Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Al Qaeda Detainees "Disappear" Under US Custody

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Al Qaeda Detainees "Disappear" Under US Custody
    Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 21:20

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041011/ap_ on_re_us/disappeared_suspects_1

All these human rights organizations are really pissing me off.  Who cares if a bunch of dirty terrorists are being killed to extract information that can save lives?  These peope need to realize we don't live in a fairy tale and that their criminal-coddling gets decent people killed.

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Shifty Russian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Shifty Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 21:38
Originally posted by Genghis

Who cares if a bunch of dirty terrorists are being killed to extract information that can save lives? 

I don't care.

A quote from the article

"In refusing to disclose the prisoners' whereabouts or acknowledge the detentions, Human Rights Watch said, the U.S. government has violated international law, international treaties and the Geneva Convention. The group called on the government to bring all the prisoners "under the protection of the law.""

What a joke... they broke the law - and now these idiots want the criminals  "under the protection of the law". If im correct - islamic persons believe in eye-for-an-eye. Let them have it. 

I'm Shifty Russian, Suka
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2004 at 13:13
If they are terrorists I dotn care what happens to them, the worst the better, however a large amount of evidence has shown that some if not many poeple in secretive US custody are not proven terrorists but suspected terrorits, theres a big difference.  He release people all the time for not actually being terrorists, but Im concerned that there may be more.  Especially American citizens who have constitutional rights to be charged openly with a crime and the right to contest it.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2004 at 20:50
Look at the names, these are Al Qaeda's head honchos, not little peons who might not be guilty.  And it's not even a big number, it's just 11.
Member of IAEA
 Post Reply Post Reply