Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why be Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why be Muslim
    Posted: 24-Oct-2010 at 11:46
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2010 at 17:29
Balochii, please let us know when the German wearing the funny hat converts?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2010 at 17:45
But the name of this thread is; "Why be Muslim", so I might suggest that the following might well be a good reason?

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=0861ff3eabea1ceb73e4

Enjoy!
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 11:04
Originally posted by opuslola

Balochii, please let us know when the German wearing the funny hat converts?

This is an argumentative statement that does nothing to increase our knowledge.   MySpace is a good place for comments like this.  The history forum is not. 

Edited by Athena - 25-Oct-2010 at 11:44
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 11:43
balochii, ah yes the war.  The following is from the link you gave us.

Before her awakening in Iran, she had been ‘sympathetic’ to Islam and has spent considerable time working in Palestine. ‘I was always impressed with the strength and comfort it gave,’ she said of the religion.

I am reminded of some college lectures I have about human rights, and how WWII created enough pressure for the protection of human rights, to finally get action.  One might say God works in strange ways.  9/11 sure got our attention, and the reaction has been different for different people.  But for sure, we are no longer ignoring Israel and Islam.  Obviously some associated Islam with terrorism and have been hateful towards all Muslims.  Some have intentionally looked for information to justify this position, and enjoy a degree of popularity by spreading the people pleasing "it us us against them".  Others have looked into the matter with a desire to understand cause and effect, and realize the problem created by Britain and Zionist wanting control of the region at the expense of Palestinians. 

Being attracted to Islam because of the strength and comfort it gives some people, is the same reason many were attracted to Christianity, especially when Rome was persecuting Christians.  Someone once said something like, a martyr is worth a thousand soldiers.  She was wanting a spiritual journey as many in our time want a spiritual  journey, and she saw how Islam is effecting people, and wanted that experience.  We get what we seek.  

Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 12:15
Originally posted by Cryptic

Originally posted by Athena

With history on my mind, I am very thankful in the west people can choose which religion they want to associate themselves with.  I think an increasing number of people are turning to Islam, because we have become decadent leaving them wonder if their lives have any sense of meaning and purpose.  A feeling can of like feeling lost at sea, and wanting some boundaries and direction and sense of belonging.  

I agree, there United States is undergoing socio political economic change and people are willing to try non traditional religions as a means to find a sense of religous meaning and group belonging.
Some parts of the muslim world are also undergoing soico political economic change.  There is a genuine interest in Christianity in Iran and amongst North African Berbers.

Though pre Christian European pagan religions have nothing to do with Islam, there is also a growing interest in celtic, norse and psuedo pagan "wiccan" religions in Great Britain and the United States.  The interest in these religions has the same cause as the interest in Islam.

We can always count on you for well informed statements.   You are so right there is a surge of increased interest in all spiritual paths.  Historically this does occur when a society is under going rapid change. 

The New Age is the promise of peace, high tech, and the end of tyranny.  Just proceeding it is chaos and a time of fools.  I am not sure about what I believe, but history gives us a great perspective.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 12:20
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It shows Bin Laden, Hassan Nasrallah, Ahmadinejad and other great Muslims have worked well, sometimes I think the best way can be to become a terrorist, if someone doesn't want to live under fear of terrorism!

For sure Cyrus, religion is good for war and war is good religion, but your view seems a little one sided.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 16:09
Athena, you wrote of my post concerning a certain German in a funny hat thusly;

"This is an argumentative statement that does nothing to increase our knowledge.   MySpace is a good place for comments like this. The history forum is not."

Well you are guaranteed your right to your opinion, but my post was meant to be humerous, and was just as argumentative as was the post about some unknown relative by marriage to Tony Blair!

Just what was of importance to that post? Who cares?

Do you?

If so, you need to watch more "soap operas!"

It is also funny how you seem to consider yourself able to see both sides of an opinion!

All opinions are required to be "one sided" or you really have "No opinion" at all!

