Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Discrepancies between the Bible and Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discrepancies between the Bible and Quran
    Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 08:44

Originally posted by Constantine XI

Hm, that was a little harsh of me, I was just being flippant. Personally I do not have much faith in those works as they were compiled in the name of men who were dead when they were written. Had Jesus or Mohammed actually sat down and dictated and edited such works I would take them more seriously, but they were written by disciples who are prone to lapses in memory and bias like every other human being ever born.

i dont know much about the Bible

but the Quran was written when Prophet Mohammed was alive.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 08:38
Have you considered that Muhammad may have discovered a superior source of information on these subjects and was in fact simply correcting mistakes in the Bible.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 07:57
Indeed, who cares of what the books contain, they are a bunch of science-fiction pieces in the first place. The main thing is to believe in God, not to compare Islam and Christianity, which are the one and the same religion, just in different cultural districts.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 06:33

i dont feel like to get into a detailed discussion about this, jut to point out that there are some misunderstanding in transilation there but then Who cares, Muslims are Muslims and christans are christans , many people from both sides are showing "how wrong " the other is. plus that i dont think you "the kid" up to a discussion since what you post is more likely a Copy/past job.

just as an example from the misunderstanding in transilation

the name "Aziz" was not the name of the man who bought Joseph it was his title and in that sentence it meant like a minister or something like that rank.

lol

Edited by azimuth
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 06:15
Hm, that was a little harsh of me, I was just being flippant. Personally I do not have much faith in those works as they were compiled in the name of men who were dead when they were written. Had Jesus or Mohammed actually sat down and dictated and edited such works I would take them more seriously, but they were written by disciples who are prone to lapses in memory and bias like every other human being ever born.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 06:12
Oh you mean those two books of murky origin written by a bunch of mysoginistic, homophobic, unworldy, socially outcast old goat herders..........

Yes I would expect such pieces of literature to have the occasional bit of inaccuracy. It's kind of like Hollywood, of dubious quality but they still manage to get their audience, even if it is done through threats of fire and brimstone.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 05:30
And what's your point here?

This obviously proves that muslims are always wrong, sheez, where have you been all your life

Note for the dimwitted, that was sarcasm.

Arrrgh!!"
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 04:52
Inaccurties of the bible in the Quran

And what's your point here?

It might be of course that Mohammed, after having done some extensive research, could improve on the historical accuracy of the bible. The book is not exactly known for the precision of its accounts of historical events.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 03:15
Perhaps translation problems.. 
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 03:08
  • Christians worship three gods: the Father, the Mother (Mary), and the Son (Jesus) (Sura 5:73-75, 116) Yusuf Ali's translation deliberately mistranslates Sura 5:73 by saying "They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity". The words "in a Trinity" are not in the Arabic text. The Aramic says, "Allah is the third of three".
  • Christians bow in prayer towards Jeruselem (Sura 2:144, 145)
  • Wine and sex in heaven (Sura 2:25; 4:57; 11:23; 47:15). Was this not Muhammad's desire?
  • It took eight days to create the earth. (Sura 41:9, 10, 12 -- 4+4+2=8 days). The Bible says six days. Other Suras say six days (7:51, 10:3)
  • One of the sons of Noah refused to go into the ark and was drowned in the flood (Sura 11:32-48). The Bible says all three went in.
  • The ark came to rest on Mount Judi (Sura 11:44). The Bible says it came to rest on Mount Ararat.
  • Abraham father's name was Azar (Sura 6:74). The Bible says it was Terah.
  • Abraham lived in the valley of Mecca (Sura 14:37). The Bible says he lived in Hebron.
  • Abraham went to sacrifice Ishmael (Sura 37:100-112). The Bible says it was Issac.
  • Abraham built the Kabah (Sura 2:125-127). The Bible does not say this.
  • Abraham was thrown into a fire [by Nimrod]. The tale of Abraham being delivered from Nimrod's fire came from the Jewish Midrash Rabbah and was incorporated into the Quran (see Suras 21:51-71; 37:97,98). It must be also pointed out that Nimrod and Abraham did not live at the same time. Muhammad was always mixing people together in the Quran who did not live at the same time. The Bible tells us Nimrod lived MANY CENTURIES BEFORE ABRAHAM--HE COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS.
  • Throughout the Quran--Nimrod and Abraham, Haman and Moses, Mary and Aaron, etc. were all pictured as living and working together. Moses and the flood are found together, the tower of Babel and Pharoh, etc. like they all happened at the same time.
  • Man who bought Joseph was named Aziz (Sura 12:21ff). The Bible says it was Potiphar.
  • Quran messes up numerous Bible people. Goliath becomes Jalut, Saul becomes Talut, Enoch Idris, John the Baptist Yahya, Jonah Yunus, etc. Because Muhammad had no Bible to read he frequently got the names and events all wrong--but then again, he was supposed to be a prophet!
  • Pharoh's wife adopted Moses (Sura 28:8, 9). Bible says it was Pharoh's daughter.
  •  

Edited by the kid
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123