Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Future of the World

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Larus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Larus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future of the World
    Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 11:14
Originally posted by Dolphin

Jesus will return, codemn all the heathens to damnation, start an entry-fee based entrance to heaven scheme and emigrate to Switzerland.

I like "Resident Evil 3" ending with the world of  Millas Jovovich better.

Es_BiH,
 Yes, we at agree on that.LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 12:27
Originally posted by Larus

4. All Spanish countries of Latin & Central America will unite & Spain will become a part of this Latin American confederation.
Same as Portugal- why would Spain leave EU to join South American troublesome economies?

AngryAngry LOL Wink

Yeap. I know the image of South America is not pretty good, particularly if you see BBC...
However, South American economies are not as bad as you believe. Let me show you something.

Growth

South American made planes

Cars:

Satelites

Subway cars made in Brazil:

Infrastructure

Sao Paulo
Acceso%20a%20uno%20de%20los%20tneles%20de%20So%20Paulo.

Santiago

Venezuela oil

Chile's Codelco mine trucks, that are in the process to be drive by robots

-----------------

Now, back to the point. Spain is very interested in keep its link with Latin America today and since long time ago. Spain is a country of just 40 million people. Latin America has 600 million people. And if you add to that the growing Hispanic market in the U.S., with 40 million people already and growing fast, you got the picture.

Besides, EU could be rich and stable, but Latin America has a lot more potential for growth.

Edited by pinguin - 17-Nov-2007 at 12:47
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2007 at 10:55
yesss im certain the USA will admit there folly and tear up the declaration of independance and become a colony again lol.

as peace loving as the canadians are and as much as canadians and americans have in commen, strangly i think its the most unlikely of the various political unions listed to happen.
Dont know if im way off the mark, australians and new zealand sounds very very unlikely too, atleast i hope so, god help the england team if australia and the all blacks ever combine
long live the king of bhutan
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2007 at 10:57
nice pictures pinguin, i might pay chile a visit when i can afford it.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2007 at 13:55
I love Chile...Its so progressive
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2007 at 01:48
Originally posted by longshanks31

If you do, send me an e-mail.
ConradWeiser View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ConradWeiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2007 at 02:04
I have a question: Whats with all the merging nations? History has shown, ever since WWI, nations have been doing the exact opposite.

I really don't see much more merging nations in the next few decades. Instead, judging by the pattern we've seen so far, I expect countries to divide further; though the very success of the European Union and the emerging global economy may spark more economic unions.

As far as political unions, I don't see anything heading the world's way. 
Another year! Another deadly blow!
Another mighty empire overthrown!
And we are left, or shall be left, alone.
-William Wordsworth
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2007 at 04:59
I foresee globalization in the future if companies keep expanding away from their countries and government...
Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2007 at 06:21
We will live on Mars.

Then we will overpopulate that too, and think about Venus.

THen we will drop all the women in Venus, and the men can stay in Mars.

We will travel to earth annually to reproduce.
Mughal e Azam
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2007 at 11:23
Originally posted by ConradWeiser

I have a question: Whats with all the merging nations? History has shown, ever since WWI, nations have been doing the exact opposite.

I really don't see much more merging nations in the next few decades. Instead, judging by the pattern we've seen so far, I expect countries to divide further; though the very success of the European Union and the emerging global economy may spark more economic unions.

As far as political unions, I don't see anything heading the world's way. 

Its interesting to look at old atlases to see how borders change and then change back again, its morbid but lives lost to change then more lost to change back.
I have an atlas thats over one hundred years old and for many parts of the world its very accurate for borders today, if you would have looked at it thirty years ago it was mostly wrong.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2007 at 11:26
Originally posted by pinguin

Originally posted by longshanks31

If you do, send me an e-mail.

will do pinguin, likewise if you pay uk a visit pm me.
chile will be a few years away i think, im planning to go to italy for three years, three years in rome will be fantastic, but its like most capital cities being very expensive
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2007 at 19:56
Well, Chile is expensive comming from Europe and visiting Europe is expensive going from here as well. It is too far away.
If you want to swim, the Caribbean or Brazil is better and if you look for Archeology the place in South America is Peru, and in the Americas is Mexico. If you want to get impress for the size of the societies or looking for wilderness, Brazil is the place. However if you come to sky, fly fishing, climb mountains, getting to know wineries, visiting deserts and glaciars, mines, or astronomical tourism, the place is here.

Edited by pinguin - 21-Nov-2007 at 19:58
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2007 at 00:21
ah if chile is the place for wineries then its no contest, hiccup, chile it is.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2007 at 03:07
Well, if you preffer drinking tourism Chile has a lot to offer. All of the producers of Wine, Pisco and Beer offer tourist routes to enjoy. Try the train of wine.

Then the pisco tours

And then go to Valdivia Kunstmann Beer Festival

Just don't drink and drive...

Edited by pinguin - 22-Nov-2007 at 03:09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123