Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asoka of Kashmir

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
K. V. Ramakrishna Rao View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asoka of Kashmir
    Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 19:16

Asoka, the Ruler of Kashmir:

Asoka of Kashmir, ruling around c.1400 BCE was a Jain and it appears that historians cleverly suppressed him by superimposing Asoka of Mauryas with him. Ironically, that Chandragupta Maurya was a Jain, and he came to Sravanabelagola, all along the way from Magadha to die there facing north, exposes such interpolated history floated by the westerners. It is unfortunate that the Asoka of Kashmir is not even mentioned in the Indian history books, just because, he is dated to c.1400 BCE. Kalhana gives the following details about Asoka:

101. The great grandson of Sakuni and the son of that kings grand-uncle named Asoka, who was true to his engagements, then supported the earth.

102. That king, who had extinguished sin and had accepted the teaching of Buddha, covered Suskaletra and Vistastara with numerous stupas.

103. In the Dharmaranya Vihara in Vitastara town the Caitya built by him       was so high that eye could not see the extent of its height.

104. Possessing ninety-six lakhs of dwelling houses resplendent with       prosperity, that illustrious king founded the magnificent city of       Srinagari.

105. After removing the dilapidated enclosures of stucco of the sacred       shrine of Vijayesa, the sinless one had a rampart of stone constructed.

106. Within the enclosure and near Vijayesa, he, who had extinguished       sorrow, had two temples built known as Asokaevara.

Here, in the verse 102, the word Jina is taken as Buddha, which is not correct. The Buddhism came out of Jainism instead of from Brahmanism or Hinduism, as popularly believed or historians made Indians to believe so. Note the words mentioned within inverted commas are mentioned as such only for understanding and not to be construed as acceptance of such concepts or differences in any context. The inscriptions attributed to Askoa by the historians the British history writers and the Indian historians, who faithfully followed actually pertain to three different personalities

6      Asoka the Jaina ruler flourished during 1400 BCE

6      An Indian King who conquered all Indian and foreign Kings up to Egypt including Persia, Greece, Egypt rulers.

6      Askoa the Buddhist ruler flourished 250 BCE.

But, the historians clubbed them and declared as Asokan Rock Edicts, wherein, the owners of inscriptions have been clearly given as follows:

1. Devanampiya / Devanampriya.
  2. Piyadasi / Priyadarsi.
  3. Piyadasan / Piyadesan.
  4. Devanampiya Piyadasi.
  5. Devanampriya Piyadarsi.
  6. Asoka (Only Maski and Gujjar inscriptions).

Coming to the material evidence, the stupas built were in existence when Hiuen Tsang visited Kashmir. When he was there, evidently, Kashmir was dominated with Buddhism. As the stupas are not found now, it is evident that after 7th century, they were destroyed by the Muslims. Incidentally, the name of Kasmira does not occur in the Rock Edicts attributed to Asoka. Thus, it is evident that the Asokas mentioned here are different. Thus, the inscriptions of both Asokas must have been mixed up and they have to be separated. Here, it has to be noted that if the inscriptions of Asoka, the Jain are separated, they have to be placed at c.1400 BCE, which the British did not want, as then, the date of Indian script goes before the Greeks.

Kashmiris know the fact about the existence of Asoka at least 900 years before the Asoka of historians. Therefore, doubting Kalhana is doubting history and that is what exactly done by the British history writers with their unhistorical methodology. Not only that, they also started suppressing and destroying such books which tell the truth about Asoka. H. H. Wilson in his The Hindu History of Kashmir has recorded interesting details on Asoka, which are repeated by F. M. Hassnain as follows:

Nagas ruled over Kashmir before 1260 BCE, while Asoka of Kashmir started his reign in 1182 BCE. This has resulted in creating a confusion about the Asoka of Kashmir. Hence, it appears that the Asoka of Kashmir is some different personality from the Asoka of Magadha. Kasmiri Asoka was the son of Sachinara and great-grandson of Sakuni, while the Indian Asoka was the son of Bindusara. There is gap of 900 years between the two. Indian Asoka was the chief patron of Buddhism and he deputed missionaries to various countries, the Kashmiri Asoka patronized the Buddhist as well as the Saivist faiths. While edicts of the Indian asoka contain detailed description of the countries, where Buddhist missionary activities were patronized by him. None of the edicts contain the name of Kashmir in it. Not a single inscription or edict of Asoka has been located in Kashmir, which is a mountainous country.

