Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCan Arabs and Turks Unite?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Arabs and Turks Unite?
    Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 20:07

closed until further notic.

Saka View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 19:01
Arabs hope not only to create an islamic world but also an arabian identity for all people in this hearth
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 18:17
Insulting and criticizing are two different things. I can be punished for insulting an ordinary citizen, nevermind Atatrk. If somebody critizes Atatrk or Turkish state (without insulting) in an appropriate way, I don't think he will/should be punished.

I know it is your opinion, yet, naming them traitors is not far from what Nazis did. Just propose anything different and you are a traitor!> deserve to be presecuted & even executed!!

This is not proposing something acceptable. This idea abolishes the Turkish state. Of course, it is treason.
Execution? There is no execution in Turkey.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 17:50

Originally posted by Bar

Well, you can criticize something you respect. And Turkish Republic is based on Atatrk's ideas. .

Let us get real. In our region, including my country and your country, there are consequences for insulting the "great founder"! as if he was a prophet or something.

In Turkey: Article 8 of the Anti-Terror Law, Article 142, dissemination of separatist propaganda, the Law to Protect Ataturk, No. 5816, discrediting Turkey's image abroad, and insulting the Turkish General National Assembly, the government, the ministries, and the state security forces. >>> all punished by prisons and fines. How can I then criticize Ataturk as a Turkish citizen?

and Islam respect all the elements of the 6 arrows, except Secularism. It contradicts with islam for sure. That topic was already discussed. No need to go over it again.

Originally posted by Bar

I think, any Turk who says that Turks and Arabs should unite under one Islamic State is a traitor to Republic of Turkey.

This is my opinion. .

I know it is your opinion, yet, naming them traitors is not far from what Nazis did. Just propose anything different and you are a traitor!> deserve to be presecuted & even executed!!

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 17:36
I think that is little too much. Almost fanatic. No wonder there are laws of imprisoning who critize him. Well, yes everbody needs to respect Ataturk the "savior" of turkey, however, that has nothing to do with the right to criticize him or the right to talk about unification. Unless Ataturk's enemies are your enemies and nothing change. Then why is turkey a friend of UK now? Didn't they fight each others?

Well, you can criticize something you respect. And Turkish Republic is based on Atatrk's ideas. Have you ever heard "6 arrows"? Islamic unification is against these ideas. So I think the Turkish people who want this unification are traitors. But I'm not sure if the Turkish courts will agree with me.

I think, any Turk who says that Turks and Arabs should unite under one Islamic State is a traitor to Republic of Turkey.

This is my opinion.

All the above is my opinion. I don't think suggesting Islamic unification is considered to be treason here.

This is about the laws in Turkey.

Edited by Barış
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 15:33

Originally posted by Bar

Every Turk must respect Atatrk and his ideas, since he is the savior and the founder of our republic.

All the above is my opinion. I don't think suggesting Islamic unification is considered to be treason here.

I think that is little too much. Almost fanatic. No wonder there are laws of imprisoning who critize him. Well, yes everbody needs to respect Ataturk the "savior" of turkey, however, that has nothing to do with the right to criticize him or the right to talk about unification. Unless Ataturk's enemies are your enemies and nothing change. Then why is turkey a friend of UK now? Didn't they fight each others? 

Originally posted by Bar

I think, any Turk who says that Turks and Arabs should unite under one Islamic State is a traitor to Republic of Turkey..

Originally posted by Bar

You are contradicting yourself again.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 15:07
You mean actually a traitor to Kemal Atatrk. Unless he owns the republic too.

He owns the republic? No, but he founded the republic. Every Turk must respect Atatrk and his ideas, since he is the savior and the founder of our republic.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 14:54

Originally posted by Bar

You mean actually a traitor to Kemal Atatrk. Unless he owns the republic too.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 14:53
"If you said one thing bad about Ataturk you are executed, yet say one bad thing about Allah you are considered mad."

What the .... is this?

Are you sure you know about Turkey?

