Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Login Irregularities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Login Irregularities
    Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 17:06
For some reason, I keep having to try logging in about ten times before it is successful.  This has been happening for the past few days.  I thought it might have to do with the fact that I recently upgraded my browser to Windows XP IE 7.  However, I went into my internet properties and settings and allowed cookies for AE and listed it under trusted sites.  But this did not work either.  I still have to try numerous times.  And I tried deleting the cookies too.  I keep receiving this error message:

Error: Un-Successful Login
Your login was un-successful due to a session tracking error.

Please ensure that cookies are enabled on your web browser and you are not hiding or masking your IP address.

Any help towards fixing this frustrating problem is greatly appreciated.  Thanks! Smile

-Byzantine Emperor-

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 19:01
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

For some reason, I keep having to try logging in about ten times before it is successful.  This has been happening for the past few days.  I thought it might have to do with the fact that I recently upgraded my browser to Windows XP IE 7.  However, I went into my internet properties and settings and allowed cookies for AE and listed it under trusted sites.  But this did not work either.  I still have to try numerous times.  And I tried deleting the cookies too.  I keep receiving this error message:

Error: Un-Successful Login
Your login was un-successful due to a session tracking error.

Please ensure that cookies are enabled on your web browser and you are not hiding or masking your IP address.

Any help towards fixing this frustrating problem is greatly appreciated.  Thanks! Smile

-Byzantine Emperor-

Did you try to create a new account and see how that works?

That could tell you whether its your settings or the forum causing it.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2007 at 00:24
Originally posted by Northman

Did you try to create a new account and see how that works?

That could tell you whether its your settings or the forum causing it.

I guess this could be done.  But I would think this method might be frowned upon because it creates extraneous memberships that just take up space.  Are there any suggestions about WE 7 that might be related to this problem?  I have allowed cookies and have put AE down as a "trusted site."  But perhaps there is something that I missed.

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2007 at 00:24
Try clearing your browser cache. That should solve the problem. I think the problem is in the browser and not in the user account. It sounds like the cookies used for the session aren't being properly set in the browser.

Also, if you're switching between http://www.allempires.com/forum and http://allempires.com/forum, that could cause problems.

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 22-Jan-2007 at 00:26
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2007 at 00:26
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

Try clearing your browser cache. That should solve the problem. I don't think making a new account will affect it.

Also, if you're switching between http://www.allempires.com/forum and http://allempires.com/forum, that could cause problems.

Thanks Imperator, I'll see if these things are contributing to the problem.

Post Reply Post Reply