Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want to see some really nice ancient civ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bilal_ali_2000 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bilal_ali_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to see some really nice ancient civ
    Posted: 18-Nov-2007 at 16:26
    I am somewhat of a pencil artist which i do for artistic self satisfaction. And when i am in a mood to express myself i take a paper and a pencil  to scribble away. Since i became interested in history increasingly i have been drawing pictures of ancient civilizations of indus, Egypt and mesopotamia (mostly of ziggurats) in those sessions. Now they are the most numerous in my collection after the pictures of ... well you know that subject which artists depict the most.
    So i thought about sharing them with the people here. However even though i am a computer professional i have by sheer conincidence never ever used a scanner or know much about one. So anyone who knows about scanners please guide me on my scanner purchase as i don't own one right now and have to buy one. And could any one please tell me that how can i host them here.
    The pictures i really great (if i say that so myself) and i think that the people here will really like them.

Edited by bilal_ali_2000 - 18-Nov-2007 at 16:46
bilal_ali_2000 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote bilal_ali_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2007 at 16:30
    Sorry intended to post this n AE tavern posted it here by mistake.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2007 at 19:49
I moved it to Gaming and Information Technology for you Bilal. As for scanners, I'm no expert but major brands like HP, Canon.etc should be sufficient. It might be best just to talk about it to a retailer at an Electronics store. To upload scans you could create an account at Photobucket.com (image hosting), and host your scanned images there. Other sites are imageshack and imagehosting. The AE upload tool may not host a file the size of scans. Still worth a try. Any problems, there's an array of people around who'd be willing to help out.

- Knights -
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2007 at 22:40
I'm considering buying one myself, for similar purposes (scanning pics for use as base in game graphic creation). Search around the net to see what scanners artists prefer, is my suggestion.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2007 at 06:36
In fact, a great person to ask would be AE's own Portugeuse sensation - JP Vieira. He's a great artist, and should have some sound advice about scanners.
 Post Reply Post Reply