Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Would a Matriarchy Look and Behave Like?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Would a Matriarchy Look and Behave Like?
    Posted: 08-Apr-2006 at 16:36

Power Corrupts, even women.

Politically realities and necessities wouldn't change, so I think no difference whatsoer.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2006 at 16:33
Look to Europe
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2006 at 16:30

How do you all think a female-dominated power structure would look and act like?  Would it possibly act exactly like a patriarchy because male and female gender roles are created by society anyway?

I really can't say much, I don't think it would be the inverse of a patriarchy just because it's run by females as opposed to males.  One thing I do think could happen would a greater durability of alliances and enmities.  I notice many men who get into arguments and fights and are able to forget about them almost instantaneously but many girls I know surprise me with how hard and how long they hold a grudge.

I'd especially like to see some of our female member's thoughts on this subject.

Member of IAEA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12