Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Pomak Language - a Bulgarian dialect?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Pomak Language - a Bulgarian dialect?
    Posted: 01-Jul-2006 at 08:43
Originally posted by Bulldog

Tangra I applaud you, people like you will take Bulgaria forward! The beautiful country needs beatiful minds [IMG]height=17 alt=Smile src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

Yeh bulldog and ur not one of them.

Edited by tsar - 01-Jul-2006 at 08:43
pomak35 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote pomak35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 06:36

i believe that pomaks have got more slavic specialities than bulgarians so they have lived in ukraine for (apprx)400 years because of pomak language contains at least %40-50 of ukrainian slavic dialect. There are many similarities between ukrainian/russian tongue and tradition. For ex... we have got surname/progeny attachments as like as toskuski, phirushski, shanski, lavranski etc......And pomak tongue is pure than bg dialect...

Meanwhile im a pure pomak from tr

Regards

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 09:45
pomak35, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here. 
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 12:04
Welcome to the forums, Pomak35!
Is the Ukrainian influence you're talking about from the middle of the 19th century, when around 100 000 Bulgarians (maybe Pomaks too?) fled together with the Russian army to nowadays Romania, Ukraine and Russia? Or is it from some other time and reasons?
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 15:31
Originally posted by NikeBG

when around 100 000 Bulgarians (maybe Pomaks too?) fled together with the Russian army to nowadays Romania, Ukraine and Russia? Or is it from some other time and reasons?

I would say this is unlikely, because Pomaks fought the Russians.

My humble opinion is that Pomaks decended from the Bogomils.
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 19:35
The Bogomils were not an ethnicity, but a Christian heresy. There's absolutely no reason for them to have had separate dialects...
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 10:41

Originally posted by pomak35

i believe that pomaks have got more slavic specialities than bulgarians so they have lived in ukraine for (apprx)400 years because of pomak language contains at least %40-50 of ukrainian slavic dialect. There are many similarities between ukrainian/russian tongue and tradition. For ex... we have got surname/progeny attachments as like as toskuski, phirushski, shanski, lavranski etc......And pomak tongue is pure than bg dialect...

Welcome, dear MUSLIM BULGARIAN.

1. My dialect sounds also different from the official bulgarian language.
2. In my dialect are also many similarities with the ukrainian language.
3. Your examples, are very good examples from the bulgarian language.

So we are speaking bulgarian language and we are bulgarians, but with different religions.
pomak35 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote pomak35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 08:11

Hilmiy: Klko si godn?

Orhn: Ye som/ asam na on-doks  devetnadeset correct one...

we use these phrases (red signed) when we speak pomak language in tr. i think some differences belongs to local dialects but we count as like as anno/adin-dve-tre-chetri-pet... When we had came in tr (1905-1910) our grandparents had got nothing about turkish
Regards
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 00:23
Originally posted by NikeBG

The Bogomils were not an ethnicity, but a Christian heresy.

I did not mean to say otherwise nor did I imply that they spoke a different dialect.

Bogomils were persecuted by the church, they were not attached to Christianity as much, so they readily endorsed Islam.

Regarding your thesis that Pomaks could have left with the Russians, I still doubt it. Pomaks were fervent supporters of the Ottoman Empire, for the Russians and Bulgarians they were an enemy, so there is no reason for Pomaks to have fleed with the retreating Russians. In fact the opposite
 was observed, many Pomaks fled with the Turks as Christians invaded the Rhodopes, especially during the 1878 and 1912 wars.

Edited by bg_turk - 06-Aug-2006 at 00:27
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 04:51
Originally posted by bg_turk

Pomaks were fervent supporters of the Ottoman Empire, for the Russians and Bulgarians they were an enemy
many Pomaks fled with the Turks as Christians invaded the Rhodopes, especially during the 1878 and 1912 wars

The one reason for these things was their religion. They are muslims(thanks to the turks, naturally) and because of that, they symphatized to the other muslims, but not to the giaurs, and they were always with the other muslims against the christians.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123