Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe "macedonians" in today`s republic of Macedonia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Poll Question: What are in fact the today`s "macedonians"?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [16.54%]
80 [60.15%]
25 [18.80%]
6 [4.51%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "macedonians" in today`s republic of Macedonia
    Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 10:44

Well, it`s interesting to me what are tinking the people from all over the world about the factical origins of the today`s "macedonians" in the republic of Macedonia.

My opinion is: in fact they are BULGARIANS. To define this more accurately i will say: they are bulgarian slavs.

And i want to challenge every people who thinks that in the world exist some evidence, that their origins are not bulgarian, to prove that in this thread/topik.

Edited by The Chargemaster
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 10:52
I believe they are a mix of many different national and ethnic groups that lived in the region of today's Republic of Macedonia. I would be very surprised if there is no ancient Macedonian, Illyrian, Albanian, Serbian, modern Greek, and so on among them.

However, the Slavic culture and language obviously became dominant in the region and any living remnants of ancient Macedonia that did exist on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia have been assimilated.

However, the idea they have only begun calling themselves Macedonians recently is flawed. Macedonia has countless relics in which they call themselves Macedonians - in old Bulgarian, of course.

So they are obviously not ancient Macedonians but I do believe when the Slavs arrived, they kept the name Macedonia and the national term Macedonians even as their culture, language, and race became dominant.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 10:56

I agree with Mila. It is simplistic to think of Macedonians as Bulgarian, Greek or Serb. They are an amalgam of many different ethnicities.

To justify their claims over Macedonia, Bulgarians usually use linguistic arguments to show that Macedonians are Bulgarians.

Serbians employ historical arguments that Macedonia was part of the Serbian empire before the Ottoman Empire invaded.

Greeks use arguments from Antiquity and the supposed "Greekness" of Alexander of Macedon to justify their hold of the province.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:06
Macedonia is a geographical term. The vast majority of those who live in the Greek part of Macedonia are Greeks, of those living in the FYROM part are Slavs and Albanians and of those living in the Bulgarian part are Bulgarian Slavs.
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:09

I vote the "others" . I agree with Mila. Also I want also to add some IF that possibly you can make more easyli what they are.

IF THE SIMPLISTIC AND UNPRESUASIVE RATIONALE OF HABITATION in Macedo­nia defines who is a Macedonian, then the two million inhabitants of South Serbia (now FYROM), Pirin (Bulgarian) Macedonia's inhabitants, and the three million inhabitants of Hellenic Macedonia are Macedonians, irrespec­tive of ethnicity. Within this framework, we can divide historic Macedo­nia's inhabitants into three groups: Greek-Macedonians, Slav-Macedonians, and Bulgar-Macedonians.

IF HABITATION is the criterion of Macedonianism, FYROM's "Macedonians" would also include Albanians, Serbs, Bulgarians, Vlachs, gypsies,Greeks and Muslims of nondescript ethnicity. The Greek-Macedonian group would include the indigenous Hellenic Macedonians and Greek-speaking people who emigrated to Macedonia from Asia Minor and Eastern Rumelia during the second and third decade of the twentieth century.

THEREFORE, if we use the word "Macedonians" for FYROM's inhab­itants only, as most anthropologists we must called them as Slav-macedonians(karakasidou, poulton e.t.c.) 

Edited by akritas
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:10

I came accross this site while searching for ethnicities of Macedonia:

http://dienekes.angeltowns.net/pictures/macedonia/

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:21

This essay bg_turk doesn't have  the Slavmacedonians!! Or mention them as Bulgars Christian

[Margaret M. Hasluck; G. M. Morant Biometrika, Vol. 21, No. 1/4. (Dec., 1929), pp. 322-336. ]

Isbul View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:33
I voted "Slavic people but not bulgarians".Even that the majority  of them had considered themselvs as bulgarians before 80 years, today they indentify themselvs as such no more, sadly.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:43
I think it's up to the inhabitants of the country themselves to determin their nationality. Bulgaria and Greece should stop interfering with that.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:55
It's not that they are Bulgarians but that Bulgarians are Macedonians. Wasn't their first capital Skopje?

I also think that due to the existence of a large Albanian group (about 25-30%), Macedonia must remain being a separate multiethnic state.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:00

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

I think it's up to the inhabitants of the country themselves to determin their nationality. Bulgaria and Greece should stop interfering with that.

Originally posted by Subotai

I voted "Slavic people but not bulgarians".Even that the majority  of them had considered themselvs as bulgarians before 80 years, today they indentify themselvs as such no more, sadly.

Dear Subotai and dear Mixcoatl,

in this thread, i don`t ask the people: How the today`s "macedonians" in the republic of Macedonia do consider themselves? In this thread, i`m asking for THE OPINIONS of the other users ABOUT THE TRUE ORIGINS of the today`s "macedonians" who are living in the republic of Macedonia.

The today`s "macedonians" are FREE to be such as they WANT...

Edited by The Chargemaster
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:03

Originally posted by Maju

It's not that they are Bulgarians but that Bulgarians are Macedonians. Wasn't their first capital Skopje?

No Skopje was never a Bulgarian capital. THe first Bulgarian capital was Pliska.

