Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English Premiership Football..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English Premiership Football..
    Posted: 26-Apr-2008 at 17:32
Man...... it sucks.  I think that game is pay per view in U.S.    Fox Soccer Channel is showing Tottenham vs Bolton right now.  Wigan vs Reading right after this.  Setanta isn't even showing a football game, but Heineken Cup Rugby, London Irish vs Toulouse.  Gol TV is showing Hamburg vs Schalke, which I'm watching right now.  I got 3 football channels and none of them are showing Man U vs Chelsea.Angry  I really hope that Football doesn't turn into Boxing, like all the major matches are on pay per view.  PPV killed Boxing, well at least in U.S.  Although, I don't think anything can kill football.  Even after human race has extincted in the future, we would have taught some alien race how to play football.Cheers  
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2008 at 22:38
Congrats AoO!!!!!Cheers

Just saw the highlight. 

Man U's lineup didn't make much sense to me.  That lineup is alright for like Carling Cup 2nd round, but not for the most important game in EPL.  Man U only needed a tie and clearly that was what they were going for.  Even then that lineup wasn't particularly a good  defensive lineup.  Both team were saving few players for midweek the Champs League matchup.  Of course Lampard was missing due his mother's death, but they also rested Makalele.  That's huge.  Winning the most important game of the season against Man U at home is great, of course, but to do it without Lampard and Makalele is totally another level.  Man U didn't start C. Ronaldo, Tevez.  I understand resting the pretty boy, but if you want to play defensively, you should start Tevez and Park.  They both put a lot of pressure up front when the other team is trying to bring the ball out.  And of course both are capable of starting instant counter attack when the pressure creates a turn over.  Cmon, Fergie.   And then They brought in the pretty boy after the game was tied.  Why tried to steal the game when all they wanted was just a tie from the beginning?  
Joe Cole looked like one man racking ball crew in the first half, just ask Van der Sarr.   Loss of Vidic also compounded on their weak lineup.

Their next opponents West Ham and New Castle played against each other, 2:2 tie.  Geremi and Martins scored for New Castle.  What did I say about them?

Little off the track, I heard something about Cardiff earned a UEFA Cup bid by winning some domestic cup, FA Cup?  I think I saw Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink playing for them.

Hey, a question.  At the peak of their career, who's better, Hasselbaink or Drogba?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2008 at 23:29

Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Congrats AoO!!!!!  
Little off the track, I heard something about Cardiff earned a UEFA Cup bid by winning some domestic cup, FA Cup?  I think I saw Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink playing for them.

Hey, a question.  At the peak of their career, who's better, Hasselbaink or Drogba?

..many thanks KK!!!!bit tipsy at the moment so forgive any poor spelling!!!Cheers

.shame about the pay-per view troubles, I do not actually have Sky or access to digital tv in my home right now, so I go round friends houses or down the pub to watch the gamesit was a good match and I thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle..Chelsea were excellant in the first half and desreved their 1-0 lead..Chelsea pushed forward and played at a great pace, Utd were out-muscled and outplayed in the midfield, and as you have stated, it looked like Utd, by resting players with an eye on next week, were perhaps playing for the drawstill, Chelsea have got their 2nd round Champions League tie next week as well, so I guess it shows that a gamble will pay off, play the strongest team you have available and Mr Grant did just that, but then again, it had to really...the second half saw Utd come out with more interest and more urgency and it took a couple of goal line clearences from Ashley Cole and Sheva to keep us in it.Utd goal was a complete disaster and a combined mistake by Ferreira and CavalhoFerreira took a free kick too quickly and passed to an unsuspecting Ricardo who promptly tried to pass it back to Cech but gave it straight to Rooney instead!!!Disapprove.oh dear.nevertheless, despite Utd being more attacking, we still I think out played them and there was no controversy over the penalty for handball, it was a penalty and Ballack stuck it away nicely

Chelsea were guilty of squandering too many chances in the last 30 yards of attacking play, and Kalou was perhaps most guilty of this by playing good forward footbal but lacking the killer passes at the endmust admit our corner kicks and free-kicks were pretty terrible tootoo many were wasted by poor kicks which never even reached there inteded area, let alone the target playersneed to work on that I think Avram!!!.overall though, a splendid performance and a great result at any stage of the season.a good solid win for my team and now we have to hope that Utd drop the points and Chelsea do not!!!!..PrayingPrayingPraying....

..as for Cardiff, they have reached the final of the FA Cup which is yet to be played, the initial problem was that, being a Welsh team, they were not affiliated to the English football association and it was said that, if Cardiff were to win the final  they could not be entered into the UEFA cupI believe its all been settled though..heres a link that will spell it out a bit better than me right now!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/7350681.stm

as for Jimmy and Drogshard one to call.very similar players in style. Both physically strong, holding players with a powerful killer shot on goal..Drogs also makes for a good defender which Jimmy lacked, but I think Hasselbaink was a better worker off the ball and possessed a slightly better killer instinct in front of goaland perhaps a harder shot???.also think Didier is too ready to go down to ground, more so than Jimmy ever washowever, both seem to suffer from unnecessary tantrums when things dont quite go their way, maybe thats the inherent stropiness in most strikers who tend believe that they are gods gift to football!!!!!.still, if I had to choose, perhaps controversially, I would probably go for Hasselbaink.

..so, all the best for now KK.

..see you later over the next couple of weeks.AoO..

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2008 at 19:57

...oh well, for me it has been an anti-climatic day of Premiership football...my team Chelsea did not do as well as expected, but in all honesty, i did think it was going to be Utd's day.....its been a pretty good season though, given the change of manager early on in the campaign....still, now i can look forward to the 2008/09 season!!!!!!...and of course, the Champions League Final in Moscow...!!!!....but....but....

..i just cannot offer any congrats to Manure......its too in-bred to be polite!!!..we'll have the swines next year!!!!!....

..i would just like to say thanks very much for all those forum members who have contributed to this thread over the past footballing year, Cheers....and especially to King Kang of Mu who, without rival, has added so much insight and footballing analysis making this thread informative and a joy to follow........many, many thanks my friend and nicely done.....ClapClapClapClap.......Thumbs%20Up...

..so, until the next time...ta ta for now...

...AoO....
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2008 at 05:40
Thanks, AoOEmbarrassedCheers

It was indeed great season for both of them.  I do think Man U deserved to lift the trophy because they were most consistently good throughout the entire season.  Arsenal looked better first half of the season and Chelsea might have got hot streak towards the end, but Man U never really looked bad more than a game or two at a time and there weren't really that many to begin with. 

Anyway, it was still a great race last month or so.  That's why tie to Bolton leaves more bitter taste but it was still a great race and great season.  I mean how can you not remember a season that had games like wins over Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U in past several weeks?

I do agree that Avram earned his job this season.  We've talked about moving Essien to right back and how brilliant that was, but another thing I noticed that was better than Mourinho era was that how Ballack and Joe Cole has improved under Avram.  If you go back to the beginning of this thread you will find how Anti Joe Cole I was.  Many times his working range was stretched because of injuries in the central mids, but he worked hard at it and it shows.  Even his offense got better.

And Ballack!  I think he was their best player along with Essien in last 6-7 weeks.  Those were guys they couldn't get much production out of.  I mean you know what you gonna get out Drogba, Essien, Lampard, Makalele, Terry game in and game out.  In Mournho days, Ballack couldn't even play and Joe Cole was everything that was wrong with team.  Now they are big match winners.  OK, if I had all the money in the world and owned a football team, Joe Cole wouldn't my choice to entrust the job of giving the ball to Drogba, sure, but still......  

With current roster,  I still wanna see more of Shaun Wright Phillips and Ashley Cole running to the flag or dribbling diagonally into the box but it's hard to predict what will happen over the summer as far as the roster change goes.

Anyway it was great season and see you in the Champs League thread soon.

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 12-May-2008 at 05:43
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2008 at 00:38
Well, Arsenal trailed off unfortunately (god bless them). I really thought they'd stay for longer in the hunt. Although Manchester United are a good alternative to the Champions title. Hopefully Chelsea will win the Champions League.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 22:36
Originally posted by Fodhla

Well, Arsenal trailed off unfortunately (god bless them). I really thought they'd stay for longer in the hunt. Although Manchester United are a good alternative to the Champions title. Hopefully Chelsea will win the Champions League.

First half of the season they were the best team in EPL if not entire Europe.  I blame at injuries to Van Persie and Rosicky.  Well least that was the beginning of the ungluing.  It effected Fabregas and Hleb too.  But Arsenal still remains as one of my favorite team in entire Europe.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2008 at 10:15

.....latest rumour has it that Lampard has signed a four year deal with Inter Milan and will start next season when the 'special one' takes over at the managerial healm!!!!...all of this, has of course, been dismissed by Inter and Chelsea!!!..

..mind you, every pre-season since Uncle Roman took over emerges huge speculation to just about every top global player linking them with transfers to Chelsea, however, this i think, is the first time that so much rumour has persisted over players actually leaving the squad...????....still, Mancini is being linked with the managers job when Grant moves back into his 'Director of Football' role....!!!...what the hell does a  'Director of Football' do anyway.....???Confused

..AoO..
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 07:31
Hey, Good Luck tomorrow, AoO!  I'll say 2:1 Chelsea!  Either way I think it will be a great game.  Both know each other very well, both are pretty much in full strength and had  alot of time to prepare for this one.  One for the ages for English football for sure.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 10:34
...thanks very much King Kang.....

....the buzz is enormous right now, should be a great final and a brilliant event...

..i am going for 2-1 to Chelsea as well.......i am well excited, i am going to watch the game round a friends house, he has one of these huge plasma tv things so it should be good viewing!!!..there will be one or two Manure fans there as well, could be a tense eveningtongue!!!!

..fingers crossed then Praying....hope to be writing here soon with some good news....

..thanks again KK.....
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 14:43
Chelsea will win by 2 goals to 1 and Ballack will score all goals for the Chelski. And Germany will be European Champion in June.
Everything is going to be allright.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2008 at 04:27
It was soooooooooo close to to be 2:1 that all three of us had predicted.  Maybe they should have kept that artificial turd on.

I feel for you, AoO.  I hope you had enough alcoholic consumption for Oblivion.   Here is another one for you, brother.Cheers
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2008 at 10:56
....thanks very much KK, i am so, so disappointed even now, that i am, for once, speechless.....i don't have anything to sayUnhappy.....this one really, really, hurt......the passion of football eh??.....
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2008 at 22:06
Well, it looks like Avram Grant has been sacked...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345