Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beautiful Hmong/Miao people of !!China!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Hmongshaman View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beautiful Hmong/Miao people of !!China!!
    Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 16:08

yeah, it is hard to learn or see our people getting killed.... very sad...

Edited by Hmongshaman
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 17:44
i've heard that Hmong children are born with blonde hair and it darkens as they grew up, is there any truth to it?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 19:36
Hmong have gotten some terrible treatment at the hands of communist Vietnamese, so the US governemtn sponsored a large scale evacuation.  There are now very large Hmong communities in California, Chicago, and Massachusettes.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
King Chulalongkorn View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 19:43
Yes that is true, this is the one thing that our government in Bangkok is concerned about in Laos because of Laos's crackdown on Hmong 'freedom fighters'. Since Thailand has a strong say in Laos (considering we invest billions in their nation) we have some influence on the Lao's better treatment of Hmong groups.

Vietnam however is still persecuting them...
Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 21:57

yes, some hmong people do born with blonde hair, some stay blonde forever...but only a couple...I used to know a hmong boy born with red hair...even now he still have his natural red hair...some lengend say that Hmong are European descendent, but I dont know! My cousin son have natural blonde hair, his skin is even light brown like european descent....

it is weird.....

yes, even today, there are still some persecuting in Laos...there have been numerous attack in Laos... here is the website

http://www.factfinding.org

i feel sad, but i cant do anything...it is up to the American and United Nation....

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 17:11
wow very interesting, can you post a picture of a blonde Hmong, i'll look it up too.
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 13:06
well, i dont have a pic of blonde Hmong kid, but i do have a movie that show a little hmong girl with white hair....natural white blonde hair....i was like WOAH! the majority of Hmong have natural black hair but some are born with blonde, red or white hair....very strange...
Hmong is the beautiful people of Western China.
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:09

Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:10
 Miao Festival
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:15

Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:18

Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:22
WOAH
Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 05:33

beatiful, If possible, i would marry a miao woman.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 08:27
Hahaha yes they are beautiful, we have thousands of Hmong here in Thailand; unfortunately most of them are living in poor conditions. 
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 18:28
thank you... yes, some say Hmong people are beautiful... i believe every race is the same... Hmong Chinese is very beautiful.....
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 19:11

these are the Ge or Gejia, belong to the branches of MIAO people...

Don't ever called these Miao in front of their face. For the Gejia, they insisted that they are considered another ethnic...

they say that centuries ago, a high-ranking HAN soldier fell in love with a beautiful MIAO girl. But such marriage was unheard of and even disgraceful. it cost the title and position of his rank...

The lovers were forces to move away from the HAN and MIAO..

and their descendent as it said, became the Ge people...

today the design of Ge women's clothing resemble an a general's uniform and "armor" in honor of the man who sacrificed position for love  

Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 11:29

Really...that is truly interesting. Beautiful...truly.

Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 13:44

History

As early as the Qin and Han dynasties 2,000 years ago, the ancestors of the Miao people lived in the western part of present-day Hunan and the eastern part of present-day Guizhou. They were referred to as the Miaos in Chinese documents of the Tang and Song period (A.D. 618-1279).
    In the third century A.D., the ancestors of the Miaos went west to present-day northwest Guizhou and south Sichuan along the Wujiang River. In the fifth century, some Miao groups moved to east Sichuan and west Guizhou. In the ninth century, some were taken to Yunnan as captives. In the 16th century, some Miaos settled on Hainan Island. As a result of these large-scale migrations over many centuries the Miaos became widely dispersed.
    Such a wide distribution and the influence of different environments has resulted in marked differences in  dialect, names and clothes. Some Miao people from different areas have great difficulty in communicating with each other. Their art and festivals also differ between areas.

Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 14:13
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 14:21

for the picture above, those hmong children have reddish black hair.. my mom says that most hmong in vietnam have red or yellowish hair...

the black hmong in Vietnam have black hair but i dont know why the flower hmong in Vietnam have reddish brown hair....

i have dark pearl black hair, and most hmong have dark black hair.. but some children or hmong people have brown to sometime white blonde hair...

some theory conclude that we Hmong was once not called Hmong nor Miao.. we was called that after we have settle in China.. theory says that we hmong was once european.. as our people migrated to China, many of our people intermarried the black-hair people in China... like in biology, the study of genetic.. the black T gene are dominant, so maybe our gene was weak... meaning... most baby was born with black hair... as time go by... the two genes from both parent of the blonde little t connect with another little t, and when both gene are connect, a child is born with blonde hair...or maybe red or brown...

okay.. this is it... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>