Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conquest of Mexico

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conquest of Mexico
    Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 13:43
Thanks, Rider. It was meant to be longer, but it didn't work out that way
Timotheus View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Timotheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2006 at 01:03
Ah. I did not know that.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 13:54
Originally posted by Majkes

I think Aztecsbeliefs are very important. Cortez didn't manage to persuade all tribes conquered by Aztecs to stand on his side. One of his biggest battle was against a tribe ( don't remember its name ) who he hoped will help him to defeat Aztecs. Aztecs belived that Cortez have rights to take over thepower in Tenochtitlan.
I've read thatAztecs weapon was rather to injured enemies not to kill them. They wanted to have as many prisons as possible to sacriface them later to their Gods.

Hi Majkes, allow me disagree with you. The psaniards allied with totonacs and huaxtecs after their arrival to Veracruz. Both were tributarian to the Mexica Empire ( Not Aztecs ). The spaniards reinforeced with their allies of the Gulf of Mexico moved then inner land into the Valley of Mexico, were they battled to the Otomies that allied few later to Cortez, then battled with Tlaxcala , the most hated mexica enemy kingdoom. Otomies, Huaxtecs, totonacas and tlaxacas with a handfull of spaniards then destroyed Cholula. Cholultecas then joined also the alliance against the Mexicas. During the siege of Tenochtitlan, Cuahutemoc tried to motivate to the Tlaxcas to change sides as well to the Purepechas. Tlacopan and Texcoco decided to surrender and join to the spaniards.
After the defeat of the Mexica empire, the spaniards used the natives of the Gulf and Central Mexico to conquer to the Purepechas, Caxcanes, coras and huicholes from western mexico. Mexican natives were brought to the spaniards to conquer Phillipines and fight agaisnt the seminoles in Florida and the large campaing agaisnt the mayas in southern Mexico and Central America. Used also as frontier guards against the chichimecas and comanches in the northern mexican states.

Cortez opposed a 150,000 army agaisnt a 150,000 population city. Without the hope of reinforcemants , in the middle of an epedimey of an unknown desease brought by an african slave that came from Cuba, supplies of watter were cut off as well.

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 03:48
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

I think Aztecs beliefs are very important. Cortez didn't manage to persuade all tribes conquered by Aztecs to stand on his side. One of his biggest battle was against a tribe ( don't remember its name ) who he hoped will help him to defeat Aztecs. Aztecs belived that Cortez have rights to take over the power in Tenochtitlan.
I've read that Aztecs weapon was rather to injured enemies not to kill them. They wanted to have as many prisons as possible to sacriface them later to their Gods.

Hi Majkes, allow me disagree with you. The psaniards allied with totonacs and huaxtecs after their arrival to Veracruz. Both were tributarian to the Mexica Empire ( Not Aztecs ). The spaniards reinforeced with their allies of the Gulf of Mexico moved then inner land into the Valley of Mexico, were they battled to the Otomies that allied few later to Cortez, then battled with Tlaxcala , the most hated mexica enemy kingdoom. Otomies, Huaxtecs, totonacas and tlaxacas with a handfull of spaniards then destroyed Cholula. Cholultecas then joined also the alliance against the Mexicas. During the siege of Tenochtitlan, Cuahutemoc tried to motivate to the Tlaxcas to change sides as well to the Purepechas. Tlacopan and Texcoco decided to surrender and join to the spaniards.
After the defeat of the Mexica empire, the spaniards used the natives of the Gulf and Central Mexico to conquer to the Purepechas, Caxcanes, coras and huicholes from western mexico. Mexican natives were brought to the spaniards to conquer Phillipines and fight agaisnt the seminoles in Florida and the large campaing agaisnt the mayas in southern Mexico and Central America. Used also as frontier guards against the chichimecas and comanches in the northern mexican states.

Cortez opposed a 150,000 army agaisnt a 150,000 population city. Without the hope of reinforcemants , in the middle of an epedimey of an unknown desease brought by an african slave that came from Cuba, supplies of watter were cut off as well.

Ok, You are right Jalisco. I'm not going to argue with Mexican about Mexican historyWink. I just wanted to point that not all tribes in Mexico joined Cortez against Aztecs. What was the name of the tribe who although was enemy of Aztecs nevertheless fought against Spanish?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 22:30

Ok, You are right Jalisco. I'm not going to argue with Mexican about Mexican historyWink. I just wanted to point that not all tribes in Mexico joined Cortez against Aztecs. What was the name of the tribe who although was enemy of Aztecs nevertheless fought against Spanish?

By the way, the Conquist was a very curious and cahotical thing. Remember that Spaniards usually fought against Spaniards as well.
People usually forget the invasion was directed by the "private enterprise" rather than the state. The Conquistadors were the ancestors of modern CEOs and acted like them LOLLOL

On the Native side, most Natives accepted Spaniards and many fought at their sides. Only few stand against them, but some stand so hard that defeated the Spaniards!

Pinguin

Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 20:44

Hello Majkes, both Tlaxcaltecas and Purepechas were Mexica enemies. Both fought against the spaniards. Only tlaxcas became an effective ally of the spaniards on the conquest of Mexico
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 17:19
Jalisco Lancer, do You know what was the reasons that Mexica enemies fought against Spaniards? Normally enemy of my enemy is my friend. That would be very interesting to know.
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 18:16
spaniards were completelly strangers
that drived the hostility of the tribal groups
plus, it was not unknown the existence of the spaniards at Cuba by excahnges or caribeans with the gulf of mexico groups
somehow, they were alerted that the europeans were invaders
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12