The driver finally lets up. "Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the Pope."

So the Pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over.

The cop walks up and asks the Pope to roll down the window.

Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the Pope to wait a minute.

He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.

Cop: Chief, I have a problem.

Chief: What sort of problem?

Cop: Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.

Chief: Important like the mayor?

Cop: No, no, much more important than that.

Chief: Important like the governor?

Cop: Wayyyyyy more important than that.

Chief: Like the president?

Cop: More.

Chief: Who's more important than the president?

Cop: I don't know, but he's got the Pope DRIVING for him!

The muslim one:

An Imam was feeling bored one Friday and decided to take the day off away from the Masjid. He told the assistant Imam he wasn't feeling well and drove off. He stopped at a golf course about forty miles away (so that no one would know him.)

Up in Heaven, the angels were talking. One said to another, "He can just get away with that! This is wrong - Jummah is mandatory for him and he is an example for so many believers!" The other angel agreed but decided to wait to see how Allah would take care of him.

The Imam teed off on the first hole and suddenly, the wind picked up, blowing the ball right in the hole for a 420 yard hole-in-one.

The angels looked at each other in great surprise. One said, "Why did He do that??" The other realized the wisdom behind it and smiled...

"Who's he going to tell?"
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 15:03
Originally posted by JanusRook

The angels looked at each other in great surprise. One said, "Why did He do that??" The other realized the wisdom behind it and smiled...

"Who's he going to tell?"

This is a good one LOL

BTW, Everybody loves to hear jokes. The problem is the intention of the people making the joke. There is a difference of making a joke for a good laugh and making a joke for insulting.  
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 15:12
And here is a sarcastic one:

A man is taking a walk in Central park in New York. Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a pit bull dog . He runs over and starts fighting with the dog. He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the girl's life. A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says: "You are a hero, tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers: "Brave New Yorker saves the life of little girl" The man says: - "But I am not a New Yorker!" "Oh ,then it will say in newspapers in the morning: 'Brave American saves life of little girl'" the policeman answers. "But I am not an American!" says the man. "Oh, what are you then? " The man says: - "I am a Saudi !" The next day the newspapers says: "Islamic extremist kills innocent American dog.

LOL

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 17:06

You know, you may not notice it but some of your choice of words might be considered very offensive to some poeple

Tell me how im being offensive?

Edited by Loknar - 18-Sep-2006 at 17:09
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 17:21
Originally posted by The Guardian

You know that is very clever and un-prejudiced to generalise muslims that way..keep up the good work

doesnt matter, the facts are that when bin Laden bombed WTC majority of muslims were happy. Maybe not all of them went out on the streets showing their enthusiasms but even in private talk some of them were saying that Americans got what they deserved. I know because i talked to some. In general first they were saying that are against terrorism but next were adding that Americans were asking for such punishment.

In Great Britain local muslims, not foreigners murdered in London tens of innocent people. In Madrid died hundrieds.

It is clash of civilisations and sooner or later it will result in much more violent conflict. Maybe not soon because islamic fanatics dont feel strong enough yet but if they get chance they will try to kill all of us. Call it generalisation if you want but you cant deny facts that if they had atomics they would have already nuked most of us.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 17:36
Originally posted by Mosquito

doesnt matter, the facts are that when bin Laden bombed WTC majority of muslims were happy. Maybe not all of them went out on the streets showing their enthusiasms but even in private talk some of them were saying that Americans got what they deserved. I know because i talked to some. In general first they were saying that are against terrorism but next were adding that Americans were asking for such punishment.

How in Earth can you know that the majority of the muslims were happy just by talking a few around ? Your ignorance level goes even beyond by calling it a fact.

Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 17:49

Majority or minority. Doesnt matter. There are muslim citisens in western countries who are ready to murder us if they will get chance. This is fact.
They already murdered hundrieds innocent people in GB and Spain. They will kill more, its only matter of time.

Make up your mind please. First you call it majority and describe it as a fact. A minute later you are telling it does not matter. Excuse me but it matters for an intelligent discussion.

