Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEvolution or Creationism?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evolution or Creationism?
    Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 05:19
Originally posted by gcle2003

A theory claiming to be scientific can be disproven in two ways.

1) Predictions that are deduced from it fail to come true when tested.
2) No predictions deduced from it can be tested in order to determine if they are untrue.

1) The creationist theory that the world sprang suddenly into existence on January 1 1950 leads to the prediction that there would be no historical or other records of events before then.
Obviously we have plenty of such records, so obviously the the theory is disproven under category 1.

2) The failure of the prediction that there would be no historical records antedating 1950 can be explained away by asserting that any such 'records' are actually fakes dreamed up by a bamboozling trickster God.
However, in that case no prediction based on the theory can be shown to fail to come true, so the theory is disproven under category 2.

Of course that does not disprove the NON-scientific theory that the world was created at the stroke of midnight on 31 December 1949, and if you want to go on arguing that it was, then you can go on doing so for ever, and I won't object as long as you're kept under supervision and kept well away from anything to do with educating children.

(You can if you want substitute any other date for 1/1/1950 - my birthday might be good - but it wouldn't change any of the arguments.)

I was about to respond to your post, but then decided to heed your advice about educating small children...

Ah, what the hey, I do love small children Wink

I shall first address your misconceptions about the nature of 'science'. I will agree, that when predictions fail to come true then you can successfully disprove the current form of any scientific theory.

However, your second point is quite frankly ignorant to an extreme degree. You may, sir/madame, have heard of Einstein's theories about the nature of the particle, or any such theory. No-one has successfully proven electrons, gluons, protons, etc exist. The theory of the Big Bang has never been successfully "tested". Have you seen any proof of the big bang? I thought not. Neither has evolution ever been successfully tested. I've never seen a half-monkey, nor a half-dinosaur, nor any of the so-called "missing links". That's an important fact to remember, there are just about an infinite number of missing links. So, if you want to exclude theories who can't be proven then you can be the one to exhume and crucify Einstein, Darwin and Lemaitre.

I also find your choice of date quite amusing, especially seeing as 'creationism' outdates any other explanations for the beginning of the universe. Whereas evidence for evolution and the big bang are circumstancial at best, contradictory on average and often in direct contradiction to the law itself, creationism is supported by alot of evidence. The lead scientist on the human genome project converted to christianity after his work was complete, claiming that only intelligent design could possibly result in what he found. He described the human gene as a brilliant work of art by God. He was a strong atheist before he began. I don't ask that creationism be put in science text books, it is religion. What I do ask, is that evolution is removed as it's quite frankly a load of 'hooey'.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 05:19
Originally posted by gcle2003

A theory claiming to be scientific can be disproven in two ways.

1) Predictions that are deduced from it fail to come true when tested.
2) No predictions deduced from it can be tested in order to determine if they are untrue.

1) The creationist theory that the world sprang suddenly into existence on January 1 1950 leads to the prediction that there would be no historical or other records of events before then.
Obviously we have plenty of such records, so obviously the the theory is disproven under category 1.

2) The failure of the prediction that there would be no historical records antedating 1950 can be explained away by asserting that any such 'records' are actually fakes dreamed up by a bamboozling trickster God.
However, in that case no prediction based on the theory can be shown to fail to come true, so the theory is disproven under category 2.

Of course that does not disprove the NON-scientific theory that the world was created at the stroke of midnight on 31 December 1949, and if you want to go on arguing that it was, then you can go on doing so for ever, and I won't object as long as you're kept under supervision and kept well away from anything to do with educating children.

(You can if you want substitute any other date for 1/1/1950 - my birthday might be good - but it wouldn't change any of the arguments.)

Of course there are historical records beyond 1950! Or 1950BC for that matter, including your birthday! That is because God DID NOT create the universe on those dates.

