Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian influences on Arabic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian influences on Arabic
    Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 00:21
Tzar comes from Khosrow (Avestan Khosroy)
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 01:59
Originally posted by Aryan Khadem

A government truly worthy of the name must be in accord with religion, in perfect union with it, is a Moslem maxim. This idea did not come from a Moslem legislator but is outlined in a Pahlavi book The Dinkard. The idea of Theocracy and undoubtedly the Khilaafat thus are Zarathushtrian influences. Also, Sufism, the salt of the Islamic world is also a product of the Persian Zarathushtrian spirit. Apart from the mention of Darius and Cyrus as Zulqarnian, amongst the brotherhood of Prophets, the Koran has very little mention of the Zarathushtrian faith. It may be justified in saying that the Prophet received but little direct influence from Zarathushtrianism.

Yet the influence was more prevalent in its cultural sphere. One of the associates of Prophet Mohammed was a Zarathushtrian High priest, Dastur Dinyar. His name was later changed to Salman-al-Farsee. He was regarded by the Prophet as Ahal-al-Bait, meaning of the family of the prophet, that is, a member of his spiritual circle. He had widely traveled in Syria, Mesopotamia and had a profound knowledge of Judaism, Christianity besides Zarathushtrianism. It is highly probable that Prophet Mohammed was influenced by Zarathushtrianism through him.

actully this article has lots of errors such as Cyrus and Darius weren't considered Zulgarneen by muslims.

and Salman al Farisi wasn't considered "ahl albait".

and the Quran did mentioned the Zoroastrain faith by calling people who were zoroastrians as "Majoos".

its clear that the author of that article is ignorant about islam and most of that article is assumptions and theories.

this is  the latest theory some iranians found to support and justify their ultra nationalistic ideas. a theory without any proofs that Salman tought the prophet zoroastrian faith.

Originally posted by Aryan Khadem

No but I bet Azimuth will deny it, he seems really content ot claiming everything to be originally arabic with no Iranian influences what so ever regardless of much archaeological works..... We know a word is introduced by the arrival of peoples, ie in Summerian they use Zu-Ab Ab being introduced by Iranians, and Iranians get Shah, from Sumerian and Babylonian Sar, it became Shah in Iranian and Czar in Russian!!!

where did i calim everything to be originally arabic ??

Aryan Khadem View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 07:36

But he was a magi priest, and yes the author might most likely be ignorant about Islam, for Dastur Dinvar became Salman Al Farsi. And he was respected by the prophet, for he is the only believer to actually await and seek out Muhammad. His role in the conquest of Iran was critical for the Arab.

Maybe your right, but why call it Ultra nationalism? Who is he to question the Prophet Muhammad, he knows everything and his voice and will is Gods. I would rather refeer to these people as fanatical Shia's as we also have Fanatical Sunni's but lets not call them Ultra nationals, they do not represent the nation.

If the Quran is the continuation of the Bible then Cyrus and Darius should be mentioned, they were critical in both Judaism and Christianity, If islam is the next stage of evolution of these religions then thus it follows they must be refeered in the Koran. That was the logic of the Author of that Article, i cannot read Arabic therefore I cannot argue with you or discuss it. However I refuse to read english translation of the Koran due to the loss of meaning and limitations of English, also most peopel who translate get past, present and future tense wrong etc etc

One thing also other Iranian nationalists argue is that Muhammed Stated he came for the Arab people. Not Iranians, for Iranians await the return of Shah BahrAm.....

Life is beautiful but I am darker then Life.

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 08:46

well for the first part of your post i would say you do know that conquest of Persia was after the Prophet pbuh's death, it was in the time of Caliph Umar. so salman alfarisi participating in that conquest wasn't something the prophet granted him or considered him as something more special than the other companions of the Prophet pbuh.

and about the last bit of your post. No the Prophet didnt state that he came FOR arab people, obviously he Came FROM arab people  FOR all humain kinds.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 10:03
"Zoroastrians as "Majoos". Is this the same people in the english version known as the Sabeans?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 10:06

no Sabean were south Arabian people.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 10:15
Arabic was not "forced" it simply became THE language to speak with the advent of Islam, especially in urban areas.  The fact that MANY areas (700 years in some cases) did not convert to Islam for hundreds of years after the invasion shows that it was not forced.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 19:34

Actually many Iranians opposed Arabic, most either left Southern Iran or fought against it. Shanameh is an example of this fight against the Arabic langauge, another example is the desotruction of Iranian Texts..... The only and I mean ONLY way farsi survived was by the peseants.... Even now in most rural areas in Iran they do not speak Arabic at all. Only in the larger cities, therefore it shows that it was forced upon the people of Iran.

