Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For you religious nuts: Do babies have souls?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For you religious nuts: Do babies have souls?
    Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 17:36
That's a pretty good line Feanor. I will also agree to it. When has a large group of people ever been consistant anyway?
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 17:34
Religions are nothing but huge masses of inconsistency.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 17:06

So, we are traditionally led to believe that when we die we either go to heaven or hell or some such place... though in what state? As a consciousness?  Well, most cultists would contend that we would either descend or ascend in that state.  So what about babies?  They have no consciousness beyond that encompassing feeding, pooing, sleeping, feeding, pooing and sleeping.  Are they doomed to spend eternity in such a state? Without knowing wtf is going on... ever?

I once confounded a pair of Canadian missionaries with that question... so much so that they had to seek a higher councel from a more learned theologist. Ahan.

I believe Islam addresses this confoundment in the most satisfactory manner in that it simply says that the after-life is beyond our comprehension as human beings since our current mode is intended for life in this Earthly existence alone.  Clever retort or is that simply how it is?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345