Say I substitute the date for, let's see, the first day ('yom') of the universe's existence - as created by God, roughly 6-7,000 years ago. Please provide some SOLID -not controversial- evidence of historical records prior to that time in history. That is, not 'carbon-14 dating' or for example. If you insist on providing unstable geological/biological evidence, then so be it....Nuke

Edited by Knights - 09-Jan-2007 at 05:43
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 09:22

I had to study some biology as part of my science degree, although it was quite a while ago now, the one example I do remember is of the Peppered moth.

The moth was a light brown colour and found over all parts of northern Europe. During the industrial revolution however it was found that the colourings of the moth changed to a dark brown / black colour within city areas.

After the industrial revolution and with the advent of the clean air act, buildings werent so covered in soot and started returning back to there original brick colour.

The dark version of the peppered moth also disappeared.

So according to Darwins theory, the black version of the peppered moth was a mutant, that found it was better camouflaged against the soot covered buildings than the lighter coloured version, and so it prospered.

So I would be interested to hear a creationist view of how the peppered moth changed its colours.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 09:28
Originally posted by Lotus

<p ="Msonormal">I had to study some biology as part of my science degree,
although it was quite a while ago now, the one example I do remember is of the
Peppered moth.

<p ="Msonormal">The moth was a light brown colour and found over all parts
of northern <st1:place>Europe</st1:place>. During the industrial revolution
however it was found that the colourings of the moth changed to a dark brown /
black colour within city areas.

<p ="Msonormal">After the industrial revolution and with the advent of the
clean air act, buildings werent so covered in soot and started returning back
to there original brick colour.

<p ="Msonormal">The dark version of the peppered moth also disappeared.

<p ="Msonormal">So according to Darwins theory, the black version of the
peppered moth was a mutant, that found it was better camouflaged against the
soot covered buildings than the lighter coloured version, and so it prospered.

<p ="Msonormal">So I would be interested to hear a creationist view of how the
peppered moth changed its colours.

As mentioned before, that's an example of adaptation... not evolution.

Join us.
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 09:38

So let me get this straight, knights. You say: please give me evidence that the world is older than 6000 years. But you can only use documentry evidence. Scientific methods are somehow not reliable. Since writing only appeared about 5500 years ago, this is an impossible task.

Your task therefore is impossible, since it is not a question of finding evidence that the world is older than 6-7000 years ago, it is a question of finding written evidence from before there was writing. That is complete bulls**t!

There are hundreds of different scientific methods used in archeology, geology, biology and astronomy, which show dates earlier than 6-7000 years ago, but none of them are not "controversial" for you.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 09:59
You're quite right Decebal, it is "bulls**t. The dating methods are, that is. Contrary to popular belief the most common form of dating, radiocarbon dating, is completely flawed. Carbon 14, used in radiocarbon dating, has a half-life of approximately 5730 years, meaning 1/2 its mass decays in 5730 years. Now, let us take the assumption that the earth is just under 14 billion years old. Even leaving several billion years for carbon-14 to first appear, there would still remain today such a miniscule quantity that it would be deemed fully decayed and would no longer be in any way reliable for dating. The underlying assumptions for the system are not only presumptuous, but also quite wrong. I shall give you a couple of examples to demonstrate my point.

A newly formed piece of rock from Mt. St. Helens, about 25 years old, was taken to scientists for carbon dating. The scientists were not informed of the origin of the sample, and concluded that it was 300,000 years old. Carbon dating has also achieved the miracle of finding the longest living creature in the world - a small molusk celebrating its 3 millionth birthday.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 10:03

I had to study some biology as part of my science degree, although it was quite a while ago now, the one example I do remember is of the Peppered moth.

The moth was a light brown colour and found over all parts of northern Europe. During the industrial revolution however it was found that the colourings of the moth changed to a dark brown / black colour within city areas.

After the industrial revolution and with the advent of the clean air act, buildings werent so covered in soot and started returning back to there original brick colour.

The dark version of the peppered moth also disappeared.

So according to Darwins theory, the black version of the peppered moth was a mutant, that found it was better camouflaged against the soot covered buildings than the lighter coloured version, and so it prospered.

