Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turks And Mongols

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turks And Mongols
    Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 15:07
That's three exchanges that belong in the Non-English forum. Take it over there guys. Thanks.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 01:55

Thanks for the reminder Seko; Sorry...

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 01:56
Well, Kuralas, I'm from Ashghabat. Take care...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 10:35
Anyway we are all BROTHERS...
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 10:45
Originally posted by BurakMertTurk

Anyway we are all BROTHERS...

Yeah, I agree. We humans are all brothers.
Bosniathebestcountry View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bosniathebestcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 23:35
Tata in my language means father.
ataman View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ataman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 03:52
Originally posted by mongol warrior

i think think there is enough common in mongolian and turkish tradition,

and lot of words are (have) same (meaning), ex : mongolian flower - tsetseg [spelling in turkish : ceceg] == turkish checheg [c,ec,eg] .. etc..

I wonder what 'tsetseg' or 'ceceg' or 'checheg' mean. I'm asking, because there is a kind of sabre called 'czeczuga' in Poland (Polish 'cz' is prounanced as 'ts'). This sabre has Tartar roots.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 06:42
Originally posted by ataman

Originally posted by mongol warrior

i think think there is enough common in mongolian and turkish tradition,

and lot of words are (have) same (meaning), ex : mongolian flower - tsetseg [spelling in turkish : ceceg] == turkish checheg [c,ec,eg] .. etc..

I wonder what 'tsetseg' or 'ceceg' or 'checheg' mean. I'm asking, because there is a kind of sabre called 'czeczuga' in Poland (Polish 'cz' is prounanced as 'ts'). This sabre has Tartar roots.

checheg, tsetseg, ceceg or in proper Turkish iek means flower,

what does czeczuga means?

ataman View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ataman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 11:08
Originally posted by DayI

checheg, tsetseg, ceceg or in proper Turkish iek means flower,

what does czeczuga means?

In Polish laguage, czeczuga (another version is 'czeczega') is the name of this sabre

http://www.atamankoszowy.webpark.pl/czeczuga.htm

Edited by ataman
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 13:50

All the Turkic world..doesnt matter what u call us..We have some blood..Also many European people carry our blood (What a barbaric idea)

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 14:36
Originally posted by BurakMertTurk

All the Turkic world..doesnt matter what u call us..We have some blood..Also many European people carry our blood (What a barbaric idea)

Oh no more pure blood crap please...
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 15:32

I agree!

Bosniathebestcountry View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bosniathebestcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 01:08

Yeah you fascists!

wait, who are we talking about....

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 11:48

Now, about those commom thing among Turks & Mongol, I'll say they're limited to (a lot of) words and that's it. You may rarely find verbs meaning the same way in both Turkic and Mongolian. Can anybody tell us more about that and if he has any information on the difference seen among Altaic verbs?

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 07:44
I think the photos that I posted before really show the difference between Mongols and Turks.And I also mentioned that I was grow up in a place where Uighurs,Khazaks,Mongols and Uzbeks live together( life stile of these people over there is very traditional,original),I stayed among these people for 25years.I have never felt any similerity between Mongols and Turks,both have its own unique culture,but they are different!! of course this difference smaller than from chinese,but still much. In addition,Mongols has different traditional festivals from Turks.As far as I have understood,all turks have a same new year festival every 21st. March,which called Nuruz(newruz).

