Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dubai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dubai
    Posted: 23-Jul-2006 at 09:28
Jazakallah khayr Azimuth for the pics!

I really enjoyed staying at Dubai last summer as it left me with one of the most satisfying memories I've ever had. 

Apart from it being a highly developed economy and infastructure, I really admired the diversity of its citizens.   Listening to the local radio channels, I heard a variety of languages from Russian to Urdu.   Walking around the busy streets, I noticed a range of tourists and expats from various nations. 

I loved the energy in the city and also enjoyed the neighboring Sharjah and Ajman where real estate property is somewhat more afforable.  I understand that they will complete their metro system quite soon.  This will certainly be another feather in Dubai's notable hat. 

I yearn to go back to Dubai one day.  Again, thanks a million for the pics..brought  back great memories...

"Not one American Christian in a hundred realizes that if he lived in Israel, he would be the victim of official discrimination forced...to carry an identification card" - Joseph Sobran
dirtnap View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote dirtnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 15:13
This one is going for the record.

Preobrazhenskoe View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Preobrazhenskoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 16:49
It's official, Dubai is one of the most spectacular places on the planet. Excellent pictures, Dirtnap. I can't believe how much the city has changed since the early 90s!

Eric
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 17:12
OMG, these Dubai threads just blow me away!  The way Dubai has been booming is flabbergasting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123