Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lazy researchers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lazy researchers
    Posted: 18-Nov-2014 at 19:24
Don't like em.

In fact were they in a class of mine. And I found out they didn't try as an individual...to research an assigned topic. But rather depended constantly on the good graces of others and or certainly initially expected it without even making an attempt to self research it.

I'd fail them.

There may be a fine line between initiative and being stumped and subsequently seeking out others. But you can bet I know it. Because I have the platform experience and credentialing to see it when I do.

This forum has a long history of supporting scholastic researchers by those who either have the credentialing to guide them or point them in a profitable direction. Or others who have the work and life experience to render credible advice. Or both.

But when a 'member'...especially a new one.... doesn't even put the 'q' into the right sub generally it's indicative their either:

(and by the way that sub should be here: Q&A http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=34)

a. lazy

b. ignorant of the forum structure initially (which might be forgivable if they ever come back and continue to share their efforts or opinions).

c. Or their nothing more than gawdamn trollers and spammers probably from the PRC using a UK ip.

So in keeping with my old buddy's practice of if they don't show and continue to post after 48 hours. They go into the trash heap.

Up in my icon area it says 'retired' AE Mod. And so I am. But that did not strip me from assisting when I'm able... in helping the staff control bullshit.

So for you potential researchers...real or feigned... remember that.

We welcome the former and will assist in the spirit of historians lay or professional.... the record clearly shows it... but 'I' won't tolerate the latter.

CV

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 18-Nov-2014 at 20:56
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply