Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

US hypocrisy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US hypocrisy
    Posted: 12-Dec-2005 at 23:22

Originally posted by strategos

The US, full of its ideas of democracy and freedom throughout the world, has been very hypocritacal at many times in its history, especially recently.

The US wants to spread peace throughout the Middle East but will BREAK ITS BACK for countries like Saudi Arabia and to some degree Kuwait.

The US supported the coup in the 1960's-1970's that overthrough the Government of Greece.

The fact that Lebanon still faces aggression from Israel which wants Syria to be treated as a pariah state; or that Iran and Syria are accused of possession of weapons of mass destruction while Israel is permitted to protect its arsenal of WMDs is all part of the hypocrisy that characterises US foreign policy.

It is very hypocritical for the US government to claim to promote democracy and freedom throughout the world yet when it comes to the nation of Cyprus expediency and a double standard takes precedence over the lofty ideals of liberty.

For a minute there I thought I was reading another editorializing bit of news from some CNN reporter!

Originally posted by Genghis

The U.S. is doing what it needs to, defending it's interests.  A country should do nothing else except that.

Excellent.  I agree with you.

Its not like this is all America does, to all you liberal do-gooders out there.  America bends over backwords and forks over way to much money and resources in charity and relief to the rest of the world.  It is never enough and all we get in return is a bunch of ungrateful and spiteful attacks through the world (inlcuding the US media) media.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2005 at 23:20

Wait, does the US have or had any involvment in Cyprus? I mean there might have been, but I haven't really heard about it. If not, how does that come to mind when their are other countries in the world that need help, one continent comes to mind, Africa. Which some US politicians have been pushing for to help parts of Africa.

Anyways, like said above, a country does whats best for it's own good, even if that means double standards. Sometimes if you practice what you preach, you just screw yourself in the end.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2005 at 22:48
The U.S. is doing what it needs to, defending it's interests.  A country should do nothing else except that.
Member of IAEA
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2005 at 22:12
The simple answer is that if some other nation were in the US's place, it would not be any better.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2005 at 22:05

The US, full of its ideas of democracy and freedom throughout the world, has been very hypocritacal at many times in its history, especially recently.

The US wants to spread peace throughout the Middle East but will BREAK ITS BACK for countries like Saudi Arabia and to some degree Kuwait.

The US supported the coup in the 1960's-1970's that overthrough the Government of Greece.

The fact that Lebanon still faces aggression from Israel which wants Syria to be treated as a pariah state; or that Iran and Syria are accused of possession of weapons of mass destruction while Israel is permitted to protect its arsenal of WMDs is all part of the hypocrisy that characterises US foreign policy.

It is very hypocritical for the US government to claim to promote democracy and freedom throughout the world yet when it comes to the nation of Cyprus expediency and a double standard takes precedence over the lofty ideals of liberty.

There are many other examples which can be talked about, but I guess this goes for many countries. But I expected the great nation of the US to start to live up to these ideas of freedom and democracy, and not bow down to hystaria and the "oil kingdoms."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234