H. H. Wilson in 1849 maintained that there was nothing demonstrably Buddhist in any of the Rock Inscriptions, attributed to Asoka. The expression Devanampiya Piyadasi was forced to indicate Asoka and the debate among Wilson, Kern, Burnouf, Senart, Buhler, Prinsep, Burgess and others clearly expose their unhistorical intention rather than historical compulsion for such identification. Though, D. R. Bhandarkar pointed out thatH. H. Wilson ventured to dispute Asokas faith and Edward Thomas held that Asoka was a Jaina at first but became a Buddhist afterwards, he maintained that Asoka was a Buddhist without even whispering about the Asoka of Kashmir. As usual Vincent A. Smith (1848-1920) sat on the issue and decided that Asoka was the Buddhist who issued the inscriptions and thus, Indian history was placed within the sheet anchor chronology. He used to respond in the Journal of Royal Asiatic Society, whenever, any view was expressed about the identity of Asoka or taking antiquity before 326 BCE.

I would be grateful, if our "history" friends could throw more light on the subject matter.

History is not what was written or is written, but it is actually what had happened in the past.
Hick View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Hick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 22:16
what do you mean by this quote sir care to explain?

"An Indian King who conquered all Indian and foreign Kings up to Egypt including Persia, Greece, Egypt rulers"
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 05:07

"An Indian King who conquered all Indian and foreign Kings up to Egypt including Persia, Greece, Egypt rulers"

This quoted Sentence is totaly wrong historicaly. Please show your source or give us a link, thanx.

Edited by sirius99 - 02-Mar-2007 at 05:16
Anfører
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 10:15

1.     The fact that at there were two Asokas had been known to the British scholars in the context.

2.     As pointed out one Asoka of Kashmir flourished during c.1400 BCE. He is mentioned as a Jain or Buddhist suppoting Saiva religion also.

3.     Another personality, as identified by the British as Asoka flourished during c.270 BCE., who is projected as a Buddhist, but the grand son of a Jain, who had chosen to come to Sravanabelagola and die facing north.

4.     So, if we go by the interpretation the British and based on the Rajatarangini, the following are the possibilities:

Asoka, the Jain Ruler flourished c.1400 BCE in Kashmir Based on Rajatarangini).

Asoka, the Buddhist fourished c.1400 BCE in Maghada (based on Rajatarangini and Puranas).

Asoka, the Jain Ruler flourished c.270 BCE in Kashmir (Edward Thomas, H. H. Wilson).

Asoka, the Jain converted to Buddhism flourished c. 1400 BCE / c.270 BCE (Edward Thomas).

Asoka, the Buddhist fourished c.270 BCE in Maghada (most of the modern historians).

5.     However, in identifying the countries mentioned in the inscriptions and the kings thereof, the scholars have not been unanimous. Therefore, in between, there must have been a king who conquered the countries mentioned and he could be Vikramaditya, as he has also been suppressed and dubbed as mythical king by the British.

History is not what was written or is written, but it is actually what had happened in the past.
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 18:02
lol i am kashmiri and never heard of him.
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 19:46

OK!

As you declared in a single stroke that the Sangam literature is myth in another posting, here you have passed judgement as a "Kashmiri" that you "never heard of him".

Poor, Kalhana should be ressurected to make you believe.
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 19:54
i guess he wasn't very important figure in our kashmiri history if ever he existed that is.
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 20:19

OK.

I think, I am not a match for you to deal with.

After much guessing, you feel that Kalhana has anything to do with Kashmir, kindly tell.
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 20:24

Just give me evidence that he did have something to do with kashmir, so far you haven't provided any evidence.

M. Nachiappan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 06:24
Is it not intriguing, a person with a name "Kashmiri" questioning the credentials of Kalhana as - " lol i am kashmiri and never heard of him". Is he so ignorant about Kalhana or has audacity to ask -

"Just give me evidence that he did have something to do with kashmir, so far you haven't provided any evidence.

Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 08:41

The Buddhist texts clearly talk about two Asokas existed:

