Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What song are you listening to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 111>
Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What song are you listening to?
    Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 09:12
Baby Can I hold you - Tracy Chapman

Hanging on a Star - Nick Drake

http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 17:57
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2008 at 18:44
Street Fighting Man - The Rolling Stones

Louis Armstrong and Johnny Cash - Blue Yodel No. 9

STEREOLAB FLOURESCENCES
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2008 at 08:06
frank zappa duels steve vai. 'stevies spanking'

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 05:07
Symphonie Nr.1 "Titan" - Gustav Mahler

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 29-Aug-2008 at 05:09
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 06:09
Fuel For Hatred by Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seO-9zOF_i0

The Stars Will Fall by Crom
www.myspace.com/cromsrevenge

Edited by Adalwolf - 29-Aug-2008 at 06:10
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 17:55
Now for something completely different...

German Punk of 70 and 80s...

Mittagspause, a band from Düsseldorf, saw them many times...

DAF, very poular at this times in the German Punk Discos...

Fehlfarben...

IDEAL Berlin....

Palais Schaumburg

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 18:37
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

frank zappa duels steve vai. 'stevies spanking'

....blimey...doesn't Steve Vai look fresh faced and what a groovy looking leopard skin top!!!!......i can take Frank Zappa in small doses but this one i watched all the way through......lots of guitar plank spanking and widdly diddly finger work...a sign of things to come for Mr Vai......Clap

..btw....thrashing out at the moment with a nice little tune from Nuclear Assault,Evil%20Smile just ignore the first 30 seconds of some wishy washy hair metal poseur  making an introduction.....Dead

....off now to explore some more Black Sabbath stuff on Up-yer-tube...Evil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20Smile

..'appy 'eadbanging......AoO....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 19:13
.....er...back again so quickly.....Confused...

....have just checked out whole load of tracks by the band Placebo on Up-yer-Tube....this small selection actually tugged a bit at my heart stringsCry....i was introduced to this band by an ex-girlfriend many (many) years ago and the album 'Without You Im Nothing' holds a firm place in my top ten personal favourite albums...
...i remember one particular holiday break we both took in Devon, South West of England, and this album formed the soundtrack to a wonderful time of lazing on beaches, sunshine, cream teas(!), boat trips and general all round contentment...most of the songs are about drugs and addiction but thats besides the point, the music was just stunning to me.....it was a tough break for me when the relationship ended, and the title track said it all, although i have since recovered....Embarrassed....

..still great to hear these tracks though....

Ask For Answers  Beautiful sweeping guitar chords, i adore this track...'There are no second chances'..

My Sweet Prince   i just loved this track despite its dubious meanings!!!!

..well, there you go, thats all i think for now.... songs that will always have a deeper meaning for me and reflect upon a fondly remembered past.......aahhhhhh!!!!Embarrassed

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 19:20

Good to see you back around, AoO!  When are you gonna start the EPL thread? 

Only time I've seen Steve Vai is in G3 tour with Joe Satriani, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Robert Fripp.  It was 4 hours of most guitar notes I've heard in my life. Actually Fripp did his soundscaping thing but they all came out later togerther and played The Kinks', ' You Really Got Me'.  It was unique, to say the least.  I have mixed feelings about G3 tours.  It's kinda cool and I had a good time. 

G3 - São Paulo - Brasil (2004)- Satriani, Vai, Fripp

the kinks- you really got me

I found this in the tube, AoO, what do you think?

Ozzy Osbourne (with Gary Moore) - Led Clones

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 20:51
Clap

Good to see you back around, AoO!  When are you gonna start the EPL thread? 

..i did toy with the idea of another EPL thread but in all honesty, i do not think i can give the topic the commitment it would derserve over the course of the 2008/09 season, as you know, i have some hard work ahead of me!!!....and it would be unfair of me to start a thread then expect you to keep the thing alive like you did last seasonClap...i was hoping another English footie fan would take up the reins but alas, this has not materialised...Unhappy...i might have to just weigh in every now and then when i can on similar football threads....

