Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The most heroic place of your country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most heroic place of your country
    Posted: 04-May-2005 at 05:09
Originally posted by tzar

I want to announce to our turkish members, that I don't want to offend them. This was for beginning.  Bulgarian most heroic place is Shipka where Suleiman pasha was defeated from Russian army with the big help of Bulgarian volunteers forces!

This is it:

very nice.I'm visiting bulgaria next month,can you tell me where is this castle?

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 05:54

Welcome, but it is not castle. it is just a memorial complex! It is on a peak in Stara Planina. Its name is Shipka /but this is not the village Shipka./ and it is on the road between Staza Zagora and Gabrovo

Look at the map

Edited by tzar
Everybody listen only this which understands.
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 08:55

Originally posted by tzar

I want to announce to our turkish members, that I don't want to offend them. This was for beginning.  Bulgarian most heroic place is Shipka where Suleiman pasha was defeated from Russian army with the big help of Bulgarian volunteers forces!

Why do you think like this? If this is your most heroic part of your country, as being a Turk we do not have much to do but respect you.

We congragulate every ex-enemy who fought honestly.

Best wishes to Bulgaria....

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 09:28
Thanks.I'll pay my visit there
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 10:04
Originally posted by Alparslan

Why do you think like this? If this is your most heroic part of your country, as being a Turk we do not have much to do but respect you.

I agree. We respect to people who fight with their honor (I dont mean any specific nation), it doesnt matter if they fight against us or not. But we dont recognize the ones who fight without dignity and have no warior braveary even as men...

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 10:45
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

I agree. We respect to people who fight with their honor (I dont mean any specific nation), it doesnt matter if they fight against us or not. But we dont recognize the ones who fight without dignity and have no warior braveary even as men...

wow ok! I confess that from my side it was stupid, but in other forums I have met much crazy people who if I mention a word they make from it a point of honour!

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 10:54
Eaglecap, that is the Altar of the Father Land.
A monument erected to remember to the cadets that died in battle and the Naval Infantry Bataillon of San Blas.
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 04:56

I would also add  Valmy, at this place the revolution was saved and the first time the Republicans were truely victorious. From there Europe was shaken.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 02:41
Little Big Horn- I decided to step in my way back machine and I took this pic!!

sorry I didn't get any pics of the heroic Sioux!!

Edited by eaglecap
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 04:48
Poor natives...
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 06:52

Originally posted by eaglecap

Little Big Horn- I decided to step in my way back machine and I took this pic!!

sorry I didn't get any pics of the heroic Sioux!!

little bighorn did not happen(i think,correct me if i ws wrong),the indians just sneaked off in the middle of the night and slaughtered veryone

Justice View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 16:54

I think it is Gelibolu Peninsula in Canakkale where we fought against British, French and Australian armies and navies.  The area is big. At the south of the straits and peninsula there is the famous city of Troia which is also a symbol of heroism against invading Greek army. 

Here is Kilitbahir.

Naval museum

One of the Turkish cemeteries

Turkish artillary

View of Sulva Bay from Conkbayiri

Anzac Cove, Gallipoli

Anzac Bay

Anzac Day service 2004 around lone pine tree

Anzac day in Gellipoli

Ataturk in the war of Gallipoli

Old enemies, good friends - Veteran Turkish and Anzac soldiers and their childs

The legendary city of Troia in Canakkale

City walls in Troia which may have witnessed the heroism which has talked in Homer's legends.

Attention.The Turks beleive that the Trojans are Turks and they consider it part of their history where they fought heroic.Hector , Priamos and Paris were all Turks.
THEY WILL NOT PASS
Cassivellaunus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Cassivellaunus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 21:52

Sorry, I just had to pop in and post Bannockburn...the English will never hear the end of it!

SCOTTISH INDEPENDANCE!!!

"Why do you cower in your trenches, men? They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
- Last words of General John Sedgewick
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 23:59
Originally posted by Justice

I think it is Gelibolu Peninsula in Canakkale
where we fought against British, French and Australian armies and
navies. The area is big. At the south of the straits and
peninsula there is the famous city of Troia which is also a symbol of
heroism against invading Greek army.

Here is Kilitbahir.

Naval museum

One of the Turkish cemeteries

Turkish artillary

View of Sulva Bay from Conkbayiri

Anzac Bay

Anzac day in Gellipoli

Ataturk in the war of Gallipoli

Old enemies, good friends - Veteran Turkish and Anzac soldiers and their childs

The legendary city of Troia in Canakkale

City walls in Troia which may have witnessed the heroism which has talked in Homer's legends.

Attention.The Turks beleive that the Trojans are Turks and they
consider it part of their history where they fought heroic.Hector ,
Priamos and Paris were all Turks.

The Turks wre the Trojans- no offense to my Turkish friends here but-
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 00:04
Originally posted by aknc

Originally posted by eaglecap

Little Big Horn- I decided to step in my way back machine and I took this pic!! sorry I didn't get any pics of the heroic Sioux!!

little bighorn did not happen(i think,correct me if i ws wrong),the indians just sneaked off in the middle of the night and slaughtered veryone

Little Big Horn was a real event but I do believe it happend in the day time but I will have to look. The Sioux were no cowards and there were very brave so I would not use the word sneaked. They were great warriors and just as fierce as your Turkish ancestors in battle. The clerk at the local market is full blooded Sioux and a knock out but she is married- I respect marriage. Do some research and find out about this great battle!!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 16:47

Pivotal battle and

The Gettysburg Address

Delivered Nov 19, 1863 by Abraham Lincoln

> Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great Civil War; testing whether this nation, or any nation, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We have met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation mightlive.

