Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beautiful Hmong/Miao people of !!China!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Hmongshaman View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beautiful Hmong/Miao people of !!China!!
    Posted: 04-May-2005 at 00:08

When I looked at the Chinese Hmong and Southeast Hmong, I see that there is a different.. because most Chinese Hmong looked clean and pretty because China is our homeland and they do not migrate nor travel, not like Southeast Hmong, who travel constantly in search of new farm land, this is because, Souteast Asia is not Hmong homeland... Most Vietnam, Laos and Thai Hmong are quite poor and live under poverty, they also live among other ethnics property which do not give the Hmong the right to feel free.. I felt very sad, but I cannot do anything....

As Hmong, the term "Hmong" in Hmong actually mean "Lucky"... the name which we called ourselves is lost, and the term Miao and Meo is used by Chinese and Southeast Asia.... Hmong are actually agriculture people, who take no order, who lived peacefully.... because, it is how we Hmong people are born... values and morals is very sacred to Hmong.. especially showing kindness and respect to other....

Hmong is the beautiful people of Western China.
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 00:16

these are the Hua Miao

the Reed Pipe is consider a sacred instrument... it is used in Wedding, Ceremony, Funeral, Song, and all kinds of Celebration... the Reed Pipe to the Hmong is consider a very very special and important instrument..

Lengend says, the God drop the Sword to the Han people, which the Sword represent strength, war and power.... and the God drop the Reedpipe to the Miao....which represent peace and love...

when you go to a Miao villages today in China, they will welcome you as a family and they even perform dances if you go at the right time....

Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 00:22

here is the site i discovered this book.... I never knew there was book record about the Miao/Hmong people...interesting..

http://www.ucalgary.ca/library/SpecColl/Chinese/trans.html

this book is a depiction of a minority people in Guizhou Province. In the Qing Dynasty, [1644-1911], quite a few such books appeared.They had various page numbers and different titles. Modern researchers generally refer to them as "One Hundred Miao Pictures" [Illustrated album of the Miao people in Guizhou].

Based on my preliminary investigation, this illustrated book might have been painted in the late Qing Dynasty. It depicts the lives, work, marriage, religion, clothing and customs of the Miao people at that time through paintings and poetry. The book contains rich material for research on Guizhou minority nationalities in the Qing Dynasty and provides important historical evidence of multiculturalism. Therefore, this book is valuable as an historical document. From what I know, there are over thirty copies of "One Hundred Miao Pictures" recorded in the world to date. They are all hand-painted, different from each other, and therefore each copy is seen as a unique copy. Of those thirty, more copies have illustrations accompanied by prose text rather than being accompanied by poetry..

sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:47
Vietnam and Lao threat Hmong people? Consider Hmong and Han are brothers I really don't know why Chinese government didn't send troop to help them.
King Chulalongkorn View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 18:32

LOLLLL!!! China has no right to send anything to south east asia. NEVER.

South East Asia is a region that is populated by people that are not Chinese, but by ethnic groups that are quite different and influenced by India as well as some minor influences of China (note that Buddhism came from Mother India, not China) The S.E.A region is populated by almost over 400 million people and of these make up the bulk of the population are Viets, Khmer, Thai-Lao, Burmese and Malays (ethnic group of Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and Philippines). These hmong are a minute minority and for china to come to the region and affect and displace the people of our region for a minority is idiocy as well as suicidal in that it would unite all of ASEAN (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Burma, Laos and Cambodia against a Chinese threat) and believe me that is the last thing you want considering the combined air forces of these states can wipe out the PLAAF.  And I'm sure if this happened..Taiwan would take this as an advantage in seeing China's 'weakness'.

So yes...China has no right to come into SOUTH EAST ASIA. The region is not chinese and will NEVER be Chinese. The Hmong that are in south east asia are being intermingled in Laos and in Vietnam. I know the ones here in Thailand are not even hmong anymore..they are more Thai than Hmong.

End of discussion on this 'sending military to help the hmong'. This is words of war to the ears of a SOUTH EAST ASIAN!

Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 23:02
Use mouth to threat China? Unuseful. We are not afraid of war.
Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 02:12

In China, most people care about the chinese in Indonesia.

I think sending troops  there is absurd  in some sense, because i had never heard that Hmong people there said they are chinese and we do not know the exactly what the current situation is  . It's not the duty for our government to make such risky and silly decisions to interfere others inner issue. We are always suffering such tolerance  by others like in the Tibeten and Taiwan issue.