Without quastion,the period of Chinggiz Khan,some Mongol people were assimilated by Some turkic tribes,this is due to the fact that when Mongols troups moved westward,they had left their family in Mongol uplands,when they reached Baltic sea,Mongol soldiers are very homesick.And most of them went back to their homeland.They left very few Mongol people per city or reagion as an adminstrator( you can have same description from the book---Chinggizkhan,by W.G.Yan).After some years they were assimilated by local people.e.g. the 11th descendant of Chinggiz khan----king Tughluq toemur  forced his about 200000 soldiers to convert their belief into islam,the kings tomb is located Ghulja city (in East Turkistan,Ili reagion),which is a big islamic tomb.More interesting thing is ,there is a village near my home,the people in there is called Sart-Mongol,Sart is here means Uighur.My grandfather told me that they are mixture people of Uighur and Mongol.
ALLAH gave us two books---Quran and Nature.        ---Jamaliddin Efghany
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 08:16
Why Tatar?
Personally I think the reason why they(Tatar)are called as a mongol tribe(?) name is same with Uzbeks.I mean the name Uzbek came from the king name--- Uzbek khan ,who ruled the the present Uzbekistan region at his period,afterwards the turkic people there called themselves as Uzbeks.

Here is another quastion,some people assume that Tatar tribes in Mongol troops are not Mongol but a Turkic,this is worth for further investigation.

Furthermore,when Mongol troops invaded westward,lots of Turkic and some other ethinic groops aslo joined in that army,more the distance from Mongol upland,more other people in Mongols army.E.g. When Mongol troops reached Uighur Khojo kingdom(840~1212?)(now Turfan reagion,Uighur people here called Tat by southern muslim Uighurs at that time)(in East Turkistan,also Xinjang in chinese)The Uighur king welcomed them,and Chinggiz khan called him as his fifth son,and his hole troops joined Chinggiz army,invaded another Uighur kingdom---Kharakhaniylar Dynasty(860~1225?)(Muslim Uighurs).Here quite same with expantion of Rom empire.So pretty much sure,its not a pure Mongol troops.

Conclusion:its reasonable that there are  Mongol features in some Turkic groops nowadays.
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 08:54
Originally posted by Tekir

Actually, Erkin Ekrem discovered that Chinese sources mention Quan Yi People in 2146 BC. They are not Turkic or Mongoloid. Probably it was before Altaic nations were seperated. So it may be the ancestor of both Turkics and Mongols.

First Mongoloid state is actually Dong Hu. First Turkic State is Xiong Nu. Both were existing in 2 BC.

I would say we can not depend much on the chinese historical resources,the reason is:
Nowdays even most chinese historians agree that there are lot of faked storyies,not true facts so to say,in historical chinese documents.Back to history,the historians were belong to palace(kingdom) ,with the exception of Si Ma Qian(who was punished by his king),so they were not used to write true event,if one chinese king is forced to pay tax to neighboring kingdom,the palace historians wrote down that as his king gave more presents to that neighbor king in order to show his kindness!!  This explanation comes from famous modern chinese historian Jian Bo Zen.you can check this from his historical papers if you know Chinese lang..

So there are much more uncertainty...

And there is a new theory about the origin of Uighur(Turk so to say).Pro.Dr. Abdushukur Muhemmedimin(1933~1995) introduced that the origin of Uighurs is Sak(sarmatian/synthian/sikif/saku),a steppy people originally from Black sea to Altay mountains( corresponding reference: Ancient Central Asia,Uighur version).His theory largerly depends on the various archaeologic facts and cultural consistancy over this reagion.so it seems much reasonable.

After all,its hard to say where is the real origin.But most Turkic folklore are telling its Altay reagion!! may be later,with development of science,we could have more reasonable answers!...

Edited by oghuzkb
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 09:20
links   

following two photos come from:
Margaret Oliphant ,The Atlas of The Ancient World,Simon & Schuster publication,1992

An ancient Scynthian(Sak) tomb have been found Altay reagion(belongs fifth century B.C.,look,the clothes and other features ,ornaments are quite similar with nowadays Turkic nomads!!

There are lot of Sak stone man or wumen sculeptures in my home town,which belongs around 4th century B.C.,i have some photos of them,i wil post later.

Edited by oghuzkb
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 09:31
sorry the photos arranged bit awkward,anyway you can see how beautiful is that,its 5th century B.C.!!! whatever who is the descendanct of them,these are the most fantastic art works of humanrace...
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 09:56
nice and interesting stuff you got oghuzkb thanks for sharing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>