So I would be interested to hear a creationist view of how the peppered moth changed its colours.

Hello Lotus,
I would be honoured to give you my view and the facts behind this 'evolutionary evidence'.

The Peppered Moth Story

Peppered Moths (Biston betularia) is a temperate climate moth, found with two distinct colourations - black (melanistic) and whitish - both are still the exact same species. Prior to the Industrial Revolution in Europe, the trees which Peppered Moths hid on were covered with amounts of lichen of a light colour. The white contingent of the Peppered moth gene pool found it easier to survive because of the camouflage protection the lichen offered. The Melanistic Peppered Moths however struggled to stay hidden and were therefore picked off more easily by predators. The decline in Melanistic Moths increased the gene pool of the white Peppered Moths.
As the Industrial Revolution set in, pollution killed the lichen off, revealing the darker bark of the trees. This made camouflage more favourable for the Melanistic Peppered Moths, and in turn, the White Moths were taken by predators reducing the White Moth gene pool to 2% and that of the Melanistic ones to 98%.
With the introduction of acts and initiatives regarding pollution control, the lichen began to make a comeback - providing another oppurtunity for the White Peppered Moth gene pool to even out again.

This is a prime evidence used by evolutionists to promote natural selection as the mechanism for change in a species, eventually leading to new species (macroevolution). Well they have another thing coming.
The Peppered Moth example is a superb example of adaptation within a species. Nothing within the genetic coding has been introduced, only changed in ratio over the entire gene pool. There is no new DNA/genetic coding introduced - and therefore there is no new species, still the exact same Peppered Moths. This in no way whatsoever is evidence for evolution.

Furthermore, much controversy has surrounded this topic of late, with fraudulent practice being uncovered in the process of the Peppered Moth saga. Peppered Moths of both colours were captured and either 1) Released nearby lichen/non-lichen covered trees to provide visual evidence or 2) killed and glued to trees! 'Now that's just not cricket'. Not only do they rig evidence so that public don't get the truth, but they forget that Peppered Moths do not tend to roost on tree trunks during full daylight hours (when the photos were shot). Much support even suggests the whole story was faked, but I wouldn't go that far.

The Peppered Moth Example is not an evidence for evolution, but for adaptation and intra-specific variation. The two colours acting as an insurance and in order to give the best chance in an environmental amendment. Sounds like an intelligent idea to me.

- Knights -

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 10:06
Originally posted by Zaitsev

However, your second point is quite frankly ignorant to an extreme degree. You may, sir/madame, have heard of Einstein's theories about the nature of the particle, or any such theory. No-one has successfully proven electrons, gluons, protons, etc exist. The theory of the Big Bang has never been successfully "tested". Have you seen any proof of the big bang? I thought not.

His second point holds. Any acceptable scientific theory has to be falsifiable through testing. Testing can be either observational or experimental. In the case of the big bang most of the evidence is observational - the red shift of receding galaxies, the microwave background, etc.

Neither has evolution ever been successfully tested. I've never seen a half-monkey, nor a half-dinosaur, nor any of the so-called "missing links". That's an important fact to remember, there are just about an infinite number of missing links. So, if you want to exclude theories who can't be proven then you can be the one to exhume and crucify Einstein, Darwin and Lemaitre.

Einstein's theory is a brilliant masterpiece which has been proven time and time again either through observations, and in some cases even experimentation. Clocks running slower in orbit, light rays bending around the Sun as observed through solar eclipses, particle accelerators, close binary star systems, Mercury's precession, are all consistent and agree to unprecedented accuracy with the predictions of Special and General relativity. Scientists are now looking for gravitational radiation, which was predicted by Einstein long time ago.

Whereas evidence for evolution and the big bang are circumstancial at best, contradictory on average and often in direct contradiction to the law itself, creationism is supported by alot of evidence.

Good rhetoric, but with nothing to back it up worthless nonetheless. What evidence exactly is "circumstancial" and "contradictory"?  Do you even know what evidence the big bang and evolution are actually based on?