I found this in the tube, AoO, what do you think?

Ozzy Osbourne (with Gary Moore) - Led Clones

..thanks for the G3 clips, quite enjoyed them, i do like Satriani and i think i have a Steve Vai album tucked away somewhere.....i am not that much of a twiddly diddly guitar fan but i think Steve and Joe do it the best....

..the Ozzy tune was a pretty sub-standard affair which seems to be charcteristic of Ozzy's recent musical offerings, even with Gary Moore on guitar...rumours were always abound that Gary Moore would join Ozzy's band when he left Sabbath/Randy Rhoads died/ and when Jake. E. Lee left....Much prefer Gary Moore when he teamed up with the brilliant but ultimately doomed Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy fame...I was fortunate enough to see Lynott a few months before he died, a great, great talent, great voice.....you have probably heard these tunes, but i have posted a couple of links/clips of these two together just in case.......

Don't Believe a Word  on the Old Grey Whistle Test with Cozy Powell on drums!!!! Moore is great on this track...

Motorhead this one is not with Gary Moore but Phil Lynott with Motorhead..i added this one because i was actually there that night, one of the pimply teenagers right at the front!!!!!

...i have seen Ozzy live many times and Gary Moore just the once, and despite all his shortcomings, the man puts on a great show if you are into that kind of thing......Moore blew me away, what a guitar player, phenominal skills and dexterity, its just a shame that this did not crossover into major commercial success (well, maybe his blooz period did?) and the critical acclaim he deserved...

....thanks for your reply KK, andby all means continue to flag upsome more music for me...Clap

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 29-Aug-2008 at 20:54
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 21:19
....Hey King Kang....

..have you seen the film Crossroads??? about a young white kid who plays classical/blues guitar and  travels on the road with an old black blooz harmonica player in serach of a 'lost' Robert Johnson track??...

..Steve Vai features in the film as the devils guitar player and the white kid has to 'duel' with Vai in order to save his soul from being possessed by big D himself.....its all very prescribed but i like the film.....anyway here is a link to the 'duel' bit, avoid it if you want to see the film though!!!!Wink

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 21:56
Phil Lynott gets lota love in this thread.  TheARRGH is also a Lynott fan, I believe. 

And Cozy Powell.  What a drummer!

Here is a Cozy Powell tribute.  Didn't die a few years back?  RIP, Cozy.

COZY POWELL - DANCE WITH THE DEVIL

Brian May, Steven Vai, Joe Satriani, Neil Murray, Cozy Powell

Emerson Lake and Powell - Touch and Go (live)

Black Sabbath - I Won't Cry For You (Live 1995)

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 22:25
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

....Hey King Kang....

..have you seen the film Crossroads??? about a young white kid who plays classical/blues guitar and  travels on the road with an old black blooz harmonica player in serach of a 'lost' Robert Johnson track??...

..Steve Vai features in the film as the devils guitar player and the white kid has to 'duel' with Vai in order to save his soul from being possessed by big D himself.....its all very prescribed but i like the film.....anyway here is a link to the 'duel' bit, avoid it if you want to see the film though!!!!Wink

Yes I have seen the movie.  Great clip!   Ahhhhhhh, Mojo...... 
I love Ry Cooder too.   

Robert Johnson - Crossroads played by Ry Cooder(not the actor)

And some may call him the Robert Johnson of England, Nick Drake.  I posted this one before but...

Nick Drake -Black Eyed Dog-

Can't get enough of Nick Drake. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 22:35

Phil Lynott gets lota love in this thread.  TheARRGH is also a Lynott fan, I believe.  
And Cozy Powell.  What a drummer!

..again, i was fortunate to see Cozy Powell live at a London gig and once when he was playing with Black Sabbath....crazy monster!!!! and your link was another fine example of this grandmaster of tub thumping!!!...

