Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History comparisons! Othman and Macedonian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History comparisons! Othman and Macedonian
    Posted: 20-Feb-2011 at 21:46
Regardless of my inability to translate your English, I feel that your response above, was supporting of my posting?

Are am I incorrect?

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 18:33
I read this from your post about their activities in Athens!Nothing from this have not been described or published since today in history books here.Conflicts among Balkans countries with deeper study can be explained very precise.Balkans are still hostages of crusaders ancestors today and their "Holly Roman Emperor" title conquest!Lot of destructive wars on Balkans and World,i can explain by this.They believe all the rest are still their slaves?!?Last chapter of Balkans history have been classic criminal supported by government structures and people from banks.It was called transition.Something was forgotten:Democratic!?!Concerning this i found why after Empires nothing from original document have
left.All was burned or rewritten.Reason:Actors of crime not to be punished!?!Destiny of 99,999999% of all
documents for last 2200 years, was decided by existence of incriminating residual part.
  http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Otto
  What means "man" on Persian?The Persians just changed themselves,changing the names of the Empires.Muslim part created Ottoman Empire,rest of them medieval European countries.What does it
means "man" from Ottoman?

Edited by medenaywe - 06-Mar-2011 at 16:14
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 18:05
Dear medenaywe, perhaps you are not really familar with the actions of the Catalans, and other Spanish troops (the Navareese) in the Balkans during the times before and after the fall of Constantinople to the Latins?

But, from little bits and pieces, it has been brought to my awareness, that just such activity did take place! It's scope is not however known! As you might well know, these times are mostly considered as "dark ages!" I wonder why?

Well if you can assume that the breach of our "proto religions", that is Christianity, Islam, and Judiasm, only occured after the fall of Byzantium/Constantinople, and environs, then you might well get my drift/conclusions?

I will propose that the wars, we now refer to as wars of Royalty, from France, Germany, Spain, etc., were merely the wars of the various sects of of the "proto" Christian strains, and the "proto" Islamic strains, and the "Proto" Jude strains, etc.!

The term "Holy Roman Emperor" did not come from nothing! The idea of the perfect "king/holy man", is very old! Perhaps I should call it "Pope/King?"

Thus, in basically this same period begans the era of competing "Popes", "Popes" located in differing areas, etc., and Kings, constantantly moving from place to place!

All things considered it is all very strange and unique in the past! At least for most of the times!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 17:21
  We here on Balkans,out of Turkey, knew about Ottoman Empire:they were bad we were good.First think i always have told you about this was:All Balkans countries have history books with same events and persons,adopted for their personal usage and nationality.Ottomans  and their origin we must analyze until Byzantine Empire was still ruled!Asiatic people were used always like mercenaries by Byzantine as by Rome before!This chapter was described excellent  with Attila and his participation in all Roma's conflicts!?!Those soldiers had received lands for military service also.Hungary,Bulgaria,Turkey,Finland or part of their land was colonized as gift for this service.Bulgaria and Turkey were on road of migrations  from ancient times also.
Mongols and other Asiatic people were members of Byzantine Empire.Until conflict had not happened there!
Regular payments were not payed?Number of children with unknown fathers grown up?New religion got power from weakness of Byzantine social realities!?!Just like today caliph!

Edited by medenaywe - 08-Mar-2011 at 12:15
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 16:27
Medenaywe, did you miss my posting above?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2011 at 21:22
Actually, I feel very close to stating that "word play" is a basic step in understanding the past!

Historians have certainly made a mess of it by refering to one person as; "the Red", or "The Bald", or "the Chaste", or "the Wise", or "the Brave", or "The Conqueror", etc., whilst ignoring that other equally eminent men or women, were then and now referred to by merely another word meaning the same!

Just how many names describe "brave" or "chaste", or "Wise", or "red", etc.!

I personally have a great deal of trouble when I read the words of some respected historian, when he or she, does not go to the trouble to identify all of the possible names the subject might well have been known as in the past!

It is merely a form of cheating!

For example, just how many forms (and meanings) of the name "Otto" can you find?

Just what is the name "Otto" supposed to mean?

Search thru all of the above and then respond please!

Remember to mention all of the possible language possibilities?

Edited by opuslola - 18-Feb-2011 at 21:31
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2010 at 15:22
You all are close to something...but will not find solution in word play game...Alexander was idea for many of them after his death...But memory that they were once together, like a storytelling, have survived until today...Religion separated them...and made the enemies from same people once..Egypt and civilized life in this area, we know like cycle for at least 7000 years and more...But name of main doers in this  complex society is still unknown...In fact this is main history forgery and case of stolen identity of human entity in all Mediterranean area...Those  people  were  main actors in Iliada and Oddysy...And they were goat pharaons.They  migrated  all around  Mediterranean  sea...I prefer Mo...for Mohamed ..or Mo Ha Me Di...You have Di/Do/Da/De...All of them are good for making a logical sentence...Syllables were there homeland...until now,just trust me...
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2010 at 14:05
Re. Previous mention of Makka, and Mace as in Macedonia, etc.

