Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cat dreams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cat dreams
    Posted: 18-May-2009 at 23:06
I had the weirdest dream and I have heard similar stories from coast to coast am listeners.

I thought I awoke but my eyes were still shut but I felt a cat jump up on my large bed and I could feel it walk close to my face and lay down. I then could feel and hear it purrr. I really woke up and nothing was there but it seemed so real. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them. I do not own a cat.

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 23:40
Is this a plug for Coast To Coast or just some bizarre day in the life of our renowned eaglecap?
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 23:44
Originally posted by Seko

Is this a plug for Coast To Coast or just some bizarre day in the life of our renowned eaglecap?

Not a plug for coast to coast but only to show I am not totally insane-

I once heard people call in about cat dreams but that was not as bad as when people were calling in because they thought they were a horse in another life.

I like the train image:

Edited by eaglecap - 19-May-2009 at 00:11
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 00:23
Originally posted by eaglecap

I had the weirdest dream and I have heard similar stories from coast to coast am listeners.

I thought I awoke but my eyes were still shut but I felt a cat jump up on my large bed and I could feel it walk close to my face and lay down. I then could feel and hear it purrr. I really woke up and nothing was there but it seemed so real. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them. I do not own a cat.

Surelly you was suffering some of the symptons of the "Sleep Paralysis"

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 00:33
Originally posted by Ikki

I had the weirdest dream and I have heard similar stories from coast to coast am listeners. I thought I awoke but my eyes were still shut but I felt a cat jump up on my large bed and I could feel it walk close to my face and lay down. I then could feel and hear it purrr. I really woke up and nothing was there but it seemed so real. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them. I do not own a cat.

Surelly you was suffering some of the symptons of the "Sleep Paralysis"

Funny, ocast to ocast am has talked about that and it is possible. I wonder what causes it? or maybe it was the ghost of a long dead cat-
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 01:00

Funny, ocast to ocast am has talked about that and it is possible. I wonder what causes it? or maybe it was the ghost of a long dead cat-

I hope no! Big smile

I learned about this problem because my sister: she used to feel paralyzed while sleeping and then she had the feeling of a presence in the room, sometimes approaching to her face or pushing her down, so i think you have experienced something like that. Of course is related with the brain and neurons, it's a possibility Wink 

Edited by Ikki - 19-May-2009 at 01:00
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 19:41
Originally posted by Ikki

I hope no! Big smile

I learned about this problem because my sister: she used to feel paralyzed while sleeping and then she had the feeling of a presence in the room, sometimes approaching to her face or pushing her down, so i think you have experienced something like that. Of course is related with the brain and neurons, it's a possibility Wink 

I had it happen once before but a long time ago when I was a kid about seven . I thought I was awake and I reached down to scratch my knee and suddenly a hand grabbed my hand and I woke up. Another time after seeing an old movie "The crawling hand" it happened. I thought I was awake but I saw a big gorilla walking towards my bed so I let out a huge scream but I was only six. I think the gorilla has a name tag- seko I think- LOL

coast2coast talked about it and in some cases this dream state sounds very scary.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 19:51
I once had a dream where I stepped on this six year old's hand and then I went ape sh*t on his leg. He let out a big scream. They now call that guy, 'wounded knee'!

Edited by Seko - 19-May-2009 at 19:53
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 20:40
Originally posted by Seko

I once had a dream where I stepped on this six year old's hand and then I went ape sh*t on his leg. He let out a big scream. They now call that guy, 'wounded knee'!

so it was you!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 21:58
I get sleep paralysis sometimes. Ranged from thinking there was a mouse on my bed to there being a man (or thing) looming over me about to attack me and I can't move or scream, or someone actually holding me down. It's not very nice.

Eaglecap, Do you know what Freud would say about this? If you do, tell me, because I haven't a clue. Sigh, soon these exams will be over...And now my own narcissism is taking over. I have to stop now, why must my superego torment me?!

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 22:09
Originally posted by Dolphin

I get sleep paralysis sometimes. Ranged from thinking there was a mouse on my bed to there being a man (or thing) looming over me about to attack me and I can't move or scream, or someone actually holding me down. It's not very nice.
Eaglecap, Do you know what Freud would say about this? If you do, tell me, because I haven't a clue. Sigh, soon these exams will be over...And now my own narcissism is taking over. I have to stop now, why must my superego torment me?!

I am not really sure what Freud said about this but look it up and let us all know. I am sure there are a ton of people who have had this happen to them but they will not admit it.

I once knew someone who told me they thought they were waking up but felt frozen and saw this ugly demonic creature float over them. This was before I knew about this phenomena so I told them quit smoking that whacky tobakeee- Many of the stories on coast to coast am, when people called in, were like this or even worse.

I know one time I thought I was awake but I could not move and felt someone sit next to me while I was in bed. I could feel the bed sink like somehone had sat down but I was alone. It sort of freaked me out a bit but I figured it was a dream.

We have stray cats so maybe one got in and laid next to me or close and I heard it purrr.