I do not know a place in the Koran he says he comes for mankind at all, same example exists With Jesus who CAME for the Jewish people. The earliest know Prophet of God to come for Mankind is actually Zathushtra, His religion influenced all religions thus. Also Elam is older then any of the City stats of Ur or Summer.

Tha Arab conquest was not something muhammed would agree with and neither did Ali. The killing of Ali, his sons and enslavement of the prophets grand children tell you enought about the Arab people of the time.

The destruction of Iranian art and litrature, and use of Iranian scholars as toilet cleaners is evidence enought about Arab oppression of Iranians, A book called Rag-e Tak is one fo the best sources of all this Information.

The record ofthe Arab invaders killing 100,000 Iranians and using their blood to make bread so as to conquer the rest of Iran is proof enough. I like to see you deny all the crimes done by Arabs aginst Iran and Iranian culture.

Also read a book called Military history of the Parskins....that is the title.

Why would Iranains accept Arabic and abonden their mother tongue? if it was not forced? The fact that is was a crime to speak farsi punishable by death is proof enought, Islam spread to other places but they did not Abandon their mother toungues, these places are Central Asia, India and Caucas.

Also a book on the Arab Invasion to read is 'In search for Zoroaster'

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 20:10

ok

for the 1st part of your post, i am confused what is it you want us to know? your first post in this thread you claim that Iranian language influenced Arabic one, then you posted some articles about Iranian scholars through the islamic history whos work was mostly in Arabic!!

i dont see if those articles are in anyway supporting your first post!

then you jumped up with the same theory that some iranians here brought  which is that islam came from zoroastrian religion and Salman alfarisi tought the prophet,

and now you are accusing arabs of crimes they did to the iranians!!

anyway, about the Quran and if it says that the Prophet came to all human kind or it didnt,,  YES it did, if you dont know whats written in the Quran then dont make assumptions as you wish to support your theories.

and about the islamic conquests, well the conquests untils the prophet death covered all Arabia, and under Caliph Umar the conquests took egypt, jorden, palistaine, syria, lebanon, Iraq and Iran. and that ended the sassanid empire and started the Islamic age in iran.

at that time Caliph Ali was alive and possibly participated in those conquests. so still dont assume that these conquests weren't approved by the Prophet or Caliph Ali just because you are a Shie'e who at the same time want to take credit of Islam as it is a persian religion !

and about the crimes and the books you are recomminding me to read, well i dont know much about any crimes occured in that period of time, when i have time i will look for them in the Old Arabic Books and in the English encyclopedias.

jut a note about the language, it was not requied to know Arabic at the first years of the Islamic emipre, it was considered Official language of the Umayyads by one of the Caliphs for got who but i think it was Al Waleed. from that time Arabic was the official language.

i also think that the Persians were able to keep their language and the language of the terrotories north and east of it when it got independence of the Abbasides and i think the Shie'e faith also helped.

thats why the areas which was covered by Umayyads are Mostly Arabic speaking execpt Iran and the countries north and east of it.

note that it was NOT forced it was concedered the Official language only.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 20:43

and about the crimes and the books you are recomminding me to read, well i dont know much about any crimes occured in that period of time, when i have time i will look for them in the Old Arabic Books and in the English encyclopedias.

Why look only in Arabic books and the encyclopedias??? why not look at historical books. Arabs did not really write history, as for Ali, there are Shia'i and Sunni accounts of his diapproval in Invasion of Iran, another book to validate this is 'Introduction into Shia'i Islam' Written by a non muslim scholar. I am not Muslim, I am from a Generation of Family who are from North Iran and of Non-Muslim background. So I claim nothing for Shia or Islam, I also Grew up outside Iran therefore i do not have the Shia prospective or anything on Islam except scholarly ones, books I read at university. I stay away from his/her points of view and read academical works instead.