Would it surprise any of you to know that the very name Muhammed" or "Mohammed", or "Mehmet", etc., has been written or translated as "MACHOMET?" That's correct "Mach-omet!" Please see;

http://books.google.com/books?id=z_WLwa-CsbIC&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=machomet&source=bl&ots=Od9f0iewFF&sig=8HeWAOZJcK7Dyh6rQVZ5h_0fNUM&hl=en&ei=ZIEbTb72IMT58Aa9qYGfDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDEQ6AEwBTgK#v=onepage&q=machomet&f=false

Regards,
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 17:42
In other words, my above post would tend to indicate that the Othmans / Ottomans had already occupied a rather large portion of Europe, before they began the "final solution!"

Byzant, was it appears, surrounded on all sides, but still held a strangle hold on E. to W. trade via the passage from one to another, a canal if you must! And with the occupation of part of this territory by certain Italian groups, such as the Venetians, Florenzians, Pisans, etc., they provided a choke point on sea trade across this area!

Did religious division actually cause the fall of Byzant to the Othman Empire?

Can anyone tell me how the correct term "Othmen" or "Othman" was converted to "Ottoman, Ottomen?"

I would surely like to know the answer, as well as a believable reason?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2010 at 08:59
It seeems that Byzant was also ignored by the Persians! Just why would the most narrow passage to Europe be ignored by both the Greeks and the Persians? Of course we are told that the Ottomans did not have to even consider being repulsed for many years, they were reportedly "invited" to cross into Europe by the Byzantines! And, during their attacks upon Byzant they were reportedly based in Adrianople / Hadrianople!

Please read this;

http://romeartlover.tripod.com/Edirne1.html

Edited by opuslola - 22-Jul-2010 at 09:31
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2010 at 04:14
Well a city had existed there for a considerable time before hand, it just suddenly got alot more important after Constantine.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2010 at 13:00
DW, wrote a while ago;

"How important was Byzantium as a city at that point when Alexander was trapsing by? Was it worthy of the effort? Its later greatness and importance dont neccessarily correlate to its prior existance."

Funny you should ask! We are actually led to believe that Constantine found this area almost naked in regards to ports, or cities, etc.! And, if we are to believe the early reports, his first choice, located somewhere near "Troy", was thrown out, and "Byzant" was his next, and final choice for his "Neo-Polis!"

But, just who am I to contradict the commonly agreed upon history?

Edited by opuslola - 22-Jul-2010 at 08:53
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2010 at 12:54
Don't be afraid Red Clay! If certain posters here, actually backslide in my direction, they will not be harmed!

Education, in any form, is still, EDUCATION!

If I provide some suggestions, or comments, or challenges to our currently accepted time-line, then you, as one secure in the confines of it, should "merely stay quiet" on the sidelines!

After all, all of the momentum is on your side!

Edited by opuslola - 20-Jul-2010 at 12:55
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 03:23
I would prefer to use the term "overwhelming quality strategy!"

Regards,
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 20:08
Originally posted by Carol

I am finding Ron extremely beneficial.   He stimulates me to question things, and this leads me to googling for more information, and than I learn things I didn't even know there was to learn.   For example, he brings up Macedonian which is about the greatness of Alexander, which makes me question his greatness, and this makes me question the greatness of Peter the Great as well, which leads to discovering something every interest about the Scots.  Now I am opening a thread about the Scots.  

Oh, I definitely agree that Ron can be stimulating, in a manner of speaking.Big smile Ron employs the "overwhelming quantity" strategy when posting.
However if you go back in the postings you'll see where most of the ideas come from.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 17:15
Thank you Carol, opening minds is my profession! Remember "A mind is a terrible thing to waste!"

Small connections exist most everywhere, connecting the dots of connections can sometims paint a picture!

Most don't get it or want it!

Hope you do?

Regards,
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 11:02
I am finding Ron extremely beneficial.   He stimulates me to question things, and this leads me to googling for more information, and than I learn things I didn't even know there was to learn.   For example, he brings up Macedonian which is about the greatness of Alexander, which makes me question his greatness, and this makes me question the greatness of Peter the Great as well, which leads to discovering something every interest about the Scots.  Now I am opening a thread about the Scots.  

Edited by Carol - 10-Jul-2010 at 11:07
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 10:55
LOL
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 10:54
Hey!  You 2 butt out.  Ron was doing fine, all by himself.Wink I just want to be around when he posts something he doesn't agree with.Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 10:48
How important was Byzantium as a city at that point when Alexander was trapsing by? Was it worthy of the effort? Its later greatness and importance dont neccessarily correlate to its prior existance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>