Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 19:04

Chinese people flooded to Uyghur region, and many Uyghur families adoped the Chinese orphants or the kids given away by the Chinese beggars, and raised them as Uyghurs.

[/QUOTE]

what kind of chinese? could it be Tungan?

When was the famine? you siad 60s 20th. not sure what that is.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 21:56

They were mainly Han Chinese. Tungans came earlier, even before 20th century. Learn some history before you bla bla here.  

The big famine was from 1960 to 1963 after the Big Leap movement. I said 60s of 20th, not as you quoted. That means 60s of 20th century, it should be very clear from the context.

Either make a history or become a history.
Your_Overlord View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Your_Overlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 20:31
Originally posted by perdon

Originally posted by Your_Overlord

^
uzbeks look chinese b/c turks were originally mongoloid.  DNA evidence proves this.

some of you turks are delusional.  your ancestors would be ashamed if they knew how badly you all want to be a westerner

which DNA proves it ?

don't forget DNA also proves central asian has eauropean feature ?

dna samples from xiong nu tombs founded in china showed that the mtrna was 89% mongoloid.  so unless xiong-nu are not turk ancestors, then turks were originally mongoloid.  doesn't matter how much some turks want to be a westerner, history and science say no.
"All under heaven is one family"
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 01:57

'Chinese are Mongoloid, but distinct from the way Turks look'; right. That's what I was trying to say over and over; Central Asians are not like chinese people; but they're Mongoloid; now we've got some of them Caucaian too...

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
AydoluAtsiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote AydoluAtsiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 07:54

thats what i meant with my post when i said "i have yet to see an uzbek that looks chinese. just cause you are mongoloid doesnt mean you look chinese. some people see the difference i guess some dont. i was showing a friend of mine pics from kazakstan cause hopefully i get to visit a friend there soon, and she said "oh so kazaks look just like thai people." i personally dont think they look thai at all. i know that the ancient turks looked mongoloid. i certainly dont believe the ancient turks came from europe or the middle east or that they always looked european since ancient times and that the asian turks of today only look the way they do because of the mongol invasions. however i am not saying that other non mongoloid people in ancient times couldnt have been turkefied either.

Trk duygusu her Trkye en tatl kmzdr;
Trk lks candan da aziz bayramzdr...
Darbeyle gnllerde yatan lk silinmez!
Atsz yere dmekle bu bayrak yere inmez!...
Your_Overlord View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Your_Overlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 20:32
Originally posted by AydoluAtsiz

thats what i meant with my post when i said "i have yet to see an uzbek that looks chinese. just cause you are mongoloid doesnt mean you look chinese. some people see the difference i guess some dont. i was showing a friend of mine pics from kazakstan cause hopefully i get to visit a friend there soon, and she said "oh so kazaks look just like thai people." i personally dont think they look thai at all. i know that the ancient turks looked mongoloid. i certainly dont believe the ancient turks came from europe or the middle east or that they always looked european since ancient times and that the asian turks of today only look the way they do because of the mongol invasions. however i am not saying that other non mongoloid people in ancient times couldnt have been turkefied either.

thats actually what i meant too. sorry if i have caused any confusion
"All under heaven is one family"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 21:10

I'm not very knowledgable about other Turkic regions, but have fairly good information about Idel/Ural Tatars.

Until about 1300 Tatars were called Bulgars, they accepted Islam religion about 1000 years ago.  Russians become Christians even later than that.

There was nothing to stop intermarriage between Bulgars and Russians before that.  Both groups were Pagans.  Bulgar women marrying Russians became Russians and  Russian girls marrying Bulgars became Bulgars.

Therefore, today there are many Russians who look like Tatars, and Tatars who look like Slavs.

Turks call themselves Turks by their feelings not by the percentage of Turkish blood they have in their veines or their looks.

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 21:28

Meet Ren Tianye, a famous Chinese actor whose grandfather was Kazak.

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 10:46
Poirot im looking for famous chinese actor who did play a movie with jet lee about Qin dynasty. Cant remember his name, a guy told me he whas kyrgyz-uygur from origin.
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 12:51
Tony Leung? I dobut it.  Could be Donny forgot his surname.
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 12:53
Originally posted by barbar

They were mainly Han Chinese. Tungans came earlier, even before 20th century. Learn some history before you bla bla here.  

The big famine was from 1960 to 1963 after the Big Leap movement. I said 60s of 20th, not as you quoted. That means 60s of 20th century, it should be very clear from the context.

The Hans did not mixe with anyone in the 60's of the 20th century becasue that's in the future. The 60's of the 20th century are as follow 2060, 2061,... 2069.  The 1960's belong to the 19th century, the 2060's belong to the 20th century. Moreover, you cannot write "60s of 20th" or "60's of 19th". Instead, it should be "the 60's of the 20th century", "60's of the 20th century". Makes sense.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 12:59

Some people from central asia say that they are of Hun lineage. And that Turks originated from Manchuria. They also say that Hun in Uiyghur could mean white. Is any of this true?

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 14:02

Originally posted by poirot

YES YES YES!!

it whas in the movie called Hero

Edited by DayI
Uyghur Oghli View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Uyghur Oghli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 17:58
Originally posted by ali.w

The Hans did not mixe with anyone in the 60's of the 20th century becasue that's in the future. The 60's of the 20th century are as follow 2060, 2061,... 2069.  The 1960's belong to the 19th century, the 2060's belong to the 20th century. Moreover, you cannot write "60s of 20th" or "60's of 19th". Instead, it should be "the 60's of the 20th century", "60's of the 20th century". Makes sense.

Ali,

Please read carefully the definition of the "Century" before posting such a nonsense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century

We're living in the 21st century since January 1st, 2000. Are you still living in the "20th" century? How old are you, man?!
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 21:20
Originally posted by ali.w

Oh my God!!!!! Now I regret I had argued with such an ignorant person like you. Please, at least finish your elementary school education first to learn the definition of century.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 21:28
Originally posted by DayI

YES YES YES!!

I think you mean Liang Chaowei, but I have no idea about his English name.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2005 at 04:51
Originally posted by barbar

Originally posted by DayI

YES YES YES!!

I think you mean Liang Chaowei, but I have no idea about his English name.

No, its Tony leung, find some pictures on google. Its him.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2005 at 10:09

Hongkong stars mostly have English names, and their last name is always pronounced according to Cantonese. Liang=Leung

I also checked, and it is true Liang Chaowei's English name is Tony Leung. So the same person.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2005 at 10:59
liang, leung= lion? sound similiar tough.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2005 at 12:21

Aydolu Atsiz and and Your_Over_load; Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Thais, Philipinnes, Indonesians, Mongols and some Turks are Mongoloid; but this does not mean they're alike. That was what we were talking about, huh?

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>