The lead scientist on the human genome project converted to christianity after his work was complete, claiming that only intelligent design could possibly result in what he found. He described the human gene as a brilliant work of art by God. He was a strong atheist before he began. I don't ask that creationism be put in science text books, it is religion. What I do ask, is that evolution is removed as it's quite frankly a load of 'hooey'.

What are your scienfic credentials to label evolution as a load of 'hooey'?

This whole debate on evolution reminds me of a court case in the American South, where a student sued his school for teaching that PI=3.14, because according to the Bible it must be equal to 3. He won the case, and was granted the right to learn that PI=3.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 10:21
Originally posted by Zaitsev

You're quite right Decebal, it is "bulls**t. The dating methods are, that is. Contrary to popular belief the most common form of dating, radiocarbon dating, is completely flawed. Carbon 14, used in radiocarbon dating, has a half-life of approximately 5730 years, meaning 1/2 its mass decays in 5730 years. Now, let us take the assumption that the earth is just under 14 billion years old. Even leaving several billion years for carbon-14 to first appear, there would still remain today such a miniscule quantity that it would be deemed fully decayed and would no longer be in any way reliable for dating. The underlying assumptions for the system are not only presumptuous, but also quite wrong. I shall give you a couple of examples to demonstrate my point.

A newly formed piece of rock from Mt. St. Helens, about 25 years old, was taken to scientists for carbon dating. The scientists were not informed of the origin of the sample, and concluded that it was 300,000 years old. Carbon dating has also achieved the miracle of finding the longest living creature in the world - a small molusk celebrating its 3 millionth birthday.

If I may continue...though Carbon-14 is formed in the Troposphere/Stratosphere (gaseous) by Thermal Neutrons that are absorbed by Nitrogen atoms. After reacting with cosmic rays in the atmosphere Carbon-14 and Hydrogen form as the product. Now this may explain the naturally occuring presence of C-14 in the atmosphere, but what about in geological and biological structures? Carbon-14 decays through beta-decay. This is where an electron is emitted. Carbon-14 would be practically non-existant in any geological formations or structures due purely to that fact that it would have all decayed. No new Carbon-14 can be created within the earth's core or even crust/mantle.etc. because the atmospheric components are not present. If the earth is billions of years old then no Carbon-14 should be found in say Coal, and especially Diamond because of where it is formed - the earth's core. But wait, how can use Carbon-14 dating if there won't [shouldn't] be any Radiocarbon there?

If, however, the universe and earth only 6,000 or so years old, then Carbon-14 would still exist in rocks and minerals. Many tests by RATE on coal samples from right around the world have shown firm evidence of the existence of Carbon-14 in all of the samples meaning they couldn't be older than a few thousand years old. Accurate dating estimates the coal to have formed around 5,670 years ago, very close to our estimates of when the Great Flood occured. Tests by RATE were also done on Diamonds and Carbon-14 was present in every single diamond sample. What more could you want. Radiocarbon exists in geological components of our earth - the earth is young.

- Knights -
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 10:58

Adaptation is another theory proposed by the French botanist Jean-Baptiste.

The classic theory of adaptation is of the giraffe it got its long neck by continually stretching to reach the leaves on trees.

The peppered moth has been used as a text book example to explain evolution by natural selection.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 11:00
Originally posted by bg_turk

His second point holds. Any acceptable scientific theory has to be falsifiable through testing. Testing can be either observational or experimental. In the case of the big bang most of the evidence is observational - the red shift of receding galaxies, the microwave background, etc.

Einstein's theory is a brilliant masterpiece which has been proven time and time again either through observations, and in some cases even experimentation. Clocks running slower in orbit, light rays bending around the Sun as observed through solar eclipses, particle accelerators, close binary star systems, Mercury's precession, are all consistent and agree to unprecedented accuracy with the predictions of Special and General relativity. Scientists are now looking for gravitational radiation, which was predicted by Einstein long time ago.

