Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asian football players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asian football players
    Posted: 18-Nov-2004 at 16:11
hey guys i was just looking around the net for azn football players and i know there is 1 from the cowboys his name is Dat nguyen and his viet. and im currently playin football for College Park and im azn and there are other azn players on the jv team.....yup 

Edited by x.x.x
maersk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote maersk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2004 at 21:14
theres a half japanese lineman playing on the kansas city chiefs, his name is scott fujita.
"behold, vajik, khan of the magyars, scourge of the pannonian plain!"
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2004 at 16:15

Hey Daigo,

Yeah, I just found out about Timmy Chang a few days ago because the Hawaii / Nevada game was on TV (they have division 2 games on TV apparently.)  If the stats you show are right, then may be this guy will make it =)  Wow, that'd be so cool.  Is he Chinese or Korean?

Peace,

Michael

10-12-2004

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2004 at 12:58
Originally posted by MengTzu

Hey Hansioux,

Was he a pro from Taiwan or is he from America?  Cuz you know like how Nomo and other pros played in Japan and Korea and stuff.

Peace,

Michael

8-30-2004

He wasn't really a pro when he came to the US.  Sure he played in the TML Naluwan League for half a year.  But that was just because Rockies was getting him through the TML.

Chen52 from Dodgers was not a pro when he came to the US.

Nor was Wang Jien-Ming from the Yankees.  That's why they all have to go through the minor leauge.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2004 at 10:04
Hi there. Japanese guy from Boston Here.

Yes, Dat Nguyen is awesome.

Have you guys heard about Tim Chang? He is a chinese-decent Quarterback who plays for University of Hawaii rainbow warriors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=105182

Ha has a career passing yards total of 14,179, the NCAA reccord is 15,031. he could break it this year.
He is a senior, do you think he can make NFL?

Go Asian Football Players!
TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 19:56

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133378

Dat Nguyen

plays for the Dallas Cowboys

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 03:51

Hey Hansioux,

Was he a pro from Taiwan or is he from America?  Cuz you know like how Nomo and other pros played in Japan and Korea and stuff.

Peace,

Michael

8-30-2004

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 03:30

Well, there were Asians in the Colorado Rockies.  Soon he will be back.  Tsou Jing-huei, my personal hero ^_^~ (After L of course)

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 01:16

Hey Catt,

I think I've read about Harpastum, but how certain are we that it existed?  And yeah, I was surprised that an Asian would be the MLB of, of all teams, Dallas.

Peace,

Michael

8-3-2004

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 00:23

wow, was about to mention Dat.. i couldnt remember his name. He was a very good linebacker at Texas A&M.. use to watch him knock heads off.

the ancients in Egypt,China and the streets of Rome played forms of soccer. Football today comes from the Roman game of Harpastum which used ball that actually had air in them.

Edited by Catt
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 00:00

Hey guys,

I was just watching the Titans / Cowboys game, there is a Vietnamese linebacker on Cowboys defense.  His name is Dat Nyugen, is that the guy?

Peace,

Michael

8-3-2004

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 20:56

Hey Gubukjanggoon,

Yeah, what the heck ARE you saying.  Lakers.  Pssh.  Just a cocky bastard and a fat ass, and now the fat ass is gone.  (Put on anti-flame suit.)

Peace,

Michael

8-30-2004

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 20:50
Lol, I never really got the point to football, plus I can never really seem to follow, I prefer basketball...Go Lakers...I mean...what the hell am I saying!
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 18:29

Hey Hansioux,

The 49ers and Raiders aren't doing so well right now, so you ain't missing much.  You're right about the amount of people you have to follow, and there are more and more from time to time.  But it's your favorite team that really matters anyway, right?

Peace,

Michael

8-30-2004

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 18:27

Hey Gubukjanggoon,

You infidel

Peace,

Michael

8-30-2004

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 18:26

Hey fastpawn,

"Shui Hu Chuan" is incidentally my favorite novel.  Notice I've said above that there are other cultures that also played some form of ball-kicking games.  But the direct ancestor of modern day soccer is British soccer -- this is the particular form of ball-kicking sport that actually became internationally popular.

Peace,

Michael

8-30-2004

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 14:01
There are actually paintings of the Chinese football.  It looked more like volleyball with played by foot.

Edited by hansioux
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 11:53
Lol, in response to your question Meng Tzu, Football doesn't really excite me, I'm not quite sure why.  I never really got into it, although I play it every once in a while with friends.
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 10:21
Football was quite popular in China in the Song Dynasty.

If anyone recalls, the Chief Villian of "Shui Hu Zhuan" (Water margin), Gao Qiu was so named because he was a very good footballer, and in fact won favor from the emperor because he was good at the game.
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 07:20

I followed NFL 49ers and the Raiders for a while.  But I've stopped after Steve YOung retired v_v

I just could never get in to the mind set of football.  Too many people to keep track of I guess.

Well, that's why there are so many domes being built for baseball.  In Japan Saporo, their baseball dome can actually also be turned into a football stadium.  Whenre the grass will be moved from the outdoor to the indoor.  Pretty cool.

Japanese thinks of some cool stuff.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>