As I know, many chinese engineers are in Laos helping them developing modern industry, I also heard that Laos girls are very kind and warm and especially good to chinese . I had nearly been persuaded to be been one of them several months ago by a company which take the Cable TV constructions in Valentene. 

sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 02:22
Anyway we should help Hmong people who consider themself as Chinese.
Kazec View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Kazec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 01:22
Originally posted by King Chulalongkorn

LOLLLL!!! China has no right to send anything to south east asia. NEVER.

South East Asia is a region that is populated by people that are not Chinese, but by ethnic groups that are quite different and influenced by India as well as some minor influences of China (note that Buddhism came from Mother India, not China) The S.E.A region is populated by almost over 400 million people and of these make up the bulk of the population are Viets, Khmer, Thai-Lao, Burmese and Malays (ethnic group of Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and Philippines). These hmong are a minute minority and for china to come to the region and affect and displace the people of our region for a minority is idiocy as well as suicidal in that it would unite all of ASEAN (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Burma, Laos and Cambodia against a Chinese threat) and believe me that is the last thing you want considering the combined air forces of these states can wipe out the PLAAF.  And I'm sure if this happened..Taiwan would take this as an advantage in seeing China's 'weakness'.

So yes...China has no right to come into SOUTH EAST ASIA. The region is not chinese and will NEVER be Chinese. The Hmong that are in south east asia are being intermingled in Laos and in Vietnam. I know the ones here in Thailand are not even hmong anymore..they are more Thai than Hmong.

End of discussion on this 'sending military to help the hmong'. This is words of war to the ears of a SOUTH EAST ASIAN!

how many ethnic Chinese present in the current Thai cabinet?

Edited by Kazec
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 14:02
yes... my great great grandparent are Han..In the Hmong gene, every Hmong have a Han gene in them because, basically, long time ago, many Hmong and other ethnic intermarried. My great grandpa wear long pony tail just like the Manchu. so it is strange... some of Hmong language consists of Mandarin. yeah...hehehe
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2005 at 14:38

The main point of my statement is that China has no right to intercede in South East Asia; it would be a violation of the 4th geneval convention on national territoriality and jurisdiction as well as a breach of the trade and peace aggreement ASEAN has with China and to do so would be an act of war; one in which both sides dont want.

Understand, Hmongshaman??

KAHP KOON!

Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 10:43

yes, i understand that chinese gov't cant do anything..

it is okay.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 16:06

Believe me, it pains me to know that thousands of Hmong are forced to migrate to Thailand because of the hardships of life in Laos and Vietnam; as well hmongs are also given the right to go tot he United States. But nonetheless, as long as the Hmong groups are within the national boundaries of Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand; then China has no right to interced and violate laws in an expedition to 'rescue them'; considering that many Hmong dont consider themselves as Chinese and many detest 'China'. I know this, because I have many Hmong friends in the states and in Thailand. You can only hope and pray that these people are treated equally; and continual trade and cultural treaties will incite this to happen faster.

Cheers!and good luck my friend..to your people!

Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 14:30
i heard that the largest indochina camp holding thousand of Hmong end thursday. i heard the wat tham krabot camp close ending the last chapter of the vietnam war. woah... so sad.....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 13:40

to King Chulalongkorn

are you sure about that chinese are rare in se asia???

Its a fact that the econamy of se asia are domonated by chinese,and from CIA the world fact book that there are actually alot of chinese living in se asian contries...........

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 00:49
Especially in Vietnam, almost a third of the population speak Cantonese
Lynne Woods View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Lynne Woods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 15:44

Originally posted by Gubook Janggoon

Very nice.  Arn't there Hmong's in China whose women wear horns?

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 18:41
Originally posted by Lynne Woods

Originally posted by Gubook Janggoon

Very nice.  Arn't there Hmong's in China whose women wear horns?

Yay!  Thanks.
Knight
Knight

Quote Hmongshaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 16:00
woah, you finaly found some picture of the horn hmong.. coool..
i been searching for some pictures of them but i couldnt find
any.. thank for the pics you provided...nice...
Lynne Woods View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Lynne Woods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 21:37

Originally posted by Hmongshaman

woah, you finaly found some picture of the horn hmong.. coool..
i been searching for some pictures of them but i couldnt find
any.. thank for the pics you provided...nice...

No problem.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>