It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate--we cannot consecrate--we cannot hallow-- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us, the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth .

Abraham Lincoln
                                     President, United States

Edited by Seko
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 21:17
I live in Canada. Perhaps the most heroic place here is a point along the coast of Lake Superior in Ontario.  It is there that one-legged Terry Fox, who was running across Canada in order to raise money for cancer research, was forced to capitulate due to the deteriorating conditions of his health.

Edited by Darwin
birdwatcher3000 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote birdwatcher3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 01:52
Within modern day Greece borders it has to be Thermopylae.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 01:08

I am an Australian and I find it interesting that so many Turks consider this as their most heroic stand. For every Australian Gallipoli is also a sacred place.

Without doing a thorough investigation of the battle itself no one can gain a proper understanding of what the soldiers went through there. At 4 am on the morning of 25th April 1915 the first boatloads of ANZAC (Australia New Zealand Army Corps) landed at Anzac Cove, fired upon by Turkish defenders as the Anzacs had to charge their way up sheer cliff faces to gain only small patches of ground. From that landing until the final withdrawal late in the year both sides fought heroicly. One needs only look at some of the accounts of the battles that took place. In one day an assault launched by Kemal saw the deaths of a staggering 30,000 Turks, testimony to the willingness of these soldiers to follow their orders at whatever cost. Many charged straight into the heavy fire of defensive positions. Likewise, at the Battle of the Nek Anzac troops followed their orders to charge Turkish defences even when the planned artillery barrage which was meant to wipe out the defences did not occur. The soldiers to a man leapt out of the first two lines of trenches and were wiped out to a man. The third and fourth line of trenches held the second waves of troops who witnessed the annihiliation of the first two lines, yet when the order came to attack they also went over the top without hesitation and were likewise virtually annihilated.

For Australians and New Zealanders it was the first real time they had been in battle. These two young nations had never been tested in warfare, but the determination and courage of those who fell at Gallipoli have made proud our people for generations since. Soldiers on both sides, I might add, fought with honour and great bravery. In the winter, both sides' soldiers froze, in the summer they both endured searing heat, the impossibility of not swallowing flies every time you opened your mouth, and massive losses through disease which no one on the Western Front could imagine. Both sides respected the dignity of the other in gathering the dead and wounded and both sides typically avoided being brutal towards prisoners. The attack failed because of poor planning and execution by the Allied strategists.

For the Turks it was a justifiably proud victory against a major attack which ensured their ability to fight continued much longer than they would have had they lost at Gallipoli. For the Australian and New Zealanders, it was our first real battle, the baptism of fire where men placed in atrocious conditions showed nothing but steadfast courage and honour. In recent years Gallipoli had become a shrine for our young nation which is still in the process of developing its traditions. Turkey and Australia fought against eachother at the battle, but people from both nations today gather there to pay their respects to the simple valour of their ancestors. The people of both nations have no animosity toward eachother, knowing and respecting the valour shown by both sides in this battle.

Edited by Constantine XI
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 02:44

Did someone here ever holded a weapon for a moment?

Did someone here ever shot single bullit?

Did someone here was in war?

What can I say about this? Turkish soldiers tried to help each other in that poor conditions and they even helped the Anzac soldiers who were dying...

Why they had to shoot eachother? To help eachother?

There is a legend which I was also an eyewitness of that no birds make this place dirty or noisy even though there are lots of birds in that region...

I do not concider bird singing as "making the place dirty", but it is irrelevant now... i know what you talk... i was on several such places... no birds singing, no other noise, strange fog years & years after the battle... we have several places like that in "ex-YU" countries, from Macedonia to Slovenia, old & new batle places

But it was worth for my ancestors. Their lifes werent such important when considered with the future of their wifes, sons and great sons... And dying with honor for God was the inheritence of their great ancestors... 

Reading such a sentences is giving me more worries than all that kriminal & similar outside...

HOW STUPPID YOU ARE??? ALL OF YOU???

What is heroic in killing other people?

isnt it forbiden by laws? what give us the right to kill some1 in war?

the "patriotismus" & "heroismus" are made up, you idiots...

It is "romantic" "patriotic" "heroic" story, PURE BRAINWASHING

think AGAIN: If those turkish Soldiers refused to fight, & their "enemies" as well, THEY WOULD ALL LIVE HAPPY WITH THEIR FAMILIES.

- NO NEED for HEARTBREAKING LETTERS to Mama, Wife & rest of the Family

- HOW CAN YOU DIE FOR GOD??? GOD FORBIDS ALL KILLING!!! SUICIDE IS A DEADLY SIN IN CHRISTENTUM & IN THE MUSLIM WORLD

is it so hard to UNDERSTAND that WAR IS NOT A SOLUTION???

you have to go in 1 & get yourself killed to realise it is stupid??

(war at all, & your taking part of it specialy)

i had luck to survive the Slovenian / Croatian War (meaning the fighting between the Yugoslav Army & the "separatists" in Slovenia & Croatia...)

you wanna know how many from my "kamaraden" are dead?

i guess it is faster if i tell you how many survived - FEW from 120!

Imagine, there is a war, & noone goes there...

p.s.

about topic: most heroic place in my country... my fathers / some1 fathers workin place, where they work hard 30 years for their families, every hospital where children are born.

1 mother is much more heroic than a soldier

the soldier is ready to die for something

the mother or the father who are prepared TO SPEND THEIR WHOLE LIVE dedicated to their children are much bigger heroes...

so much for now, kids

Edited by Serdarot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>