Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Jesus's divorce law anti-love?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gnostic Bishop View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gnostic Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Jesus's divorce law anti-love?
    Posted: 07-Aug-2014 at 12:43
Is Jesus's divorce law anti-love?

Jesus agreed with the O.T God on divorce. Let no man break that union or let no man put asunder.

I see that as anti-love. If Jesus is wrong about such a fundamental issue, then what else was he wrong about?

If a Christian, even if you become convinced that Jesus was indeed wrong, it would not make any difference to you because you actually follow tradition, culture and your family’s inherited traditional God. Not really a God that you selected through trials of his moral character. Right? Shame on you for neglecting the most important decision of your life.

I think that the moral reason all divorce pleas should be granted is that no one, gay, straight and all conditions in between or over, should be denied the ability to seek a lifetime loving partner, wife or husband, for any reason. I see being able to seek a loving mate or partner as a fundamental human right.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2015 at 18:52
If you marry for love in the first place, then there is no need to divorce. Love is God's gift, therefore marriage for love is what God has joined together.

"He which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and for this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh."
 Post Reply Post Reply