And, I am sure that Cryptic really appreciates your words of comfort!

And I have yet to see you make any comment about this post of mine!

Thank you maam!, I mean "Senator!"

Edited by opuslola - 25-Oct-2010 at 16:14
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 16:28
Athena, you wrote a while ago these words;

"And it is my understanding the Koran is to be sung, rather than read. Music and numerical concepts being related. Possibly away of organizing thinking that has come advantages?"

Perhaps you have never heard the "Lords prayer" sung? Nor have you ever sung from any Baptist Hymnal etc.! Maybe you don't realize that most all of the Catholic songs, etc., in Latin, were also beautiful and would make people cry?

It all has meaning, and creating a hole in one's soul, and creating tears of both Joy and Sorrow, are but a small part of it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymnal

Even Opera is a part of our culture even though there are few English language operas! It seems that the Romance language is easier written and sung? But one cannot deny the beauty of the English language when one reads Chaucer or Shakespeare!

Edited by opuslola - 25-Oct-2010 at 16:31
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 22:52
opuslola why dont you join some racist forum, there are lots racist forums out there, you only hate muslims and islam because you can thats the only reason. there are muslim nutcases outhere no doubt, no one is denying it however to imply things like that all muslims are evil etc... is pure racism

islam is just like christianity as a religion, bible and quran are very similar books, i dont know if you are christian but you should listen to the pope and the vatican instead of right wings racists red necks in the US. The pope and the Vatican are trying to bridge the gap with muslim world and they are succeding because muslims are responding positively, majority of muslims are just normal people, they are not terrorists, but people like you here in the states are just so close minded, your mind is living in a cave and doesn't go out of that cave, nothing in this world is just black and white, nothing is pure evil and nothing is pure good, but your ignorant close mind would not understand this.

Athena, i got your private message and i fully agree

Edited by balochii - 25-Oct-2010 at 22:54
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 23:29
Hum, comparing ignorant red necks with terrorist Muslims, sounds like an interesting comparison.  I think you make a point by saying some wrong doing is done just because it can be done.  Your words make me think of the KKK and lenching Black men just because it could be done, and somehow it made some men feel good to do it.   I think you are right about the shared mentality of this kind of behavior.   Religion and several isms can be an excuse for some hostile behavior, and this seems part of our DNA. Religion can give a person a sense of purpose and belonging, or it can  activie opposition and hostility, when it separates us from them.   This is human behavior and also primate behavior, not necessarily White,  westren or Christian or Muslim behavior.

However, a freind e-mailed me that a Buddhist will never start a war.  I am afraid the religions that begin with a God who has favorites and orders his favorites to take land from others, carries a problem that Buddhism does not.  This would be all God of Abraham religions. 

Edited by Athena - 25-Oct-2010 at 23:54
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 07:46
Dear "balochii",

I am sorry you had to resort to ad hominem insults in your last post. You suggested that I only post at "racist" forums, which certainly seems to indicate that you are also calling me a racist!

But,that is rather a common form of retort from certain groups of people who tend to be more like fascists than anything else. But, I don't really consider you to be a fascist!

I don't know what set you off but it could not have been this site;

Or did you not look at it?
Regards,
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 10:46
Originally posted by Athena

However, a freind e-mailed me that a Buddhist will never start a war.  I am afraid the religions that begin with a God who has favorites and orders his favorites to take land from others, carries a problem that Buddhism does not.  This would be all God of Abraham religions. 

The  Japanese are Buddhists.  Emperor Hirohito was known to be a devote Buddhist who recited the Lotus Sutra every day.  And in contrast to popular imagery, Emperor Hirohito did support Japanese aggression in China and the later "Pacific War" with the U.S. .  His buddhism became more pacifist in orientation only when the war started to go badly, and then very badly for Japan.   
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 12:34
Originally posted by opuslola

Dear "balochii",

I am sorry you had to resort to ad hominem insults in your last post. You suggested that I only post at "racist" forums, which certainly seems to indicate that you are also calling me a racist!