Yes, these God damn terrorists murdered hundreds and maybe thousands which we do not know about. But they are terrorists. Any intelligent soul, without a religion or not, fight against them.
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 18:06

I stay away from commenting the state of your mind so dont comment mine. It really doesnt make you looking more intelligent.

I was commenting on what you wrote, not your state of mind. If you call something is black for sure and then say it maybe white, anybody can question your comment (not your state of mind).

Noone can count how many muslims support terror and noone will. Even if only 10 % of them support terrorists it means that bin Laden got at least 150 millions of enthusiasts. But im afraid that there is much more than 10% of them who would like to finish all of us.

How are you getting to these imaginary statistics ? 150 million people supporting an idiot murderer and you are afraid it maybe more? Interesting. I have no more comment.

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 18:07

Originally posted by Scorpius

Majority or minority. Doesnt matter. There are muslim citisens in western countries who are ready to murder us if they will get chance. This is fact.
They already murdered hundrieds innocent people in GB and Spain. They will kill more, its only matter of time.

Make up your mind please. First you call it majority and describe it as a fact. A minute later you are telling it does not matter. Excuse me but it matters for an intelligent discussion.

Yes, these God damn terrorists murdered hundreds and maybe thousands which we do not know about. But they are terrorists. Any intelligent soul, without a religion or not, fight against them.

I stay away from commenting the state of your mind so dont comment mine. It really doesnt make you looking more intelligent.

They are muslim fanatics and terrorist. Not just terrorists. They dont even fight for freedom or somthing that is achievable. They fight only to kill us in the name of their God and Muhammad.

Noone can count how many muslims support terror and noone will. Even if only 10 % of them support terrorists it means that bin Laden got at least 150 millions of enthusiasts. But im afraid that there is much more than 10% of them who would like to finish all of us.

I believe you have the gist of contemporary Islam, Mosquito.

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 18:21
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

If the Pope does not "prostrate himself before a Muslim cleric to learn about Islam," the Islamists will probably find a nun to behead.  

they already murdered one yesterday. Maybe not beheaded but shot. It was Italian nun working in hospital.

The brave lions of Jihad murderd 70 years old nun shooting in her back to revange the pope's insult.

Edited by Mosquito - 18-Sep-2006 at 18:26
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 18:37

No Scorpius. Im only commenting facts. And facts are that after attack on WTC the streets in many big muslim cities were crowded by enthusiastic people. And it is also a fact that there are people who are ready to murder their countrymen and neighbours only because are muslim. The fact is that if you criticise Islam, you can be murdered (Theo van Gogh). If someone in your country will do somthing what fanatics can consider as insult, they will murder your countrymen and burn your embassy. If leader of other religion will say somthing what they understand as insult, they will burn temples.
And now for the best part: terrorist only make terrorists attack. All the other acts of violence are commited but normal faifhull muslim people. They burn embassies and temples, they kill westerners on the streets of their cities when get angry.

Normal faithful Muslim people are like me Mosquito. It is obvious that the ones you are describing are not normal. Generalizing people by attaching common behaviors to them is not good as you are doing now. What amazes me is that you are calling them the majority.

After the attack on WTC, billions of people prayed after our lost including the muslims for sure.

Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 18:45

they already murdered one yesterday. Maybe not beheaded but shot. It was Italian nun working in hospital.

The brave lions of Jihad murderd 70 years old nun shooting in her back to revange the pope's insult.

Then he deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his unworthy life. It is that simple. God rest her soul.

The complex part of the solution is how we can identify the feeding parties of these murderous people. As a believer and a Muslim, I am telling you, according to Quran, that bastard is directly going to Hell. But the problem is that bastard was thinking the otherwise. Which in turn means, there are groups, powers that are feeding people like him with bullsh*t. They must be identified. This is my humble opinion.

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 19:01
Originally posted by Pikeshot1600

Don't worry about it.  If they can't take it, screw 'em.

We have far too many people around here offending the West, the United States and Christianity.  If they don't like it, let 'em piss up a rope.

Clap

Now, I don't mean to offened anyone, but sometimes I think Muslims are just waiting for a fight. They will protest and burn flags over the most dumbest things, such as the Cartoons published in the Danish magazine. Again, I don't mean to offened anyone, it's just my opinion.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 19:08

As a believer and a Muslim......

