Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do christian turks exists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do christian turks exists
    Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 11:25
Originally posted by Mortaza

Ok maybe Turkey is not secular enought, but atleast its not sheriat either.

Funny, but there are a lot church comes from ottomans and their sheriat..  So, pls be more objective. 

Turkey is not enough sheriat even.

For me Turkey is not enought secular.(Yeap better than other muslims but could be better than this) 

Otherwise how could you explain ''Diyanet İşleri Başkanlığı''(Religious Affairs Ministry). The state pays Sunni imams salaries with our taxes, but same state does not doing anything for Alevis, Jews and Christians. İs that secularism?
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 11:09

Funny, but there are a lot church comes from ottomans and their sheriat..  So, pls be more objective. 

Turkey is not enough sheriat even.
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote bleda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 11:09
Originally posted by Mortaza

and ın touristıc area for examples marmaris and fethiye lot of new church opened 

Offically, they are not churchs.

yes they are offiacally chuchs.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 11:04

To understand correctly, is it being suggested that Churches are not allowed to open in Turkey? or new churches are not allowed to be founded?

New churches.

and ın touristıc area for examples marmaris and fethiye lot of new church opened 

Offically, they are not churchs.
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote bleda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 11:01
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 11:01
Originally posted by karajoz

i lived in switzerland all my live

I think that explains your lack of knowledge about Turkey. And to those who try to understand Turkey through Karajoz's intellectual capacity: Turkey is a secular country, and she has proved this many times in the past. Always keep in mind that Turkey was the one that destroyed traditional Islamic political system, including Caliphate and the strongest medrassahs.

Just like the European working class that is Islamophobic, most of the Turkish mediveal agricultural class is Christianophobic, both of which are a shame, of course.
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote bleda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 11:00
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=308489

Churches in Turkey.some of old some new
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 10:36
Sic regio ergo religio

If I may say so... cool it just brings us back 350 years backward!
I am a free donkey!
Lord Ranulf View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Lord Ranulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 10:27
Whooooooooooooo thank goodness. I thought for a moement i'd have to get my Star of David arm band back out and put it on. Thank you Seko.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 10:25
To understand correctly, is it being suggested that Churches are not allowed to open in Turkey? or new churches are not allowed to be founded?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 10:23

i just want to bring forward that the christian minority in turkey stabed us in the back once,so no one can missjudge if we are a bit sceptic about armenians and other christ in the modern state of turkey

just to remind,if someone doesent know the history of turkey.
the armenians killed turks and claimed our land,after they saw ottomans losing the war,they hoped of help with russia back then.

kurdish and turkish corps could defiet them afterwards succesfully.

Star

What do we have here? A novice who insults whole communities and religions doing so with no conerns of the CoC. Read this or forever make your peace:  AE Code of Conduct & Terms of Use

Edited by Seko - 29-Mar-2007 at 10:29
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 10:11

its okey, i lived in switzerland all my live, turks cant open their own mosqus there either...so ... me personally... i dont want to see any churches in my country. this is turkey.
if you want go to a church go to greece or armenia...

Censored You are soo ignorant.

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 09:35

its okey, i lived in switzerland all my live, turks cant open their own mosqus there either...so ... me personally... i dont want to see any churches in my country. this is turkey.

So you believe that only the majority of a certain religion in a country is allowed to worship? As far as I know, Turkey is a secular state... But a state that only allows one religion is not very secular at all, is it...

Many churches in Turkey are older than the mosques... Are you suggesting these ancient buildings should be torn down because you do not like christians? Dont know about Switzerland, but in many countries churches and mosques are allowed side by side. Even in muslim states like Pakistan churches are allowed freely... why should the secular state of Turkey not allow them?

Edited by Aelfgifu - 29-Mar-2007 at 09:36

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
karajoz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote karajoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 03:31

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 03:26
They could not even burn a fire of their own if there is no Turks next to them :)

Be serious, they still cannot open their churchs.
karajoz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote karajoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 03:26
i just want to bring forward that the christian minority in turkey stabed us in the back once,so no one can missjudge if we are a bit sceptic about armenians and other christ in the modern state of turkey

just to remind,if someone doesent know the history of turkey.
the armenians killed turks and claimed our land,after they saw ottomans losing the war,they hoped of help with russia back then.

kurdish and turkish corps could defiet them afterwards succesfully.

Star
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 03:05
And dont forget Karamani 's guys. They were the Christian Turks of  Anatolia untill 1920s. All of them living in Greece now.
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 22:52
We - the Kemalists - are afraid of minorities ?

They could not even burn a fire of their own if there is no Turks next to them :)

Ridiculous statement .

- Yes , Magyars and Finnish people are Christian Hunnic brothers of ours .

Finnic Tartars are still living in Finland .
Gagauz ( Gokoguz ) people still live in Moldovo - Romania .
And they are Christianized .
There are also Judaist Turks ,living next to Caspian Sea .
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 07:38
Pacifist
You know what I find absurd? Secular people/kemalists are equally suspicious or afraid of Christian minorities/non-Muslims, as Islamists... it's a contradiction to their own beliefs.

Infact I find absurd that kemalist are more suspicious from christian minorities. Just compare akp and state(army and other state organizatıons). AKP is absolutely more liberal.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 07:26
many Yakuts are Orthodox Christians.  some Khakass and Altayans too, but not the extent like the Yakuts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>