A celebrated Indian king of the Morya dynasty which reigned at Magadha. There were two Asokas in reality, according to the chronicles of Northern Buddhism, though the first Asoka -- the grandfather of the second, named by Prof. Max Muller the "Constantine of India", was better known by his name of Chandragupta. It is the former who was called, Piadasi (Pali) "the beautiful", and Devanam-piya "the beloved of the gods", and also Kalasoka; while the name of his grandson was Dharmasoka -- the Asoka of the good law -- on account of his devotion to Buddhism. Moreover, according to the same source, the second Asoka had never followed the Brahmanical faith, but was a Buddhist born. It was his grandsire who had been first converted to the new faith, after which he had a number of edicts inscribed on pillars and rocks, a custom followed also by his grandson. But it was the second Asoka who was the most zealous supporter of Buddhism; he, who maintained in his palace from 60 to 70,000 monks and priests, who erected 84,000 topes and stupas throughout India, reigned 36 years, and sent missions to Ceylon, and throughout the world. The inscriptions of various edicts published by him display most noble ethical sentiments, especially the edict at Allahabad, on the so-called "Asoka's column", in the Fort. The sentiments are lofty and poetical, breathing tenderness for animals as well as men, and a lofty view of a king's mission with regard to his people, that might be followed with great success in the present age of cruel wars and barbarous vivisection.

How the Asoka of Kashmir is different?

Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 22:14

So, you say that Chandragupta Maurya was the first Asoka, also known as "Kalasoka" and the second one was "Dharmasoka" i.e, the real Asoka attributing the inscriptions to both. But the following questions arise:

1. Both belong to Maurya dynasty, but Kalhana's Asoka is different.

2. According to you, then, the first Asoka followed Jain religion and issued iscriptions with titles Devanampiya etc., which tallies with the view of Edward Thomas.

3. Then, the inscriptions of two Asokas are to be identifiued and separated.

4. Then what about the inscriptions and stupas of Asoka of Kashmir?

Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 11:35
i dont doubt that there were two asokas but still there is no proof that he ruled over all of kashmir, may be small parts of it but that is also debatable because of lack evidence of him being there.
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 07:26

As you are in Kashmir, you can post the monuments for the benefit of readers.

I am also trying to get photos.
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 07:30

Here some photos are available:

http://www.indiamonuments.org/Kashmir.htm

Mentioned as the site of 4th Buddhist council.
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 01:40

The discussion of George Buhler, E. Hultzsch and John Faithful Fleet on Kalhana, Rajatarangini, Kashmir history, chronology of India, and connected issues:

First, let us see what Buhler writes:

I would not fill the intervals between the historically certain dates of Asoka, Kanishka and Durlabhaka by cutting down the years of the kings placed between them by Kalhana. But, I would altogether ignore all Kashmirian kings for those existence we have no evidence from other sources, be it through Indian or foreign writers, or through coins, buildings and inscriptions. If Kalhana had merely given stories reported by Suvrata and other predecessors, there might be a hope that we could re-arrange them. But, we do not know what materials he had, nor how he traced them, if any particular case he lengthened or shortened the reigns and if he disposed or added kings or not. General Cunnighams constant search for Kashmirian coin, which as I learn from his private letters is attended with good results, will eventually throw a great deal of light on this dark period of Kashmirian history. Full certainty regarding the era of Guptas, which now seems to be near at hand, will also assist in settling the dates of some kings especially of Toramana, Matrigupta and Pravarsena.

For the period which begins with the Karkota dynasty not much remains to be done. The discovery of the initial date of Saptarishi or Laukika era which I obtained in Kashmir, makers it possible to fix the reigs of Avantivarman with perfect accuracy. The beginning of the Saptarishi era is placed by the Kashmirians on Chaitra Sudi I of the twenty fifth year of the Kaliyuga amd 24th year, or 1148 AD, in which Kalhana wrote, is consequently the Saptarishi year 4224. For,

From Kaliyuga 25 to the beginning of the Saka era is 3154

From Saka Samvat 1 to Kalhanas time (1148 AD) is 1070

---------

Total Saptarishi years 4224

--------

My authorities for placing the beginning of the Saptarishi era in Kali 25 are the following. First, P. Dayaram Josti gave me the subjoined verse, the origin of which he did not know:

कलेगतैः सायक नेतऱ सपतषिवया खिदिवं पयाताः।

लोके हि संवतरपतरिकायां सपतषिं मानं परवदंति संतः॥

Kalergathaiha sayaka netra varsaiha saptarshavarsha kidhivam prayataha

Loke hi samvasarapatrikayam satarsha manam pravadhanti santaha.

[For authority, I have typed the verse, but for certain words, I could not add reflexions etc., so excuse me for such wrongly appearing typing]

When the years of the Kaliyuga marked by the arrows and the eyes (i.e, the five and two, or, as Indians dates have to be read backwards, 25) had elapsed, the most excellent seven Rishis ascended to heaven. For in the calendar used in the wold the virtuous declare the computation of the Saptarsishi (years to begin from that point). Pandit Dayaram explained the verse as I have done in the above translation and added that each Saptarishi year began on Chaoitra Sudi I and that its length was regulated by the customary mixing of Chandra and Sauramanas.

