Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE split and current members?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Huscarl View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Huscarl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE split and current members?
    Posted: 29-Sep-2009 at 11:08
Firstly, I have always enjoyed AE, yet have no "allegiance" or preference to either website since AE split, nor any desire to go into the reasons why it happened. I am posting purely as a member of both sites and this post is mirrored exactly on each, with no deviation or favour. I'm also not aiming to 'tread on toes', but merely to speak frankly how i see things.

I am posting this directly because of the above-mentioned event because, since it happened, I have noticed a distinctly off-putting 'Cold War' atmosphere on both sites, also a lack of attention and response to posts made (on either/both) by myself.

Not that I want 100% attention to my posts or am I desirous of an immediate reaction (I'm happily an admin of my own website!) , but surely, under these unique circumstances, a more eager response by the admins or veteran members should be highly expected in order to welcome to junior/new members in order to encourage them to post more often?

Isn't that the intention - to encourage more traffic? What impression does the dearth of activity, or effort made, give to junior members of a site?

Just my observation.Wink
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2009 at 12:49
I do not think that the lack of repsonse is due to any effort to ignore you. Instead, the lack of response is due to slow traffic. 

If your posts are in specialized topics, then the already slow traffic rate is going to really impact the number of responses as the few active members may feel that they lack the specialized knowledge to make a response. Please stick around, once traffic increases, the statistical number of posters with specialized topic knowledge will increase and so will the responses.

Edited by Cryptic - 29-Sep-2009 at 14:03
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2009 at 13:01
Originally posted by Huscarl

Firstly, I have always enjoyed AE, yet have no "allegiance" or preference to either website since AE split, nor any desire to go into the reasons why it happened. I am posting purely as a member of both sites and this post is mirrored exactly on each, with no deviation or favour. I'm also not aiming to 'tread on toes', but merely to speak frankly how i see things.

I am posting this directly because of the above-mentioned event because, since it happened, I have noticed a distinctly off-putting 'Cold War' atmosphere on both sites, also a lack of attention and response to posts made (on either/both) by myself.

Not that I want 100% attention to my posts or am I desirous of an immediate reaction (I'm happily an admin of my own website!) , but surely, under these unique circumstances, a more eager response by the admins or veteran members should be highly expected in order to welcome to junior/new members in order to encourage them to post more often?

Isn't that the intention - to encourage more traffic? What impression does the dearth of activity, or effort made, give to junior members of a site?

Just my observation.Wink

I don't know what kind of response your looking for?  As far as I'm aware, we have made a concerted effort to answer questions and address the situation.  If your expecting me to sit up rollover etc. sorry fresh out o time. 

What impression does the dearth of activity, or effort made, give to junior members of a site?
This makes me question your alleged non partisan position.  There isn't a dearth of activity, for certain.  As for effort, well look at the number of posts per day by the admins and mods.
BTW the other side has almost as many admins and mods as they do active members.

FROTHINGSLOSH 

Huscarl View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Huscarl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2009 at 13:09
Redclay, thanks for answering.

I don't expect or want you or anyone to "roll over"Cry, can you please quit the sarcasm and apparent paranoia? "Out of time"? Erm, I don't know what you're referring to, but I don't think I want to, thanks, leave me out of the bitterness, please.

No need to get uptight or defensive, I was posting exactly the same post in both forums (hence the point you raised about 'dearth'), and again- I have no preference or loyalty, so please put away the comments of me siding one way or another.. which I don't, despite sarcasm.

I thought I'd post my impressions as I see them "on both sides" Confused and, clearly they apparently aren't appreciated here.

Cryptic, thanks for your reply. Yes, you're probably right. People have been busy even in late summer I suppose.

Edited by Huscarl - 29-Sep-2009 at 13:12
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2009 at 13:24
Huscarl, you are yourself an admin of your own website and has certainly worked hard for it, what will you do, if some members of your website betray you, register a domain name, like englistory.net, and go there?! Who is doing wrong, the founder of the original website or those who created the fake website?
I see no split, the original website of AE has been always allempires.com, it is possible that some other ones who have seen the success of this website, create another similar websites like allempires.co.uk, allempires.biz, allempires.us, ... but you know about the fate of these fake websites.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2009 at 17:51
Originally posted by Huscarl

Redclay, thanks for answering.

I don't expect or want you or anyone to "roll over"Cry, can you please quit the sarcasm and apparent paranoia? "Out of time"? Erm, I don't know what you're referring to, but I don't think I want to, thanks, leave me out of the bitterness, please.

No need to get uptight or defensive, I was posting exactly the same post in both forums (hence the point you raised about 'dearth'), and again- I have no preference or loyalty, so please put away the comments of me siding one way or another.. which I don't, despite sarcasm.

I thought I'd post my impressions as I see them "on both sides" Confused and, clearly they apparently aren't appreciated here.

Cryptic, thanks for your reply. Yes, you're probably right. People have been busy even in late summer I suppose.

Your reading an awful lot into my post that just isn't there.  The sarcasm is, it's my way.  It isn't reserved for any certain event or person, I am an equal opportunity smart a**. Big smile

Your "impressions" certainly are welcome.  However, it's unrealistic to expect me not to reply, especially when I don't agree or have been misunderstood.

Oh, on the paranoia thing, I have nothing to be paranoid about.

FROTHINGSLOSH
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2009 at 14:59

There is no split. Allempires.com (registered 2002 ) is and has always been the original. It's just that there are some sites around that imitate us.  One faker even claims that our AE.com ( reg. 2002) is the younger one, and theirs ( registered a year ago or something ) is the original !! Confused

The hard registration data show clearly that such is just nonsense and our AE.com ( reg. 2002 ) established by Cyrus is the genuine one   :

Copycats know this very well, so have to defend their recent existence by other means,  like fabricating stories full of slander and fictional events. Thumbs Down Only people who rely on stories instead of data and facts, fall for such stuff. 

Next to the registration facts, it 's only here where the old threads which started many years ago, continue and are open for contributions. Imitation sites lack this feature of authenticity.

Edited by Sander - 30-Sep-2009 at 20:12
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2009 at 00:35
I should mention here that AllEmpire History Website is not just a forum, as I see about that fake website, that is just a dead forum, there are some links to other parts of AllEmpires History Website but almost none of them work, "The Main Site", "The Magazaine", "The Library" are all the same and direct you to another dead forum which is almost empty, "The E-Books" goes to a "page not found", in fact that vain website seems to be just similar to AE because of its name.
 Post Reply Post Reply