Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedkurdish population Map

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: kurdish population Map
    Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 11:24
Originally posted by Zagros

You're gonna have to back that up with some supporting evidence because PKK (Pezhak) also launch attacks against Iran.  Iran helped KDP in Iraq when they had a civil war with the other group, Saddam helped the other side, this was in the mid 90s.

Where does the PKK get its weapons? Iran. Since 1999, Iran has supplied the PKK with almost any light weapon it wanted. In 2000, Iran supplied and actively supported the PKK as they did battle with the pro-American and secular groups that control the Iraqi safe-haven.

http://www.iraqwatch.org/perspectives/winep-rubin-3-26-02.ht m

Does the PKK receive support from governments?
Yes. The PKK used Syria as its main base for almost two decades. Several of Turkeys neighbors have harbored PKK fighters, and Syria, Iraq, Iran, and Greece have given the group modest financial support, experts say. Iran transported PKK fighters to northern Iraq in exchange for Syrian assistance to the Iranian-supported Hezbollah. In the 1980s, PKK fighters also trained in Lebanons Bekaa Valley. In 1999, thousands of PKK fighters retreated into northern Iraq, which the United Nations has designated as a safe haven for Iraqi Kurds.

http://cfrterrorism.org/groups/kurdistan_print.html

Zagros, I googled it and those two links showed up on top.It is no secret that Iran Supported PKK.Turkey warned Iran to stop helping Terrorists.Funny thing, one of the reponses that Iran government gave was, "We are no longer supporting PKK."

As for Pkk attacked Iran, they attacked several greek embassies abroad as well.we have a saying goes; "You feed the crow but it will peck out your eyes one day"
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 11:26
OK, thanks.
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 11:33
Does the division of Kurds into different tribes have anything to do with them being pro-PKK or pro-Turkey?

Edited by Artaxiad
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 13:07
Originally posted by Cent

So your oppressing laws against minorities are democratic?

Don't compare Turkey with Middle Eastern countries, then of course it's a democracy, but if you compare it with the West, then it's another story.

There is no oppresive laws against any people.

First you must learn that they are not minorities, they are the main people of Turkey. You are a minority in Sweden, not the Kurds in Turkey

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 14:00
Originally posted by Evrenosgazi

Don't compare Turkey with Middle Eastern countries, then of course it's a democracy, but if you compare it with the West, then it's another story.

First you must learn that they are not minorities, they are the main people of Turkey. You are a minority in Sweden, not the Kurds in Turkey

so you are saying that kurds out number turks in turkey??? wow, didnt know that. so the majority of the people are kurdish. interesting.

and turkey has oppressive laws against them, but was forced to changed by europe, if europe hadnt said anything, kurds would still be oppressed to this day in turkey. they are still oppresseb but not as much as before.

Edited by prsn41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 14:44

There was no civil war in Turkey, it was a guerilla war.  civil war would have been like spain in the 30s.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 14:49

There was no civil war in Turkey, it was a guerilla war.  civil war would have been like spain in the 30s.

a lot of civil wars are guerilla wars.  in this time and age, guerilla fighting is the way to go. look, colombia is in civil war, but it is guerilla war. the same with other nations.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 14:54
It was not a civil war by any stretch, their society was not torn apart by this. Yugoslavia is another example of what a civil war is.
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 15:00
Originally posted by prsn41ife

so you are saying that kurds out number turks in turkey??? wow, didnt know that. so the majority of the people are kurdish. interesting.

and turkey has oppressive laws against them, but was forced to changed by europe, if europe hadnt said anything, kurds would still be oppressed to this day in turkey. they are still oppresseb but not as much as before.