The correctness of his statement is confirmed by a passage in P. Sahebrams Rajatatangini sangraha where the author says that the Saka year 1786 (AD 1864) in which he writes, corresponds to Kali 4965 and to Saptarishi or Laukika Samwat 4940. One of the copyists, to, who copied the Dhvanyaloka for me in September, 1875, gives in the colophon, as the date of his copy, the Saptarishi year 4951. These facts are sufficient to prove that P. Dayarams statement regarding the beginning of the Saptarishi era is not an invention of his own, but based on the general tradition of his country. I do not doubt for the moment that the calculation which throws the beginning of the Saptarishi era back to 3076 B.C., is worth no more than that which fixes the beginning of the Kaliyuga in 3101 B.C. But it seems to me certain that it is much older than Kalhanas time, because his equation 24 = 1070 agrees with it. It may therefore be safely used for reducing the exactness the Saptarishi years, months and days mentioned in his work to the years of the Christian era. The results will be thus obtained will always closely agree with those gained by General Cunningham, who did use of the right key. (Indian Antiquary vol. Ed. 1877, pp.264-268.)      

About Rajatarangini E. Hultzsch writes from Bangalore in the context

In the matter of the adjustment of Kalahanas chronology, Prof. Wilson considered in the subjects in the remarks attached to his abstract account; and Gen. Sir. A. Cunningham has dealt with in 1843, in his paper on the ancient coinage of Kashmir in the numismatic Chronicle, Vol. pp. 1-38. But no very satisfactory results at least for the early period, have as yet been attained, As good as illustration of this as can be wished for, is to be found in connection with the king Mihirakula. His initial date as deduced from Rajatarangini itself is Kaliuga Samwat 2397 expired or B.C. 704; and the end of his reign, seventy years later, Prof. H. H. Wilson brought him down to 200 B.C. (loc. Cit. p. 81). And Gen. Sir A. Cunningham arrived at the conclusion that he should be placed in A.D., (163 loc. cit. 18). With the help. however, of newly discovered inscriptions, which are the really safe guide, Dr, Fleet (ante. Vol XV , p252) has now shown  that his true date was un the beginning of the sixth century A.D, that as nearly as possible the commencement of his career was in 5215 AD and that AD 530, or very soon after, was the year in which his power in India was overthrown, after which he proceeded to Kashmir and established himself there. This illustrates very pointed by the extent of the adjustments that will have to be made in Kalhanas earlier details; and furnishes us with a definite point from which chronology may be regulated backwards and forwards for a considerable time. A similar earlier point is provided by Kalhanas mention, in Taranga I, verse 18, of Turuksha king Kanishka, who, according to his account, was anterior by two reigns to BC 1182, the date of the accession of Gonanda III, but who us undoubtedly the king Kanishka, from the commencement of whose reign in all probability runs the Saka era, commencing in 77 AD. And a still earlier point is furnished by Kalhanas mention of king Asoka in Taranga I verse 101. According to Kalhana, he stood five reigns before 1182 BC (E. Hultzsch, second paper in Indian Antiquary, Vol.XVIII, pp.65-66).  

Kalhanas narrative opens with a fragmentary account of 52 kings who were supposed to have reigned for 1266 years. The earliest definite strasight-point taken by him is the Coronation of Yudhistira; his authority for which (verse56) is a verse given by Varahamihira in the Brihat Samhita XIII-3, as being according to the opinion of Vriddha Garga.

When king Yudhistira ruled the earth, the (seven) seers (i.e, the constellation of Ursa Major) were in the (Nakshatra) Magha; the Saka era (is) 2526 (years after the commencement) of his reign. Accordingly, the coronation of Yuddhistira took place 2526 years before the commencement of the Saka era, or at the expiration of Kaliyuga Samva 653 (verse 51) and in 2448 BC. Kalhana himself was writing (verse 52) in Saka Samvat current i.e, 1148-49 AD.

At this present moment in the twenty-fourth Laukika year (of the popular Kashmiri reckoning by cycles of a hundred years) there have gone by one thousand years increased by seventy of the Saka era. And as an intermediate point, but now arrived at he does not expolain, he had the accession of the fifty-third king Gonanda III, which took place on the whole, roughly 2330 years before his own time i.e, in 1182 BC (Ibid. p.66). [emphasis added by me].

The above discussion clearly points out the following:

6      The scholars knew the importance of Kalhanas work in Indian history and chronology.

6      The dates mentioned have close linkage with the era followed, which tallies.

6      However, they wanted to reduce the reign of many Indian kings, leave some kings conveniently with scant regard for history.