Well Scorpius, it wasnt my intention in offend you and I hope that i didnt.
I always had great respect for Islam. It is just last few years since I started to change my mind.
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 19:31

As a believer and a Muslim......

Well Scorpius, it wasnt my intention in offend you and I hope that i didnt.
I always had great respect for Islam. It is just last few years since I started to change my mind.

Thanks for your kind words Mosquito and don't worry, I am not offended at all. I just felt sorry that because of some evil people who call themselves Muslims (and they are not), whole population of Muslims are identified as violent, unstable, murderous fanatics.

And I fear the idea of growing opinions of this kind. Not long time ago, I was in Washington for business and at my spare time I said to myself, let's visit some museums. In one of the museums I was visiting, a security officer realized that I am a Muslim (because I carry a small Quran with me in my backpack), before that discovery, he was making jokes loudly to other people but after realizing I am a Muslim, he lowered his voice almost to a level of weak whisper, checked around and said welcome to the Washington, I am a Muslim, too. I felt like the Jews of World War II.

I hope you understand me, too. That is what I am afraid of ...   

Edit: HTML

Edited by Scorpius - 18-Sep-2006 at 19:37
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 19:46

Thanks for your kind words Mosquito and don't worry, I am not offended at all. I just felt sorry that because of some evil people who call themselves Muslims (and they are not), whole population of Muslims are identified as violent, unstable, murderous fanatics.

And I fear the idea of growing opinions of this kind. Not long time ago, I was in Washington for business and at my spare time I said to myself, let's visit some museums. In one of the museums I was visiting, a security officer realized that I am a Muslim (because I carry a small Quran with me in my backpack), before that discovery, he was making jokes loudly to other people but after realizing I am a Muslim, he lowered his voice almost to a level of weak whisper, checked around and said welcome to the Washington, I am a Muslim, too. I felt like the Jews of World War II.

I hope you understand me, too. That is what I am afraid of ...   

Its terrible to hear such things. Im Polish and in my country for centuries we had multireligious society. In old Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania were catholics and protestants, muslims and jews, armenians and orthodox christians but we have never had any religious wars. Everyone was living in peace with members of other religions and in time of religious wars in Europe we were proud of our tollerance.

But nowadays I slowly become a jacobine in the french fashion and i adopt similar vievs on religions and ways how people demonstrate their beliefs.
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 03:41
Sometimes I feel that people already go into something with a biased state of mind. For instance if you are a Muslim, or even if you arent and youve heard of the Popes speech from someone who was offended, dont go into it thinking that you yourself obviously have to be offended as well. Here is an opinion from a Muslim on the speech:

I dont blame Muslims for being offended at some direct things that people may say. After all how can you help being "offended", its an emotion. For some, its difficult to be offended. Stuff just seems to role off their back. What I do have a problem with is the fact that some of these Muslims think that because a certain people have said or drawn derogatory words or caricatures about their faith that that is a pass for them to kill said people.
In my personal opinion I think these fanatics take passages from the Koran out of context and apply it to todays world, thats probably their justification. Which I would think Muslims today would probably disagree with, just my opinion tho.

Edited by arch.buff - 19-Sep-2006 at 03:43
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 04:02

I liked this pope when he was playing Stanley Roper in Three's Company.

http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 04:08
The root cause is that muslims are fanatical about their belief. they are taught that everything that is written is good, all else is evil. They are taught that kuran is the best book in the world & is the only truth in the world. They are taught that they are the only belivers, all else are infidels.

If their system of education changes, they will become more like others. Like Jinna the founder of pak for example, he always spoke for the muslims, but himself was fully westernised, drank liquor & ate Port.

There is this hisoty of the great library at Alexandria being burnt down, the reason Kuran is the only truth / good book in this world. The reasoning given by the invaders muslims for destroying all this knowledge was that whatever is not mentioned in kuran doesnt deserve to survive. And any book containing things mentioned in kuran or agreeing with it also need not survive since kuran has all that information !!!
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>