....given that you are aware of my slight indifference to 'prog rock' i went ahead and totally surprised myself by really enjoying your EL+Powell link!!!..good stuff, in fact i listened to it a couple of times.....good choice!!!Clap

..as for the Sabbath track, it was one of those tunes in the 'Tony Martin on vocals' period that seemed to be a dip in form for the riffmeister Iommi...Shocked...The Headless Cross and Eternal Idol were damn fine albums and there is no doubt that Tony Martin hits all the right notes as a rock singer, but after those two albums, i am unhappy to say that things started to go a we bit bland....shame...

..the group of guitar friends Vai, May etc was i think from the Sevilla Expo festival in 1992....there were a few nights of guitar based music and this i think comes from the 'rock' night...there was also a night featuring some great flamenco players including Paco de Lucia who did a guitar duo thing with John Mclaughlin...brilliant stuff especially Paco.....i actually recall staying in on those nights to record the guitar events on old VHS videotape!!!!...they are still around somewhere gathering dust and presumably rotting away towards celluloid heaven....!!....

..you probably know all the Lizzy stuff but this is a link to one of fav Lynott songs..

Still in Love With You the best verison of this song from the album 'Live and Dangerous'...totally sublime guitar solo from Brian Robertson, beautiful....not many guitar pieces bring a tear to my eye, but this is certainly one of them....stunning, Gibson Les Paul, legs astride, floppy hair-do, this is what i wanted to be when i was younger!!!!..instead, bald, fat, family, kids, and immersed in history...rock 'n' roll eh....?!!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 22:40

Yes I have seen the movie.  Great clip!   Ahhhhhhh, Mojo...... 
I love Ry Cooder too.   

Robert Johnson - Crossroads played by Ry Cooder(not the actor)

And some may call him the Robert Johnson of England, Nick Drake.  I posted this one before but...

Can't get enough of Nick Drake. 

..Not all that familiar with Nick Drakes music but i enjoyed these two tracks very much, for some reason though, i could not get the Ry Cooder link..Up-yer-Tube said the vid was unavailable?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 00:32
I don't know what happened to the link, AoO.  It was working when I posted it.  It was just a scene from the movie where Robert Johnson plays 'Crossroads' which the soundtrack is played by Ry Cooder.
 Another one from Ry Cooder.

Ry Cooder - Let's Have A Ball

Ry Cooder playing some Irish folk song?
David Lindely and Ry Cooder - Sídh Beag agus Sídh Mór

Ry Cooder - Tattler

Sorry, Ry Cooder got me all bloozy, but I will back with some 80's Korean Metal I used to listen tofor you, AoO.   Who else is gonna bring you 80's Korean Metal, he he?

But one more Blooz for now.

John Hammond Slide Guitar #1 - Walkin_ Blues
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 02:23

80's Korean Metal for you, AoO.

시나위 - 빈 하늘 (LIVE) Sinawe - Empty Sky

백두산 - 1987년 한강 라이브 (LIVE) Baekdusan - I Should have Said

And a metal ballad of course.  I couldnt find these guys 80's footage.  This footage is recent TV reunion appearance.  The singer left the band and became a pop idol.

Boohwal - Biwa Dangshinne Iyagi (Live)   
Born Again - A Story of You and the Rain

This clip is Sinawe's guitarist playing with his younger brother's band, they are playing one of their father's song who is like the Godfather of Korean Rock. This song id very Hendrixy.

Seoul electronic band - Mi In (The Beauty)

This their father back in 74
Shin Jung Hyun & Yup Juns - 할 말도 없지만 [film clip]

This is their father in recent tV appearance
Shin Jung Hyun - 요강 [live] Bedpan

Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 06:21
Escape by Rupert Holmes, or as its more well known by, the pina colada song.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 08:01

cause it's actual here as well..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 111>