But,that is rather a common form of retort from certain groups of people who tend to be more like fascists than anything else. But, I don't really consider you to be a fascist!

I don't know what set you off but it could not have been this site;

Or did you not look at it?
Regards,

who is he??? is the spokeman for the whole muslim world?? nobody has even heard of him in the muslim world. Again i stand by what i said you are nothing but a racist

Edited by balochii - 26-Oct-2010 at 16:07
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 13:29
Originally posted by balochii

who is he??? is the spokeman for the whole muslim world?? nobody has even heard of him in the muslim world. Again i stand by what i said you are nothing but a bigot and racist, go worship your redneck brothers

Believe me, people know what Opuslola's beliefs are (hes made them very clear in the past, and I mean, VERY clear) but its not use arguing with him. He'll only get you in trouble, although he consistently breaks forum rules.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 13:31
Opuslola, I have dial up and it takes too long to down load U tube.   I gather someone who may be a Muslim is expressing hostilty against the west?   I am not Christian, but I do have a good understanding of the anti Christ.  The anti Christ is manifest whenever people are divided and project all their evil into the other side.  Perhaps this is what the man in U tube is doing, but so is the person who put this on U tub and so are you.  All of you behaving in such a way as to manifest the  anti Christ.  

You watched Star Trek didn't you?  Remember the show where the Clayons were on the Enterprise and trying to kill Kirks crew, which was of course fighting back.  Spock figures out their is entity on board feeding off this fighting energy.  Kirk orders his crew to laugh at the absurdity of the angry words and accusations, and the entity is destroyed.  The insanity of the fighting stops. 

I can understand the reasoning of those countries that do not tolerate all freedom of speech.  We make ourselves part of the problem when we spead fear and hate.  I am not sure this should  be tolerated. 

It also needs to be pointed out name calling violates the universe rules

1.  We are respectful to all people, because we are respectful people.
2.  We protect the dignity of others.
3.  We act with integrity. 

I love the East Indian custom of putting the hands in the prayer position and bowing when meeting another.  It is good to look for God in everyone, and to nuture a sense of awe and reverence in ourselves.   To do otherwise makes a human look a baboon jumping and hooting and flailing its arm in the air, as though this will scare the other and makes him the top baboon.
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 14:10
In my opinion, people are driven to convert to Islam for the same reasons as others maybe driven to convert to Christianity, or bahai'ism, or Judaism...

I know many American blacks converted and still convert to Islam because its an escape from Christianity, a religion that was forced upon them as slaves and a religion which was used to justified slavery in the United States for several centuries. The Nation of Islam was simply a reaction as blacks became more empowered and wanted to decide their own religious views. (although the Nation Of Islam cannot really be associated with the Islam of the Middle East, from what I understand)

Likewise, many Muslims convert to Christianity as a reaction to the oppressive regimes within their own countries.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 26-Oct-2010 at 14:11
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 15:44
balochii, I am surprised by the hatred shown in you above response! Perhaps you should take a few deep breaths of free air and try to become someone with which anyone might well want to have some discouse?

However, vehement attacks might well attract the attention of our team of moderators?

Beware!
Regards,
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 15:48
Dear Athena, showing a speech reportedly by a high ranking Muslim before a conference of fellow Muslims, is not continuing "hate speech" but showing just how hateful the Muslim side can be! Certainly if one were to show me a site whereby I can see a Christian or American making a similar speech to a bunch of his/her fellow Christians, then I would like to see it!

Balochii is obviously too biased, and possibly too facist, and obviously too thin skinned, to see the difference!

Edited by opuslola - 26-Oct-2010 at 15:50
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 16:08
^ give me proof that this is a high ranking muslim???  call me whatever you want, i can clearly see you are so jealous inside because of fast growth of islam. Cry all you want, you can't do anything Cry LOL

Edited by balochii - 26-Oct-2010 at 16:12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>