Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confessions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confessions
    Posted: 14-Sep-2010 at 11:49
I think we all enjoy becoming better people.  We might not agree on what it is to become a better person, but I think we can agree about the qualities that makes us less attractive, and sometimes cause a problem for ourselves and others.   It is very hard to change somethings about ourselves, and we need help in these areas.  Confessing our wrongs and asking others to help us keep aware of a desire to change, when we are acting out of bad habit, is a pretty powerful way to motivate change.   I will begin by confessing what I believe is my worst fault and asking your help in changing. 

I think my worst fault is being condescending.  This is being disrespectful and that is not okay.  If Red Clay were to prevent me from participating for a week, every time I was condensing, perhaps my motivation for not doing so would be stronger than my compulsion to do it.    Just feeling guilty about someone else being hurt by my bad behavior isn't enough, because I keep canceling out that guilt by rationalizing if I am disrespectful, it is the other person's fault. 

Help!  When I am condensing please quote me and use this  Thumbs Down emoticon.   I will attempt to reword myself, and if I get it right, please use this  Thumbs Up to reinforce my effort to do better.   Perhaps you can suggest how I could say something better, or a thought I could use to be self correcting.  

Do you have a confession to make and idea of how we can help you?   Perhaps you need to exercise more or eat better and loose weight, and you can let us know what is happening and we can give you a thumbs up or thumbs down.   As friends meeting in the tavern, we might enjoy encouraging each other.  Clap

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2010 at 17:55
We can all learn from one another and history is such a big topic! when I first went to college I told people I knew a lot about history but now that I have a Masters in history I no longer say this.

I do confess that I like bird watching--
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2010 at 20:33
Do you mean you are agreeing with Mark Twain about how much smarter our fathers get when we grow older?  
 Post Reply Post Reply