You understand it wrong,prsn41life .Kurds are one of the main elements in Turkey. They are everywhere. They are in the army, courthouse,politics, Medicine , trade, arts, sport...We are equal, Armenians, Greeks are minorities okay
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 15:18

You understand it wrong,prsn41life .Kurds are one of the main elements in Turkey. They are everywhere. They are in the army, courthouse,politics, Medicine , trade, arts, sport...We are equal, Armenians, Greeks are minorities okay

you said that kurds were not minorities. if they arent a minority then it means they are the majority.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 15:19

It was not a civil war by any stretch, their society was not torn apart by this. Yugoslavia is another example of what a civil war is.

well what about colombia. they are in civil war yet its a guerrilla civil war.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 16:32

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_war

"A civil war is a war in which the parties within the same country or empire struggle for national control of state power. As in any war, the conflict may be over other matters such as religion, ethnicity, or distribution of wealth. Some civil wars are also categorized as revolutions when major societal restructuring is a possible outcome of the conflict. An insurgency, whether successful or not, is likely to be classified as a civil war by some historians if, and only if, organized armies fight conventional battles. Other historians state the criteria for a civil war is that there must be prolonged violence between organized factions or defined regions of a country (conventionally fought or not)."

Now, decide if it's a civil war or not

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 16:57

you said that kurds were not minorities. if they arent a minority then it means they are the majority.

You are not helping, We live together in same geography , we are turkish citizens. What is your problem about this? What are you questioning. You are seeing Azeris and Kurds in Iran as minorites, I think they are also main elements.

Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 16:58

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_war

"A civil war is a war in which the parties within the same country or empire struggle for national control of state power. As in any war, the conflict may be over other matters such as religion, ethnicity, or distribution of wealth. Some civil wars are also categorized as revolutions when major societal restructuring is a possible outcome of the conflict. An insurgency, whether successful or not, is likely to be classified as a civil war by some historians if, and only if, organized armies fight conventional battles. Other historians state the criteria for a civil war is that there must be prolonged violence between organized factions or defined regions of a country (conventionally fought or not)."

Now, decide if it's a civil war or not

It is not
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 17:09
Are you going to be happy if there is a civil war in Turkey. As a person I really never want any internal war in Iran. There isnt any civil war, every turk can travel everywhere same for the kurds. Kurds majority is loyal to the republic. My Iranian brothers I dont understand why you dont like Turks. When I entered this forum I taught that I will see Greeks against us, but when I saw your behavior Greeks are like angels. Come on , we didnt have any important battle after 1639. In Turkey we do not have bad taught about Iran, when I watched your International match with USA me and all Turks supported you. But when I saw my Iranian brothers in this forum I can understand that you really dont like us. Maybe we should discuss this as a topic.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 17:36
civil war in Turkey is going to plummet the whole region into war..booo to that

but what makes you say they dont like you?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 17:44
It's not a civil war because it is guerilla warfare, not conventional warfare between two armies, another example, is the russian civil war after the revolution, reds v whites.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 17:51
true, its no where close to a civil war in Turkey.

a historical sidelight - the word Guerrialla - comes from the spanish resistance to the Napoleonic occupation - the rebels were called guerrillas-

anyway, a guerrila war is usually referred to a minority of the same people against the government (Columbia, as the case). In the case of Turkey, Kurds and Turks are not the same "people".

I may be wrong, but thats what I have learned...
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 18:06
Originally posted by mamikon

true, its no where close to a civil war in Turkey.

a historical sidelight - the word Guerrialla - comes from the spanish resistance to the Napoleonic occupation - the rebels were called guerrillas-

anyway, a guerrila war is usually referred to a minority of the same people against the government (Columbia, as the case). In the case of Turkey, Kurds and Turks are not the same "people".

I may be wrong, but thats what I have learned...
Turks and Kurds are mixed by marriages, they spread all to Turkey, they are active in social life. A lot of artist in Turkey is kurd, which we like them, .Tatlses,M.Krmzgl.......Not same but similar
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 20:03

You are not helping, We live together in same geography , we are turkish citizens. What is your problem about this? What are you questioning. You are seeing Azeris and Kurds in Iran as minorites, I think they are also main elements.

im trying to help you understand the meaning of the word "minority".

when something is not a majority, then it is a minority. LOL, why dont you understand that?

since azeri's in iran make up 23% of the population, then by simple mathematics:

23<51 (51% being the percentage of Persians in Iran)

by that we can see that persians are the majority ethnic group in Iran, and Azeri's would go under the minority category.

another example:

whites in the USA 50%, blacks 30%

30<50

therefore, whites are the majority, blacks are the minority.

do you understand what minority means now? it has nothing to do with mixing and being part of society, its just a system of labling ethnicities within a country.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>