Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total War Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What is your favorite one?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [11.76%]
9 [26.47%]
20 [58.82%]
1 [2.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total War Series
    Posted: 19-Apr-2005 at 09:26
I just wanna know.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2005 at 13:33

MTW. RTW tried to hard to please but failed. Also, Middle Ages atract me much more than Rome. The longer timespan also helps.

Honestly, I think there should have been a MTW2 rather than a RTW.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2005 at 17:24
Originally posted by Frederick Roger

MTW. RTW tried to hard to please but failed. Also, Middle Ages atract me much more than Rome. The longer timespan also helps.

completely agree.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2005 at 23:18
agree here also.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2005 at 23:20
I must say that there are elements in RTW that would be great in MTW. There currently is a big petition in the works to get CA to not stray too far.Lets hope for MTW 2.

Shoggy has no votes but it is a great little game with its small campaign and big battle maps.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 09:14
I took the lame option and voted all.
Really i wanted a blend of RTW and MTW somewhat.
Arrrgh!!"
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 10:05
Originally posted by Cywr

I took the lame option and voted all.
Really i wanted a blend of RTW and MTW somewhat.
OOPS! I was thinking about that, until the bell rang for the next class, so I didn't have any time to so, srry.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 14:17
thats about to happen to me
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 14:28
Shgun. The gameplay really fitted its historical context, the Sengoku Jidai, whereas the others didn't. The feel of a game means much to me. I haven't played RTW though.

Edited by Styrbiorn
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 16:32
Shogun- the game that started it all. And my personal favor is in Japaneese history
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 01:43
Makes me want to pick up a quick game of shoggy. Anyone ever play the warlord campaign with the mongols?
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 09:56
I think RTW is the best of the Total War series. Very kool campaign map. I like when your armies are walking, and your fleets floting in the water. I also like the automanage button for your battles and for your settlements. Very good game.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 06:02
RTW is the best by far. The graphics and gameplay are much better than MTW and STW. MTW was just wierd because i found my self just auto-simulating the battles and winning every time because the 3d battles were just stupid. On MTW once i had 8 troops in a castle vs 1500 saracen infantry or something like that and somehow they still won. In RTW theres at least a challenge.
esadbodur View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote esadbodur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 06:32
yes rtw is far realistic and city government is more variable and units make lots of diffrent things like cantabrian cycle or testudo or flaming arrows
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 15:15

Originally posted by Catt

Makes me want to pick up a quick game of shoggy. Anyone ever play the warlord campaign with the mongols?

yeah, i once played with Mongols and won in no time with basically using horse archers only, rather boring but the end video was cool  

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 19:19
It is just the opposite if you play as a clan against the mongols. One battle seems like hours, the mongols always want you to pursue them and never engage.
But it was fun.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 15:09
using harbours you can amass quite some force from all over japan in the mongols' strating province, and if you're lucky to beat them in the following battle, you've won the campaign after one round!  but if you want to play the hard way, use a lot of strategical units like ninjas as the Mongols lack morale especially in the early stages of the campaign, and make massive use of the crossbows and later on cavalry, the only Mongol troops you have to fear are the horse archers, Korean guardsmen and the heavy cavalry if you lack spearmen with much morale. javelineers and grenadiers can also be nasty if you let them close enough.

Edited by Temujin
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 02:14
Originally posted by Frederick Roger

Honestly, I think there should have been a MTW2 rather than a RTW.

I agree with both points here.

I would like to see a game spanning from 350 to about 800, including the entire Vlkerwanderung, the Sassanian Persians, the fall of the Western Roman Empire, the arrival of the Avars, and the rise of Islam etc.
intem View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote intem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 01:40
should have add shogun total war: warlord edition coz i liked to rape the japanese with mongolian forces along with the chinese and the koreans.
J.T.I.J
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 07:50
I like Rome Total War for the Rome Total Realism mod. It makes it much more accurate. I do like the Middle Ages better, but the graphics are no way close to as good as Rome Total Realism. It is no fun to auto-simulate battles, except for sieges. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>