Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pope's gaffe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pope's gaffe?
    Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 05:00
Im glad to see the Pope hasnt apologized. I dont believe anything he said was offensive. He was simply quoting someone else, his own words were in no way offensive. Again, in my opinion.

Here is some info on the subject...

Its kinda ironic though.......Pope quotes Byzantine Emperor "Islam spread by the sword", Muslim leaders and community angry. Days later theres a dead nun and five churches torched. It would seem the Pope inadvertently proved a point. At least I know a lot of people will see it this way. I personally dont, but why dont these people think before they act. They tell themselves "They think were violent??? Im outraged. I know lets use violence because were mad they think were violent!!!"

All my honest and righteous Muslim brothers let the world know you are united against these bearers of violence!!!!Clap Im sure with you!

Edited by arch.buff - 19-Sep-2006 at 05:03
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 06:00
Honestly I don't care about what the Pope or Bush or Howard or any of their ilk say. The only think that really pisses me off - and I usually have a very long fuse - is people actually believe it. People repeating their BS as if its fact and having thier opinions changed by openly racists biased media. Are people so stupid that they can't seperate a lie from a fact? You think that a nun dieing in somalia has anything to do with the pope? The place is in a civil war! People die, it probably has nothing to do with it.
You whinge while some vandals attack a church in palestine while at the very same time someone is attacking a mosque in america. 'Oh, but they don't represent americans their just a couple of idiots' That applies to the phillistines too!

Vivek, look up the history of the library of alexandria before commenting.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 06:23
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

You whinge while some vandals attack a church in palestine while at the very same time someone is attacking a mosque in america. 'Oh, but they don't represent americans their just a couple of idiots' That applies to the phillistines too!

Clap
You c people who lack the faculty to decipher problems for what they are, tend to generalize.

Edited by malizai_ - 19-Sep-2006 at 06:25
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 06:25
Originally posted by arch.buff

Im glad to see the Pope hasnt apologized. I dont believe anything he said was offensive. He was simply quoting someone else, his own words were in no way offensive. Again, in my opinion.

Here is some info on the subject...

Its kinda ironic though.......Pope quotes Byzantine Emperor "Islam spread by the sword", Muslim leaders and community angry. Days later theres a dead nun and five churches torched. It would seem the Pope inadvertently proved a point. At least I know a lot of people will see it this way. I personally dont, but why dont these people think before they act. They tell themselves "They think were violent??? Im outraged. I know lets use violence because were mad they think were violent!!!"

All my honest and righteous Muslim brothers let the world know you are united against these bearers of violence!!!!Clap Im sure with you!

Agree with you. Coincidentally the pope has been proved right.

Omar, this is what I knew of Alexandria,s burning, If I am wrong, I  admit it & request you to tell me the true story. I am not all knowing & all perfect.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 06:56

Honestly I don't care about what the Pope or Bush or Howard or any of their ilk say. The only think that really pisses me off - and I usually have a very long fuse - is people actually believe it. People repeating their BS as if its fact and having thier opinions changed by openly racists biased media. Are people so stupid that they can't seperate a lie from a fact? You think that a nun dieing in somalia has anything to do with the pope? The place is in a civil war! People die, it probably has nothing to do with it.

A number of Muslim leaders & officials demand an apology, thus making it public and well known to the Muslim world of this "offence" and you dont think any of the aggresion in the media is from this?? Some would call that being naive. Ive also never heard of anyone in America attacking a mosque with firebombs and machine guns and the like.....Confused(maybe after 9/11 but Ive never heard of such a case)
Anyways I can still see your point and I agree media has a lot do with global issues such as these.
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 07:04
Majority or minority. Doesnt matter. There are muslim citisens in western countries who are ready to murder us if they will get chance. This is fact.
They already murdered hundrieds innocent people in GB and Spain. They will kill more, its only matter of time.

Now that is interesting, In Turkey we also think, There are a lot european country that support pkk terrorism. Maybe we should also say, European people support kurdish terrorism? (It is their goverment who support PKK)So They are not better than El kaide?

I think we wont gain anything with that type of thinking.

Should we accuse all americans, brits and all countries(most of 50% of EU) which have soldier at iraq, with killing muslims?

If I am not wrong, your own country have soldier at iraq too.

So dont just count your own deaths.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 07:06

Honestly I don't care about what the Pope or Bush or Howard or any of their ilk say. The only think that really pisses me off - and I usually have a very long fuse - is people actually believe it. People repeating their BS as if its fact and having thier opinions changed by openly racists biased media.

I think you've gotten to the most fundamental roots of religion here.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 07:40
What the heck has gone on with a few of you? Mosquito and Pikeshot1600 especially. If you dont' like Islam, fine. If you don't care for moslems, fine. But when you generalize a few nuts into the whole than you have a a problem. A bigotry problem. When you have to compare size of genitalia you may have another kind of issue that I could care less about. If you want to continue discussing this thread like adults than act it.

Offensive posts have been removed.

The last page shows your ignorance. Informal warning given to both Pikeshot1600 and Mosquito. This matter is under review in which further reprimands may enuse.

Edited by Seko - 19-Sep-2006 at 08:12
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 10:14
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Coincidentally the pope has been proved right.

Well, coincidentally that was not the Pope's personal opinion, so exactly what do u mean by he has been proven right. LOL I think u might be referring to the Byzantine.

Anyhow, vivek u have just created GOD in ur own image. People see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear. It is very difficult to exorcise one's bias, believe me I know.

