Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leonardo Da Vinci half Arab?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leonardo Da Vinci half Arab?
    Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 19:23
This debate just does not make sense. Everybody knows all the fellows of the Mediterranean sea are relatives, including Italians, Iberians, Phoenicians, Turks, Palestineans, Arabs, Hebrews and Berbers.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 19:26

You forgot Hellens/Greeks.We are in the Mediterranean too you know.Tongue

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Lord Ranulf View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Lord Ranulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 19:35
And some damn fine scholars among all those groups indeed.Clap
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 00:40
Originally posted by Spartakus

You forgot Hellens/Greeks.We are in the Mediterranean too you know.Tongue

And Bosnians.

Yes, all are mixed.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 01:34
Originally posted by xi_tujue

Originally posted by Leonardo

Are the fingerprints inherited mathernally?

How strong is the correlation between fingerprints and ethnicities?

Confused

I think none because each fingerprint is unique.

and I never heard of a genetic pattern in Fingerpints(like you can tell from someones finger print of wich race he is)

From the link:
"Fingerprints are unique and don't change over a lifetime. Analysis of the skin's arches, loops and whorls a science known as dermatoglyphics has shown that there is a link between fingerprints and populations."
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 01:35
Originally posted by Kapikulu

I think we are sometimes going too far sarcastic and funny on some issues that are meant to be discussed.

By the way, welcome Sami O...

Thank you I'm glad to be here as I've been lurking around for months now.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 19:56

Seems kind of odd that they can extract a finger print from what I'm guessing is from a painting and get a good DNA sample. Wasn't their painting oil based and mixed with the white of an egg? I can't remember the contents all that well of the paints they used.

On the race of the Italians, I bookmarked a site by one of our fellow Italian members, I believe it was Leonardo. Anyways, here's what it sayd on Italians.
Originally posted by Arab mixture

]Another Y-chromosome marker that may have been spread to Europe by Phoenicians and Arabs is the subclade of haplogroup J labeled J*(xJ2) or Eu10. It originated in the southern part of the Fertile Crescent and is very common in Arabia and Palestine (Neolithic J2 or Eu9 is from the northern Fertile Crescent). Its frequencies are 0.9% in Northern Italy, 7.1% in Central Italy and 5.3% in Southern Italy (for a total of between 0.5% and 3.6% admixture). It's important to note that while Phoenician and Arab colonists undoubtedly carried Eu10, its expansion is dated to ~9000-6400 YBP and generally attributed to Neolithic migrations (Nebel et al. 2001). Therefore, levels of recent admixture may be even lower.
And what it says about Italians in the beginning.
"Italy, one of the most clearly demarcated geographical units in Europe, is a country of considerable racial variability. Although the Mediterranean race is strongly represented in it, Italy belongs only partially to the Mediterranean world, for much of it is more typically Alpine racial territory. ... The primary racial impulse of the early Neolithic, however, is known. This was the immigration of small Mediterraneans in great numbers, coming largely if not entirely by sea; these first food-producers were followed by more competent navigators, Atlanto-Mediterraneans, who settled chiefly in the north and in the islands, and Dinarics from the eastern Mediterranean in search of metal. Some of the Dinarics penetrated the Alpine Valleys while others settled in the Po Valley and in central Italy. The movement of highly cultured peoples from the east into Italy continued into historic times, and included the settlement of the Etruscans in Tuscany, and of the Greeks in Sicily and in the southern end of the peninsula.
Here's the Link to the Italian article, http://www.sitesled.com/members/racialreality/italians.html
And a link to the site so you could read other articles, http://www.sitesled.com/members/racialreality/

By the way, thanks for posting the site in another thread Leonardo. It's been a interesting read.

So, if this is true about Leonardo DaVinci, then odds are it probably is him due to the number of Italians not having Arab mixture.

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 25-Mar-2007 at 19:58
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12