Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is aging inevitable?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is aging inevitable?
    Posted: 06-Dec-2008 at 11:27
drink lots of H2O.. tht's wht people say.. to delay the process of aging..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2009 at 15:31
You can't delay the process of aging... unless we're talking relative aging. Technically I suppose you could run really, really fast and live a split second longer according to outside observers. Possibly. Alternatively you could be disintegrated, halting your body's aging as a coherent unit.

Now if we're talking about physically and mentally degrading, then I don't think you can halt this with your mind. Death happens as they say. Perhaps letting go of fear of death may reduce your stress and lengthen life slightly, but it may also result in you performing hardcore bicycle stunts in your late sixties and shattering every piece of what was once bone in your body. You should stick to water sports. At least that way no matter what happens you can feel good knowing that the young people that see you wearing speedos suffered much more.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2009 at 16:14
I don't think I can do something with my mind. As I said, I think the degradation of mind and body is the result of autosugestion. If you don't accept (don't believe) in what science say, is possible to stop the degradation process and with God's help to get ride of the effects that allready took place, I mean to return to the perfect physical condition.

And I must say that I experiment this in my life (I'm 36) with each day I feel better and look younger, have more energy and optimism.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2009 at 19:45
So far, drinking a lot of alcoholic beverages has kept the angel of death away from my bed! Of course it has also taken all of the virgins away from it also! Laugh!

Seriously, if remember correctly, aging is akin to "rusting", that is oxygen is both our life and the cause of our distruction. It is actually harmful to the human body to exist upon pure oxygen, IE body parts "rust" or "age" faster.

It is a real case of "damned if you do, and damned if you don't!" chuckle!

Edited by opuslola - 24-Nov-2009 at 06:04
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234