Edited by malizai_ - 19-Sep-2006 at 14:31
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 10:30

Honestly I don't care about what the Pope or Bush or Howard or any of
their ilk say. The only think that really pisses me off - and I usually
have a very long fuse - is people actually believe it. People repeating
their BS as if its fact and having thier opinions changed by openly
racists biased media. Are people so stupid that they can't seperate a
lie from a fact? You think that a nun dieing in somalia has anything to
do with the pope? The place is in a civil war! People die, it probably has nothing to do with it.
You whinge while some vandals attack a church in palestine while at the
very same time someone is attacking a mosque in america. 'Oh, but they
don't represent americans their just a couple of idiots' That applies
to the phillistines too!

Although I pray that this terrible incident was an isolated one, you cannot throw aside the possibility that it did occur because of the Pope's words. This incident occured shortly after a muslim cleric in Somalia spread the word of the Pope's speech as being blasphemous and such

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 10:53
Although I pray that this terrible incident was an isolated one, you cannot throw aside the possibility that it did occur because of the Pope's words.

If I am not wrong, Somalian islamic party(whatever It is name), refused that attack, and said this type of attacks are against to islam.

So  If one guy goes mad because of pope attack his religion, and kill an innocent, It is guilt of that guy and pope.

Not muslims.

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 11:04
The pope repeats a quote which was factual. Islam was spread by the sword. The muslims didnt reach the atlantic by useing words did they? Personally, I dont see the big deal, religions spread like that in many places.

Anyway, the pope points out violence. SO what do muslims do? Kill a nun, torch some churches. It's so strange. If you point out the violence in Muslim countries what do they do? they go out and cut your head off, burn down your churches and rape your cat (as one forum member put it) ect. It is insane.

As to what happened in somalia. That place is a garbage dump. If i was a christian and i was not black african id not even go there. THey are barbarians as it stands who sail out in wooden canoes and fire RPGs that dont even work at cruise liners.

Wish the italians were still there? I sure do. THe place back in the 40s probably had a higher income per capita than it does today.

Interesting fact. The man runing Somalia (if you can say he is) was a former US Marine.

Edited by Loknar - 19-Sep-2006 at 11:05
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 11:09
Although I pray that this terrible incident was an isolated one, you cannot throw aside the possibility that it did occur because of the Pope's words.

Oh I see, so it is the Pope's fault now? What a bunch of appologetic bull s***.

Arent people responcible for their own actions? I cant believe people dont blame the dumbasses who kill over this, instead what do we do, we blame the Pope. After all, they are Muslims and this is just expected right?

Next time somebody insults you, just pull out a gun and kill them. Because after all, by this logic, they're just asking for it.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 13:40
Originally posted by Seko

What the heck has gone on with a few of you? Mosquito and Pikeshot1600 especially. If you dont' like Islam, fine. If you don't care for moslems, fine. But when you generalize a few nuts into the whole than you have a a problem. A bigotry problem. When you have to compare size of genitalia you may have another kind of issue that I could care less about. If you want to continue discussing this thread like adults than act it.

The last page shows your ignorance. Informal warning given to both Pikeshot1600 and Mosquito. This matter is under review in which further reprimands may enuse. 

This is your private opinion. I presented mine. The people who prepared bomb attacks in London were British citisens, this is fact, you like it or not, doesnt matter. Affcourse you can claim against the facts that terrorists who murdered those inconet people were not muslims and that they didnt do it for religious reasons. If it make you happy, its fine.

The position you hold in AE doesnt give you right to offend me and call me ingorant. When you are doing it, you are breaking AE rules.

I dont accept your warning. Especially if you take one of my posts out of context which you can find in all of them and when you do it in insulting manner.

Regards
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 13:47
Mosquito, ignorance is in the posts not the person.

Second it is part of my responsibility to lookover offensive posts. Especially after other forumers have made complaints. This is nothing personal.

Do not compare your violations with the topic subject. Try to make a mature debate without violating codes of conduct next time.

Edited by Seko - 19-Sep-2006 at 14:21
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 13:54

Don't get your shorts in a knot.  You should be a happy man.  Michigan beat Notre Dame. Wink

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 13:55

Mosquito, ignorance is in the posts not the person.

Second it is part of my responsibility to overlook offensive posts. Especially after other forumers have made complaints. This is nothing personal.

Do not compare your violations with the topic subject. Try to make a mature debate without violating codes of conduct next time.

Well its all about definition of word "offensive". Some people claim that were offended by words of Pope. Others were offended by denish cartoons (actually in that debate i was on muslim side). There were also such who were offended by Theo van Gogh so much that murdered him.

What about changing AE rules and introduce new law. I have a proposition which will cut this problem once and forever: 

Whoever say somthing what muslims can take as insult will be imidiatelly banned.

Edited by Mosquito - 19-Sep-2006 at 13:56
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 14:05
Mosquito don't make light of this. Your posts are on record. The mods could gladly go over them with you if you wish.

I personaly could handle any criticism you throw at muslims, especially since some of it is justified. But as a whole to generalize is a mistake. Which is what you have done. In fact I would have not paid much attention to your behavior had it not been for those previously mentioned complaints.

And by the way there is no rule about your last comment. Again, take my informal warning as a chance to reevaluate your own remarks. Thanks.

Edited by Seko - 19-Sep-2006 at 17:41
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 14:05
On the other hand Seko i understand your viev. You are an admin and it is your job to finish this type of discussions before they change into flame wars. I use my freedom of speech to present my viev as member and i dont have to think what consequences it will bring to AE.

But I wont post anything more about this to not make your job harder. For the sake of good relations between AE members and peace on the forum you guys can delete all my posts here. I agree.

Regards.

Edited by Mosquito - 19-Sep-2006 at 14:08
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 15:38
Pope made a mistake with his silly words. He should have been more carefull. He is a pope for god sake. Muslims reaction is off course tragically stupid and immature.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>