I am open to new ideas and points but it seems to be your sources are Bias, only Arabic and encyclopedias. That is not a validity of your arguements, we all know the Propoganda in the Arab world for example the renaming of Persian Gulf in Arab text to Arab or Arabian Gulf!!!!

So please get more sources then your Arab ones. Look at Iranian and Historical points of view that are not Arab!

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 20:46

on a different note what happend to that Iranian and Arab poll???

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 20:52

i said English encyclopedias not Arabic, and the Arabic books i usually read as a reference were writtin more than 500 years ago to 1000 years ago. So no Arab nationalists there and you wont find text there saying that Persian Gulf is Arabian Gulf.

and about that gulf name, we Arabs who call it Arabian gulf are Not claiming that it is a historical name or anything we just changed the name and thats it. Iranians dont like that ? ok they can keep calling it what they want persian iranian or whatever they wish, dont think many Arabs would care.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 21:05

Well then Azimuth you answered it perfectly, arabs don't care... And they recently changed it. Now you know more of the hostility between iranians and Arabs, you might see some of us as nationals just as we see Arabs the same, trying to destroy Iran. It might be a simple change of name but what next?

This is why most Iranians have no sympathy or wish to make peace with Arab nations for reasons like this. I know lets not call it America lets Call it Arabica or lets call medeterrenean Arabterrenean! Same thing mate as calling Persian  Gulf, Arabian Gulf. Ohh and arabs complained to the BBC that is why the BBC calls it the gulf now even with Iranian protest.

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 21:14

well changing the name was because the majority of people around that gulf speaks Arabic, and the larger coast is in the Arabic site.

and dont think anybody will argue about the historical name of that gulf, it was called Persian for a very long time.

dont know what early Semitics called it.

dont see any reasons why would Arab complain to BBC ! i think the Iranian Pranoia is enough about this name.

and dont think that there is any plans to call anything else as Arabian lol.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 22:19

Actually the largest part of the Persian Gulf is Iran, as for arab speakers do not forget that Iranian population of this Area is often forgotten by Arabs, an example Bahrain, 70% of the population are Iranians, and lets not get started on UAE, the fact that the origianl populations of this country was Persian and Bedhoins before the fall of the Ottoman empire.

Actually when learning Arabic I filed an offical complaint with the University and with my Arab teachers (hence why I left this class) her reply is 'disputed territory' Thus she had to change it to Persian Gulf, it is the correct name, has been for as long as anyone can remember.

I am glad you admit it but do not forget that this change of name has nothing to do with population at all, change came during the Iran vs West period of the 80's in which every arab nation except for Syria supported Iraq against Iran.

The only country helping Arabs in the middle east fight oppression is Iran, exampls Hizballah, Hamas etc etc etc

I have nothing against any Arab, I want a mutal respect and political correctness to stand. Just as I will not call UAE Iranian Territory due to respect to current government and people.

I believe this type of recalling the Persian Gulf is disrepectful and a blatent attack on Iran!

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 22:26

your claims about UAE having persian population originally is pure non-sense, if you are intersted make a new thread about it and i'll discuss it with you.

as i said the Arabic speakers of that gulf are the majority and the Arabic coast of that gulf is larger than the Iranian one.

even if  you consider the Shiea as Iranian they still not the majority in the coast line.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 03:55

whatever dude, you have nothing, deny all you want in your little world of only Arab books and a few english ecyclopedia, I see why you don't get the point..... majority of my reference has been none iranian sources and authers including the topic I started and the research. I suggest you look at the link before talking about me or Iranian nationalism.

You obviously are an Arab nationalist

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 05:53

you didnt give any sources or links to what i denied did you? and about UAE i told you its non-sense, you are wellcome to prove me wrong. with your sites and we'll discuss it .

and what references are you talking about? you didnt put any,

just make it clear on which topic are you replying to? the one just above you or another one you imagened?

you are the one who keep jumping form subject to another not knowing what to talk about and having threads with topics different from the posts !

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 10:16

The sources are verified by author and he provided a website from which he got the information, also in one of the pastes there were examples of Iranioan words in Arabic that had been Arabised, for those of you that asked after it was pasted.

Aryan Khadem, please tone down your language and put your point across in a less aggressive manner.  Consider this an informal warning.

Edited by Zagros
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 19:54

Ok Zargos I apologise, I have will stop my agressive replies. I do apologise for breaking the rules.

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123