6      They knew the Asoka of Kashmir, who was ruling before the Maurya Asoka.

6      Kalhana places him in 1448-1400 BCE, which upset their chronology, because, all the existing monuments, inscriptions, coins and other evidences had to be separated to these periods.

6      Incidentally, there had been reports about the missing of certain manuscripts of Rajatarangini also.

I would be very much obliged, if the AE members could throw more light on the subject matter.

Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 08:07
Some friends are trying to connect Tamils with Kashmir.

They can go through this and link the subject matter.

The relation between Tamils and Kashmiris must have taken place through Saiva exponents.

Of course, the Siddhas who interacted between China and India also must have stayed at Kashmir as "stop-over" place or research / study centre. Or there could be a University?

Scholars have to study carefully to bring out the facts.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 11:55
Originally posted by Kashmiri

lol i am kashmiri and never heard of him.

Where in kashmir are you from?
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2007 at 10:22
I think in "Kashmiri Genetics", Pathan has made such statement : " Kasmir was as ruled by Tamils for a long time. i would say 80% of the kashmiri genes are Tamils.

Kashmiri Saiva religion has been important aspect in Indian context.
ishwa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ishwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2007 at 19:31

Kuru Vamsha

Pariksh*ta I Kauravya

|

Sudhanus

Suhotra

Chyavana

Krti

Vasu Uparichara  

|

Brhadratha branch

Brhadratha I

Kushagra

Rshabha

Satyahita

Pushpavat

Shuchi

Sudhanvan

Jantu

Nabha

Sambhava

Brhadratha II

Jarasandha         

Jayatsena Jaarasandhi

KASHMIRA KINGS

The principle and memorized names from other works are given below by Kalhana. It is not an exhaustive list. There may be gaps between and within the ancient Kulas.

Gonandiya Kula

The first king of Kashmir Gonanda I was a relative (bandhu) of Jarasasandha of Magadha (Rajatarangini I 59).   

1. Gonanda I

2. Damodara

3. Rajni Yashovati

4. Gonanda II Bala

34 kings names unknown/lost

Ajnata-kula

Skipping over "lost kings" we come to Lava of an unknown family.

Lava

Kusha

Khagendra

Surendra

Anya-kulodbhavah
After this family, Godhara of another family or anya-kulodbhavah ruled (I 95).
Godhara
Suvarna
Janaka
Shachinara
Ashoka
Jalaukas
Damodara

Turushka Kula (Turvasus?)

Hushka

Jushka

Kanishka

Abhimanyu I

Gonandiya Kula

This Gonanda was the first of a new dynasty (1st Taranga, verses 52 and 49)

Gonanda 1181-1146 B.C.

Vibhishana I

Indrajit

Ravana

Vibhishana II

Nara I

Siddha

Utpalaksha

Hiranyaksha

Shaka Kula

Hiranyakula 826- 766 B.C.

Vasukula

Mihirakula

Baka

Ksh*tinanda 573- 543 B.C.

Vasunanda

Nara II

Aksha

Gopaditya

Gokarna

Narendraditya Khinkhila

Yudhishthira Andha

Pratapaditya Kula

Pratapaditya, a relative of Vikramaditya (not the Shakari; II 6) became king.

Pratapaditya 179- 147 B.C.

Jalaukas 147- 115 B.C.

Tunjina 115- 79 B.C.

Anya-kulajah

After a couple of generations a Vijaya (from another family: anya kulajo II 62).

Vijaya 79- 71 B.C.

Jayendra 71- 34 B.C.

Sandhimati-Aryaraja 34 B.C. - 14 A.D.

Gonandiya Kula

After him, Meghavahana of the Gonandiya family was brought back from Gandhara. His family ruled for a few generations, upto A.D. 78.

Meghavahana

Tunjina (Shreshthasena Pravarasena)

This is followed by great gaps (Kushana rule, not mentioned), upto the time of the Hunas Hiranya (Mihirakula) & Toramana.

Hunas

Hiranya & Toramana c. 513- ?

Matrgupta (usurper) c. 530-c. 535 ?

Gonandiya Kula

Pravarasena c. 535 - c. 545

Yudhishthira c. 545 - c. 555

Lakhana Narendraditya  c. 555 - c. 558

Tunjina Ranaditya c. 558 - c. 604

Vikramaditya c. 604 - c. 615

Baladitya c. 615 - 627

Karkota Kula

Durlabhavardhana Prajaditya 627-632