Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History as no one else knows!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History as no one else knows!
    Posted: 03-Sep-2010 at 16:47
Well I guess Red, I should apply for graduate school right away? I would suggest that you read an old book that helped a lot of people a number of years ago, it is entitled "How to Win Friends and Influence People!", perhaps in your superb studies you might even have heard of it?

Actually my wife majored in accounting! Yes, life is Hell!

Continuing thanks for your support!

http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2010 at 18:32
I guess I have created a popular site? Lots of posts! Mayabe it is even making some of you really reasses your ideas and beliefs?

If so, then I am making some headway!

The word "headway" is an old nautical word or description of a vessel in the water that is making "Way" or progress! Head, is when they are actually making "way" in or at the "heading" (a compass point) that the sailor desires!

So maybe this sailor is indeed "making way?"

I will continue to make some postings designed to make you think, and guide you towards some new understanding of both the past, and those who really wrote the past, and their motives, etc.!

By the way, I would ask you to disregard that man in the corner, under the blanket, pulling the levers! (some of you might even know why I wrote the prior sentence? ) He is but a "land-lubber!", and knows of nothing but horses, and horse excretement, etc.!

I would rather take some of you upon a "Sea Voyage" of a type! It is full of "Peoples from or of the Sea or Isles!", as well as others!

Here you will be asked to consider, wether or not, Venice can be considered as the same as Phoenice? Or "Phrygia" the same as "Frigia?" Amongst other wonderful things!

So, for those of you with "open minds", please continue to read this space; and again, please ignore those people waving their hands, pulling upon levers, and turning dials, etc., in the corner!

They are merely "palm readers!", or magicians! Their magic is old and pervasive in the World today! But, they were and still are, merely a bunch of Charlatans! And the noise they make is merely "Chatter!"

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 03-Sep-2010 at 18:43
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2010 at 21:48
The "Tomato Master" earlier wrote these words which can be found above; "I find it amusing that whenever anyone responds to Fomenko's idiocy in a negative light, then they haven't read Fomenko's gargle. Not only are his ideas crap but he then goes on to try and prove his nuttiness by using statistical equations. The problems arise when you try and use those same equations to prove his math. DWNH!!!! [Don't Work No How"

Dear "master", I just don't think that you are able to understand connections? Fomenko makes literally hundreds of connections, most quite simple and "matter of fact" that connect our modern view of historography to reality!

That is this "group" lists connection after connection that ties past actions now considered seperated by hundreds of thousands of years, as a composit of one semi-real history that happened in the period of our currently considered past as 1000 CE to 1700 CE, or neary by!

I just fail to see how anyone (with a modicom of intelligence) can read page after page of such connections which are found in Vol's I and II of "History; Fiction or Science" without becoming a believer?

At best, it is only because these people have not really read the material, but they have merely dismissed it based upon the opinion(s) of others, who probably have also not really read the material!

The easy way out for people like this is to denigrate the intelligence of both those who might well support the Fomenko theory, as well as diminish the intelligence of, or the specialty, of those who instigated the theory!

I am just proud that I do not have to reply in kind!

Regards to all,

PS; Emeritus, meaning;

"adj.
Retired but retaining an honorary title corresponding to that held immediately before retirement: a professor emeritus.

n., pl., -ti (-tī').
One who is retired but retains an honorary title corresponding to that held immediately before retirement.

[Latin ēmeritus, past participle of ēmerērī, to earn by service : ē-, ex-, from; see ex- + merērī, to deserve, earn.]"

Edited by opuslola - 03-Oct-2010 at 21:55
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2010 at 13:32
I have actually wasted 5 times the amount of energy on this subject than it's worth.  There are no connections here.  Fomenko's theories are a pile of crap that no one ever paid much attention to.  If you want to believe this silliness, you go right ahead.  Just don' expect anyone else to take you seriously. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 14:57
Dear red clay, I don't really expect you especially to take me seriously! You would be the last person for me to make any type of impression upon!

You are stuck in your ways and beliefs, and refuse to even consider anything that could bring down the stone walls of your beliefs!

Have you every tried growing your "tomatoes", (I just loved that Vice President), in a water solution?

It is caled "hydro" something!

Regards,
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2010 at 16:03
To Dream Weaver, if he indeed still lurks in the shadows!

http://books.google.com/books?id=0YdJAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA438&lpg=PA438&dq=antonio+acciaiuoli&source=bl&ots=4fpn4demDe&sig=D8ewfwkc3fnHyeUlkHtq5nO_8SQ&hl=en&ei=6U0KTZFsw_3wBq3m8Z8B&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=antonio%20acciaiuoli&f=false

Back it up to page one, etc.!

Please read all of this site? If you wonder why I consistantly mentioned "ancedote", or "assumptions", or "point of view", etc., in a lot of my postings, then this site might well explain my views?

I could have used the word "perhaps", in the above sentence, but the site above uses it enough for both of us!

Edited by opuslola - 16-Dec-2010 at 16:09
p,c,ma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote p,c,ma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2010 at 21:25
Play nice children.

Or at least use some real insults.

Though if you want my opinion (and I'm sure no one does) calm down and think about, find loopholes in each other theories (shouldn't be hard).

Edited by p,c,ma - 16-Dec-2010 at 21:29
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2010 at 16:56
My dear Hunter, it is my beliefs that underline the "loopholes" in the currently followed chronology!

I merely show the points of contention, defenders merely "defend" the old views!

Redclay and I have bantered for a long time in a similar manner! We certainly do not need dirty invictives to make clear our distain for others beliefs!

I do not really know the man, do I cannot dislike him, but I have read some of his attacks upon me, and I know that he serious about his beliefs!

Certainly I feel I hold him in more esteem than he does me!

The same can also be said of DreamWeaver!

There is an old proverb; "Don't come to a gunfight armed only with a knife!"

Edited by opuslola - 17-Dec-2010 at 16:59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123