If there is any nation that Macedonians are closests to today, it is the Bulgarians - both linguistically and culturally.

Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:11

No doubt after the Turko-Russian war of 1878-79, and the Balkan wars (when most of the exile and massacres occured) 1912-1913, Most of Macedonia's (both Northern Macedonia and Greek Macedonia including Salonica) was Turkish.

After the Kummanova defeat and the total defeat in the First Balkan War, Turks in Uskub, Kavala, Drama, Rodop, Mustafapasha, Ishtip, Manastir and all over Macedonia and Kosova were either massacred, or exiled in those hard, dangerous winter conditions. According th the 1905 statistics of the Ottoman Empire, there lived 1 million Turks (just 495,000 around Salonica), 750,000 Albanians, 627,ooo Rumoi (including Serbs, Ulahs and Greeks), 575,000 Bulgarians, and 200,000 Jews, Armenians, Catholics and Protestants. Even the European statistics showed the number of Turks and Albanians around 1-1,5 million. And Justin McCarthy claism that the number of Muslims even reached 2 millions in total.

Before being shared between Greece, Serbia and Bulgaria, Macedonia was the center of Turkish population in Rumeli. The CUP was founded in Macedonia, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, was one of those Turks who were locals of Salonica once, a lot of famous Turkish literature figures including Mehmet Akif Ersoy, who was the poet of Turkish national anthem was from Kosova. And Uskub, just like Dimetoka, Manastir, Gmlcine, Salonica and others, was a Turkish city. A small Turkish society still live there, and Turkish culture is visible from the architecture to the tea, from the costums to the language. Turkish is still the second language of the region.

Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:17

They are macedonians, I have no idea about their true nature, so I will accept what they call themself as true.

RomiosArktos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:43
Originally posted by The Chargemaster

My opinion is: in fact they are BULGARIANS. To define this more accurately i will say: they are bulgarian slavs.

I agree with you.The slav population of this state is nothing else but Bulgarian.It was the Yugoslavia's policy that ''transformed'' these people from western Bulgarians into "Macedonians'' by ''serbianising''  their Bulgarian language.I wonder why Tito didn't transform them into ''Dardanians'' or ''Paeonians''.I think I know the answer
The region that today this state occupies is mostly Dardania not Macedonia.The Dardanians who were living in antiquity in that place were deadly opponents of the Macedonians.So here is an oxymorous scheme
If some people are really indigenous in the area occupied by this state are the Aromanians in my opinion who are the descendants of the latinised indigenous population.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:46

I think greeks are not to much honest about this.

They think, there are a lot greeks at Turkey, because we are living at ancient greek land.

But they dont accept there are a lot macedonians at ancient macedonian land.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:53

Originally posted by Bashibozuk

No doubt after the Turko-Russian war of 1878-79, and the Balkan wars (when most of the exile and massacres occured) 1912-1913, Most of Macedonia's (both Northern Macedonia and Greek Macedonia including Salonica) was Turkish.

What?! The turks were the biggest number of the macedonian citizens before the Russo-Turkish war and the Balkan wars?! Who will believe in this? I think, i cannot.

According th the 1905 statistics of the Ottoman Empire, there lived 1 million Turks (just 495,000 around Salonica), 750,000 Albanians, 627,ooo Rumoi (including Serbs, Ulahs and Greeks), 575,000 Bulgarians, and 200,000 Jews, Armenians, Catholics and Protestants. Even the European statistics showed the number of Turks and Albanians around 1-1,5 million.

Dear Bashibozuk, can you post some sources about this, but different than Justin McCarty? I think that the most of the other users can post sources with another statistics who are different than McCarty`s statistics.

Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:10

Who will believe in this? I think, i cannot

Only you believing or caring about how those Turks were massacred and slaughtered doesn't matter. Actually, young nationstates of the Balkans are busy with creating the evil Easterner myths and emposing it to their societies for the last 100-200 years, ignoring the fact that they comitted one of the greatest crimes of 20th century against humanity. Neither Milosevic cared about it, nor the once Bulgarian government, nor King Petar did. In fact, nobody cared about them. Why? Because offspring of Turk, shall be destroyed. For the sake of victorious Serbian race, and of course, homogenious demographics.

BTW, if you aren't satisfied with McCarthy, try L. Carl Brown's researches about Balkans and the Ottoman legacy.

Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:15

I agree with you.The slav population of this state is nothing else but Bulgarian.It was the Yugoslavia's policy that ''transformed'' these people from western Bulgarians into "Macedonians'' by ''serbianising''  their Bulgarian language.

That`s right! In fact the today`s "macedonian" people is BORN in 1944 year.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:17
Originally posted by The Chargemaster

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Originally posted by Subotai

Dear Subotai and dear Mixcoatl,

in this thread, i don`t ask the people: How the today`s "macedonians" in the republic of Macedonia do consider themselves? In this thread, i`m asking for THE OPINIONS of the other users ABOUT THE TRUE ORIGINS of the today`s "macedonians" who are living in the republic of Macedonia.

The today`s "macedonians" are FREE to be such as they WANT...

Well, according to the CIA fact book less than 1% are immigrants and the rest were born in Macedonia. So I guess 99% they originated in Macedenia.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>