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 14:47

I have nothing against Arabs or Islam, of course; but I just want to say that Arabs are Arabs and Turks are Turks. We are different. Religion is the only similarity (not always though, there are christian/atheist Arabs/Turks), and it is not enough for uniting.

And even if we really wanted to do so, we would fail, I won't bother listing the reasons...
ISLAMIC EMPIRE View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 03:34
yes i agree on that one heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
life it seems will fade away
drifting farther every day
all i gotta do is pray
nothing matters, no-one else
simply nothing more to give
there is nothing more for me
i need the end to set me free
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 17:20

Maybe it is better if the moderator closed the topic. It went in all directions and came back

I think we consumed its time and it does nothing but allow to new starter to jump in and criticize what we have already discussed earlier.

D.J. Kaufman
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 13:07

what a weird comment, who said Turks should be Arab. We are not talking about becoming arab.

Anyway they pretend to be european.

who? Turkey or Turkish people? second one dont look European culture much good.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 13:05
Originally posted by Saka

I do not contest that Islam still predominant force in Turkey, I never said Turks are aryans  BUT you can not forget the pre-arabian(Islamic) dominiation in Anatolia/Turkey!

Arabs and Turkish can not be unit just for religious pretex.

I mean Turks have lots of great heritage and they don t have to forget it . Mongolians, Hittites, Persians... influenced Turkey in many cultural aspect, and I do not think that Turks wish to be arab.Anyway they pretend to be european.

We never where or did want "wannabe", we always want be ourselfs, but to come on topic ill should say these times are the hardest times for the Muslim community, maybe later.

Saka View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 12:41

I do not contest that Islam still predominant force in Turkey, I never said Turks are aryans  BUT you can not forget the pre-arabian(Islamic) dominiation in Anatolia/Turkey!

Arabs and Turkish can not be unit just for religious pretex.

I mean Turks have lots of great heritage and they don t have to forget it . Mongolians, Hittites, Persians... influenced Turkey in many cultural aspect, and I do not think that Turks wish to be arab.Anyway they pretend to be european.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 11:31
Originally posted by Saka

Islam is just a little part of Turkish history.

Firstly Turks were Hittites, an indi-european(aryan) tribes in anatolia.

Then Turks were part of the Persian empire, Then Mongolians Then Arabian(Islam), Then Ottoman.

Turks have a pretty old mixt civilizations

Arabians have just an Islamic history and nothing before.

You definitely confuses stuff. First, Turks are not indo-Europeans. Second, so if a turk mixed with a Hittities it is one of their civilization, but if an Arab mixed with a Babylonians is not part of his structure?

Let me correct your History, as Turks mixed with other races, Islam still the predominant force. Same thing for Arabs and in fact, many other greater civilizations had their people intermarriages with Arabs. From the Sassanides to Babylonians, to the Coptic Egyptions, the Tunisian Carthaganes to some of the Romanized peopulation of North Africa and the greater Syria...etc

D.J. Kaufman
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 08:47
we are not aryan, are we?
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 08:38

dunno but you confuse some stuff i guess,

ever heard of abbasids and umayyads?

Saka View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 07:39
Originally posted by Attila2

Hi I am a new turk in the forum

and

I think this is the silliest question...

of course NO!

Turk is TURK

arab is ARAB

we speak turkish,arabs speak arabic

it would be a great disaster of cultural clash!

But a Turkic empire can be established,if the stupid government stops looking to the EU and turn their heads to Central Asia!

I completly agree with you, Turks are Turks, Arabs are Arabs because they share two different civilization.

Islam is just a little part of Turkish history.

Firstly Turks were Hittites, an indi-european(aryan) tribes in anatolia.

Then Turks were part of the Persian empire, Then Mongolians Then Arabian(Islam), Then Ottoman.

Turks have a pretty old mixt civilizations

Arabians have just an Islamic history and nothing before.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 03:49
Originally posted by AttilaGreywolf

I think this is the silliest question...

Not really a silly question. and if it was the silliest one, why did you bother yourself answering?

D.J. Kaufman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>