Let me first commend you on your brilliant effort at sounding intelligent while uttering only idiocy. A scientific theory does not have to be proven, otherwise science would not advance. How long did it take for Einstein's theory to be proven? Was it proven the second it was proposes? No. Was evidence later produced? Yes. Should it have been rejected until that time? No, it should not. You see? Science will, at times, require a theory to be accepted, as a theory, until such time as it can be proven. I submit to you the example of the spherical shape of the earth. How long was it between someone proposing the Earth was spherical until we could actually prove as much? Thousands of years, depending on who you believe. Even Galileo said it a long time before it could be proven.

The kind of proof you proceed to talk about supporting Einstein's theories and the Big Bang theory are of equal, if not lesser, value as that supporting creationism. They are the same kind of "proofs" that successfully established that the earth was the centre of the universe. They all support small facets of the theories, but hardly prove them to be true. It would, indeed, be similar to me saying "The world exists", "the Euphrates river exists", "there is pain in child birth", therefore the bible is entirely 100% true. Just to help you out, this is what you call "circumstancial".

Good rhetoric, but with nothing to back it up worthless nonetheless. What evidence exactly is "circumstancial" and "contradictory"?  Do you even know what evidence the big bang and evolution are actually based on?

Now that we have learnt the word "circumstancial", we can move on to the word "contradictory", which should be a little easier because it's shorter. Contradictory means that the two statements, which exist in a state of contradiction, cannot both be true. This would include such things as:

"At a point in time before time existed, the universe spontaneously came into existence." - The Big Bang theory.

The following statements also contradict:

"Animals evolve to be more complicated."

"New chromosomes cannot be created."

Now that we've concluded our lesson for today, we can move on to more sophisticated topics, such as thinking for one's self.

What are your scienfic credentials to label evolution as a load of 'hooey'?

You don't need any credentials beyond basic intelligence to determine this. I'm sorry if I'm implied something with the complicated term "hooey", but that was actually intended as a euphemism for a somewhat less complicated one.

This whole debate on evolution reminds me of a court case in the American South, where a student sued his school for teaching that PI=3.14, because according to the Bible it must be equal to 3. He won the case, and was granted the right to learn that PI=3.

It is horribly like that. Unfortunately the evolutionists won the court case, and now our pies are all messed up. Personally I have no stance on pie, unless it's hot and crispy. I heard a man say this once:

"In grammar school they taught us that a frog turning into a prince was a fairy tale. In university they taught the frog turning into the prince was fact."
Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 11:03

And a supernatural being such as Zeus would certainly have the power to create lightenings too. Why don't scientists take such scientific theories seriously?

Proposing different theories and otherwise challenging evolution is a natural part of the scientific process. Creationism and natural design, however, are not scientific theories, they are merely the restul of wishful thinking by some religious zealots who wish to abuse science for their own purposes.

In addition, may I point out the flaws in your understanding of 'science'. As an historian you should be aware that all people possess a kind of bias. Every scientist [person] has a goal, beliefs and therefore bias. Science is - or should be - used for a purpose, whether that is providing meaning for life and the universe - which everyone appears to need [and which evolution does not provide] - or to improve practical standards of living [or in the case of military science, killing other people]. These solutions would not be pursued if a desire wasn't there in the scientists to find not just an answer, but a certain answer - the one which they desire or find the most useful. In the area of morality and the meaning of life certain answers are more useful and convenient for certain people, or mankind as a whole. For example, the concept of there being no God not only boosts one's ego, but removes and objective moral standard, freeing you mentally from responsibility - essentially meaning you can do whatever you want. Evolution was a theory designed to validate this belief. Furthermore religious zealotry is not confined to those who believe in a God, and everyone uses science for their own purposes!

