Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying an Essay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying an Essay
    Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 19:43
Last week I replied to a perfectly unsuspicious magazine ad for a staff writer vacancy.

The company responded today, it turns out they are a company selling essays to students and the job is writing them.

I've read their literature and understand the process from the writer's point of view. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or knows of anyone who has had any experience as a buyer from these companies?

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 20:28
Do it. I'm sure students will be crying out for your insights.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 20:41
Why would you want to sell your own original research, if that is what it is in the first place, to further the academic dishonesty that is already rampant in higher education?

Why not use it, if it is legitimate, in your own educational endeavors?

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 20:42
Come on BE, I'm sure Paul's stunning command of the English language could help out some poor student, struggling with the demands of aspiring academia.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 20:46
Originally posted by Parnell

Come on BE, I'm sure Paul's stunning command of the English language could help out some poor student, struggling with the demands of aspiring academia.

Trust me, as an educator myself, I have seen some pretty bad ones.  However, although I am generally a pessimist, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. LOL

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 11-Mar-2009 at 20:48
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 20:47
Originally posted by Parnell

I sense sarcasm here!!!! LOL
It simply allows people to go the lazy way by cheating and it is wrong. How can you learn about writing if you use someone else’s research? I have heard about these companies but I do not know anything about them. Thanks for informing us Paulywog
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 20:48
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Why would you want to sell your own original research, if that is what it is in the first place, to further the academic dishonesty that is already rampant in higher education?

Why not use it, if it is legitimate, in your own educational endeavors?

I didn't say i was going to do it.

1. In a degree essay you use no original research generally, it's just hacking together three or four secondary texts with a certain formula and you get a a 2.1 it's not difficult.

2. I left education a long time ago, I have no need ever to write an essay again.

3. I believe the main buyers are foriegn students at UK universities who come from countries where all exams and grades are buyable. They speak English as a second language so struggle on the courses but have invested so much in coming here they wish to take a good grade back home.

Edited by Paul - 11-Mar-2009 at 20:50
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 20:53
Well, it'd be a good way to make Niehart's works more well known.

Edited by Mixcoatl - 11-Mar-2009 at 20:54
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 20:54
Originally posted by Paul

I didn't say i was going to do it.

Don't do it then.  Rather, go to your local university and offer services as a tutor to these students.  I tutored as an undergrad and it was quite fulfilling educationally and financially.

1. In a degree essay you use no original research generally, it's just hacking together three or four secondary texts with a ceratin formula and you get a a 2.1 it's not difficult.

This does not make it right.

2. I left education a long time ago, I have no need ever to write an essay again.

Still does not make it right.

3. I believe the main buyers are foriegn students at UK universities who come from countries where all exams and grades are buyable. They speak English as a second language so struggle on the courses but have invested so much in coming here they wish to take a good grade back home.

Still does not make it right.  See my first reply above.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2009 at 05:20
I don't think anyone was saying that it was right.
 Post Reply Post Reply