The theories about Sleep paralysis range from chemistry in the brain, REM sleep to the Metaphysical but I found this web site but it is one of many:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art48233.asp

I found this site had a better explanation:
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/articles/general/sleeppar.html

Edited by eaglecap - 19-May-2009 at 22:28
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 22:31
Thanks, Eaglecap. Apologies for the idiosyncratic nature of my posting, I am half mad with stress. Funny how last year I had nothing prepared for the exams and bounced my way through them, whereas this year I have more done and feel twice as bad...I think this time I know what I don't know, which is worse than blissful ignorance :)

Back to topic. Maybe the cat means something to you that you don't realise?! Like it signifies something you won't normally admit? Or maybe, you just dreamt of a cat.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 22:37
Originally posted by Dolphin

Thanks, Eaglecap. Apologies for the idiosyncratic nature of my posting, I am half mad with stress. Funny how last year I had nothing prepared for the exams and bounced my way through them, whereas this year I have more done and feel twice as bad...I think this time I know what I don't know, which is worse than blissful ignorance :)
Back to topic. Maybe the cat means something to you that you don't realise?! Like it signifies something you won't normally admit? Or maybe, you just dreamt of a cat.

No worries! I been there and done that and I am glad I am out of college. Stress could be part of it but some believe it is super natural or even; ghost, demons, gremlins and big gorillas named Seko-

If anyone esle has had sleep paralysis fess up and tell your story:

Funny I think my late Greek grandfather or Papoo had one. I heard the story about him falling asleep next to a fig tree and then waking up to see little people dancing around him. This happened in Greece so maybe they were Greek elves; you can tell by the ouzo bottles.

Edited by eaglecap - 19-May-2009 at 22:47
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 15:13
In Malay culture.. what i heard from many people.. if a girl dreamed about getting bitten by a snake.. she's gonna be married soon..Tongue
Talking about prophecy through someone's dream... I had dreamed many times which were related to that reptile even in different species.. Yeah right!! nothing happened till now.. OuchLOL

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 15:53
Having just read about sleep paralysis I feel that I have experienced it before, although I'm not entirely sure. Occasionally I will have an extremely vivid dream in which I am in someway not able to respond to some immediate danger. Usually this comes from a feeling of paralysis through fear, as if I am too terrified to act. I don't recall these dreams ever reflecting that I was asleep though (as in something approaching me while I slept), instead they seem to realistically reflect my life outside of the bedroom.

In many ways this feeling has stuck with me outside of dreams and I often gain a hint of the sensation when extremely frustrated or worried. It feels as if my arms are tensed, but if I attempted to move them they would not respond and my feet seem rooted to the ground. I suppose this fear has stuck with me a little because once, as a child, for an unknown reason I did lose response from my neck muscles and my arms while swimming which nearly resulted in my drowning until I managed to kick to shore. My neck would no longer lift and was consequently floating face down in the water.

Whether this is, indeed, the feeling associated with sleep paralysis I am unsure, but it seems right.

EDIT: In hindsight I do recall dreaming of someone entering the room while I was in bed and being unable to move on more than one occasion.

Edited by Zaitsev - 20-May-2009 at 15:56
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 21:49
Originally posted by Zaitsev

Having just read about sleep paralysis I feel that I have experienced it before, although I'm not entirely sure. Occasionally I will have an extremely vivid dream in which I am in someway not able to respond to some immediate danger. Usually this comes from a feeling of paralysis through fear, as if I am too terrified to act. I don't recall these dreams ever reflecting that I was asleep though (as in something approaching me while I slept), instead they seem to realistically reflect my life outside of the bedroom.In many ways this feeling has stuck with me outside of dreams and I often gain a hint of the sensation when extremely frustrated or worried. It feels as if my arms are tensed, but if I attempted to move them they would not respond and my feet seem rooted to the ground. I suppose this fear has stuck with me a little because once, as a child, for an unknown reason I did lose response from my neck muscles and my arms while swimming which nearly resulted in my drowning until I managed to kick to shore. My neck would no longer lift and was consequently floating face down in the water.Whether this is, indeed, the feeling associated with sleep paralysis I am unsure, but it seems right.EDIT: In hindsight I do recall dreaming of someone entering the room while I was in bed and being unable to move on more than one occasion.

It sounds like it to me!!

I remembered a number of years ago we went to eat some sea food in New Port Beach, California and I got really sick from the crab. I went home and just laid in bed sick for days but I remember, on one day, waking up but I could not move at all. I felt pressure on me like someone was lying on top of me and then somehow I moved my hand or thought so and I grabbed a hand. I asked who is there and heard a voice that said, "I am jive man." I awoke and nobody was there and I was home alone but that is the worse case for me. I have read about cases far worse than mine but the dream about the cat was really nothing.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 22:22
Originally posted by cahaya

In Malay culture.. what i heard from many people.. if a girl dreamed about getting bitten by a snake.. she's gonna be married soon..Tongue
Talking about prophecy through someone's dream... I had dreamed many times which were related to that reptile even in different species.. Yeah right!! nothing happened till now.. OuchLOL

If you have had one currently, it may come true (regarding to the Norse guy)Wink
Anfører
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2009 at 00:31
A few months ago I dreamt I was in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge regime. I was in the trunk of a car with two kids in the front seats, one with a machete and the other with a machine gun, who were discussing which people they were going to kill.

It was arguably the scariest dream I've ever had, but still it's cool to dream about historical events.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2009 at 19:13
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

A few months ago I dreamt I was in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge regime. I was in the trunk of a car with two kids in the front seats, one with a machete and the other with a machine gun, who were discussing which people they were going to kill.It was arguably the scariest dream I've ever had, but still it's cool to dream about historical events.

Were you frozen and not able to move during the dream. If not then it was probably not sleep paralysis. I think the strangest one I had years ago was when I was alseep and woke up or thought so. I flew up through my roof and above the clouds and then I started to see the stars and blackness. I remember saying I wanted to see God so suddenly the most vivid spiral universe appeared before me and I felt frozen so I panicked and woke up.
 Post Reply Post Reply