You sound awfully sure in regard to scientific theories for someone who has demonstrated a failure to understand their [scientific theories] very nature. Firstly, it is the role of a scientific theory to explain 'how' something works, not why. Therefore, your Zeus example would not count as a scientific theory - you have not said how Zeus created the lightning bolts [the integral component of a scientific theory]. Using this logic to discredit the concept of the existence of a deity is about as logical saying "Fire is created by friction [among other things] so therefore Humans cannot create fire". Although, we all know that humans cannot create friction to spark a fire. Similarly, If a diety creates the universe, it makes sense that the scientific laws he/she sets in motion are a tool for his/her purposes.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 11:17

Adaptation is another theory proposed by the French botanist Jean-Baptiste.

The classic theory of adaptation is of the giraffe it got its long neck by continually stretching to reach the leaves on trees.

The peppered moth has been used as a text book example to explain evolution by natural selection.

Jean-Batptise Lamarck proposed the theory of 'inheritance of acquired traits' - which was later discredited. This involved the passing on of characteristics which an organism acquired during its life. For example if a rhino has its horn removed during its life, Lamarck proposed that the genetic information would be hereditary and the offspring would have a chance of being born without horns. This was scientifcally disproven through bio-genetic law and logic. Your 'classic' example of adaptation is rather similar to that of Lamarck's discredited theory - Giraffes extend their necks ever so slightly in their life and therefore pass the trait of a longer neck on to offspring, then over generations the necks extend. Adaptation is intra-specific only. It allows an organism to survive better, be the 'fittest' to put it ironically. Natural Selection does not create new information, it just changes the gene pool ratio within a species causing a loss of information in some cases (for example:50% White Persian Cats and 50% Red Persian Cats. The owner decides to kill off the Red coloured Persians and does this through only selecting the White ones to breed - Natural Selection. The White Persians are the fittest because their owners wants to keep them alive and going, while Natural Selection in the form of the owner roots out the Black Persians. Eventually, because the Whites are the 'fittest' to survive they gain a 100% control over the gene pool of the cats. No new information is created through this process of natural selection, but genetic information is lost!)

- Knights -

Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 11:18

Hello Knights  Smile

Bloomin eck, looks like Im going to have to dig around in the attic and find my old Biology text books.

Your theory doesnt sound outrageous, but then its been ages since I studied Biology.

Eddited to say, I was responding to your previous post

Edited by Lotus - 09-Jan-2007 at 11:22
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:02
Is there anyone here who believes the world is 6000 yrs old?
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:06
Originally posted by malizai_

Lol, that's highly unlikely... but with our limited knowledge, who knows?

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:07

No, it's 6023 years, 2 months and 7 days old. Give or take a couple of hours.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:10

I surely hope not!

If the world is only 6000 years old how do people explain all the fossils of dinosaurs? of wooly mammoths? of sabre-toothed tigers? of...you get the point!

Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:12

I don't mean to be pick, but the precise date is not as important as the fact that I believe in a young earth - one that is fewer than 10,000 years. Many estimates as to how long 'creation' took place, but no 100% solid ones have been made. So yes, I believe the world could be 6,000 years - give or take a couple of thousand.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:18
Originally posted by Adalwolf

If the world is only 6000 years old how do people explain all the fossils of dinosaurs? of wooly mammoths? of sabre-toothed tigers? of...you get the point!

I can explain the fossils perfectly if the earth is only 6,00 years or so old - they are under 6000 years old! As I have earlier stated dating methods such as radiocarbon are flawed. For all I know the dinosaurs were present at creation and lived alongside man on the early earth. The Great Flood is my most probable theory to explain their disappearance, as much fossil evidence has pointed at the Flood as being 1) Catastrophic/Worldwide 2) Rapid and Sudden explaining the 'in-motion' burials of many creatures 3) Amazing techtonic and geological activity explaining the formation of coal and oil, and continental drift...and many others.

It would be perfectly plausible for dinosaurs to have lived alongside Adam and Eve in the Garden, and have died out predominantly in the Flood. Plus, if there was such a monumental asteroid that hit the earth causing a mass extinction of ONLY dinosaurs and pterasaurs, why weren't birds or mammals affected?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>