Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE friendship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE friendship
    Posted: 20-Jul-2011 at 17:05
I got some thougths about AE forum and all of us.
We come from different parts of the world, got different characters, are interested in different things, some of us are strong individuals, some think that everything in the world comes from Iran while others think somthing completelly opposite. Most of us have more or less normal life and problems which it bring to us everyday. But we all meet here, wherever we are from and whoever we are, simply to exchange our vievs and opinions, to share our thoughts and somtimes even to make friends in the different far sides of the world.
This forum like any other must be administrated and moderated. We may like our admins and mods more or less but every reasonable person must admitt that someone has to moderate our posts which not always are clever and reasonable, somtimes everyone of us tend to write before thinking what he writes about. And somtimes our posts are directed against other members or even mods or admins.
I dont remember when I did join this forum but think it was 2002 or 2003. I have survived the rules of tons of mods and quite many admins. And Im still here inspite of being warned and banned several times. When Iv heard that CV became mod I decided to leave this forum for good and not come back. However someone has found me somwhere else and convinced to come back which I did, because I REALLY LOVE THIS FORUM. I think it was first such forum in history and that it should still exist and maybe in the future once again become what it was in the past, a place where hundriends or thousands of people do exchange their opinions and learn somthing new (I did learn a lot here) about history, current events and people.

So I do belive that there is really no real, valid, important reason why some of us should dislike the others. We all should be tollerant towards others, members should be tollerant towards admins and mods, admins and mods should be tollerant in contact with us - regular members. In other words we all should love one each other. And always we should remember, that person who is criticising our post, is not ciriticising us.

So.... in other words I wish to see Ron and CV virtually kissing themselves, forget all their past conflicts, and all of us following their example.

Edited by Mosquito - 20-Jul-2011 at 17:05
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2011 at 17:17
Wise words alright.....apart from the virtual kissing, yuk.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 20-Jul-2011 at 17:18
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2011 at 17:36
Originally posted by Mosquito

I got some thougths about AE forum and all of us.
We come from different parts of the world, got different characters, are interested in different things, some of us are strong individuals, some think that everything in the world comes from Iran while others think somthing completelly opposite. Most of us have more or less normal life and problems which it bring to us everyday. But we all meet here, wherever we are from and whoever we are, simply to exchange our vievs and opinions, to share our thoughts and somtimes even to make friends in the different far sides of the world.
This forum like any other must be administrated and moderated. We may like our admins and mods more or less but every reasonable person must admitt that someone has to moderate our posts which not always are clever and reasonable, somtimes everyone of us tend to write before thinking what he writes about. And somtimes our posts are directed against other members or even mods or admins.
I dont remember when I did join this forum but think it was 2002 or 2003. I have survived the rules of tons of mods and quite many admins. And Im still here inspite of being warned and banned several times. When Iv heard that CV became mod I decided to leave this forum for good and not come back. However someone has found me somwhere else and convinced to come back which I did, because I REALLY LOVE THIS FORUM. I think it was first such forum in history and that it should still exist and maybe in the future once again become what it was in the past, a place where hundriends or thousands of people do exchange their opinions and learn somthing new (I did learn a lot here) about history, current events and people.

So I do belive that there is really no real, valid, important reason why some of us should dislike the others. We all should be tollerant towards others, members should be tollerant towards admins and mods, admins and mods should be tollerant in contact with us - regular members. In other words we all should love one each other. And always we should remember, that person who is criticising our post, is not ciriticising us.

So.... in other words I wish to see Ron and CV virtually kissing themselves, forget all their past conflicts, and all of us following their example.

A commendable and laudable goal and comments.

But....as I told you elsewhere it isn't about love.

And I will be frank as it is due you in honest return.

I don't give a damn about being well liked here or any forum I have been on or might be on....or in the non internet world I have been on for nearly six decades.

As a poster...member or member of the staff. Not my responsibility...... nor is it my inclination.

My responsibility here is to participate in an educational and competent and respectful manner as per the CoC.

So it is with my responsibility as a member of the staff. To attempt to be as unbiased and as fair and objective as I can, in both roles.....and I have succeeded.

Whether that is liked, disliked, appreciated and or commended or rejected in a subjective, viewpoint by anyone else is moot.

I have many friends here, (many new members here came because I suggested they do that for the very reasons you expound)  and on other venue's. And I have many friends and associates elsewhere so whether I make any or lose any...here or there... will not stop me from doing and  being what I am.

I never justify my conduct.....on occassion I will apologize for it....but that is neither required here nor is a defense of my prescence or my participation. That already speaks for itself.

So let that be understood as my final word on all this.

Because again quite frankly; very few here know me or my experience or my past. And I don't care if they do or they don't. Because I don't recall seeing any of you in the airplane with me at 1600 feet at 3:00 am...waiting for the 'green light'.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 20-Jul-2011 at 17:48
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2011 at 17:45
You shouldnt be such... let me find word.... or even invent it.... you shouldnt be such robespierric

And this forum did work quite well before this CoC was even invented.

Edited by Mosquito - 20-Jul-2011 at 17:47
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2011 at 18:37
And, I sir, did not see you next to me on a small boat in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, or in a Huey or Blackhawk, or along the Mexican border, readying to intercept a smuggling vsl, aircraft or body carries.

Nor did I see you when I was on Presidential Candidate protection details, etc.!

I dare say that I do respect what you have done for America, and I salute you for it.

But we do not have to compare our past duties for America, with each other. It seems that both of us have done things far and above what was expected from us, and it was done because of "duty", "duty", and to defend the Constitution of the USA.

So, I say forget it!

I am age 65 at least upon my birth day next month, and I don't like to be treated as a child, as I assume is the same with you. So, please box up your time as a paratrooper, or pilot, etc., at 1,600 feet, waiting for the green light, and stuff it.

I am not overly impressed, but I applaude you for your service, dedication, duty and loyalty.

So, take your pick. You can either kick me off of this site or you can KMA! Got it!

Since you began to impede conversation on this site, it has all of the undertakings of a real SNAFU!

So take your pick?

Regards, as always,

Sorry Mosquito, it seems that CV actually brought out my balls!

Edited by opuslola - 20-Jul-2011 at 18:39
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2011 at 18:59
So, take your pick. You can either kick me off of this site or you can KMA! Got it!

No need yet Ron... this post wasn't either a spam or a troll as your merely stating an opinion insofar as the 'op' and responses.Big smile

but be careful with this type stuff...Since you began to impede conversation on this site, it has all of the undertakings of a real SNAFU!

That is trolling.Wink

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2011 at 21:46
Did any of you older members ever have a meet on this great site?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2011 at 16:27
Originally posted by liskovac

Did any of you older members ever have a meet on this great site?

Not sure what you mean by that.  If you meant a face to face real time meeting, no.  We tried to organize one some time back, too much to overcome.  And most of us are too spread out. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply