Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinions about War in Iraq...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Poll Question: Is American and her allied forces in Iraq justified?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [5.41%]
16 [43.24%]
11 [29.73%]
5 [13.51%]
3 [8.11%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinions about War in Iraq...
    Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 23:13
Your opinions about War in Iraq... I personally see it utterly pointless. More destructions and death to both sides... I think America is slipping...

Join us.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 23:54
Oh no, pekau! You have no idea what you have unleashed!

Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:00
Originally posted by Adalwolf

Oh no, pekau! You have no idea what you have unleashed!

Yes, I have opened the Pandora's Box. And no one will be able to stop my insane world domination (Starting my regime by this website) by overwhelming number of pollings! Yes, fear me!

Ahk, I must be bored again.

Join us.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:30
You are going to get some amazing replies I am going to check fairly often to see what some coocks have to say on the subject.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 02:46
Dude what's Iraq?LOLLOLLOL

Seriously,concerning Iraq,the situation would be out of control with or without the US.Saddam was very weak and a little old.If this would not happen now,it would happen in a decade.

Concerning the US,it was a highly stupid move to open two fronts ,Iraq-Afganistan,counting only in the help of Israel,an island inside the Arab-Muslim sea.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 08:47
Haha I voted "Death to western invaders".. I wouldn't necessarily have phrased it that way, but why not ;)
Imperial Serbia View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Imperial Serbia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2007 at 19:54
I voted death to the western invaders and that is a phrase I stand by. I know what it feels like to have Americans running around on your soil and invading and killing in "the name of democracy"!
The Grim Reaper View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2007 at 21:16

This will be a great shock to the conspiracy theorists, but the invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq was not about oil, or Israel, or the Jewish lobby, or the neoconservative agenda -although these were all factors.

America went to war against Saddam Hussein because he was an Arab, a Middle Easterner, and a Muslim (or at least born as one) and Americans were in fear -and are still in fear- of radical Islam and felt threatened.

The invasion of Iraq had everything to do with 9-11. Iraq and Saddam Hussein did not have anything to do with 9-11, but that fateful day changed American foreign policy forever.

Blame the war in Iraq on Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda -not America. It was a direct reaction to the Arabist-led Islamist threat.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 07:12
Originally posted by The Grim Reaper

and a Muslim (or at least born as one)

How can one be born muslim?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 07:36
Grim Reaper, you do your leadership a disservice. I shall briefly outline why you do so, and why the excuses for the war were all invalid.

1. Weapons of Mass Destruction
Well, we all now KNOW that this was made up, and that no weapons ever existed. However, it was also obvious preceding the war. America would not attack a country with nuclear weapons, especially if the leader had nothing to lose. This is amply demonstrated by the current North Korea situation. Israel, ironically, is widely known to have an advanced nuclear weapons program. It is also widely believed to have biological and chemical weapons.

2. Saddam as a threat to stability in the region
This is simply not true. As far as regional leaders go Saddam was one of the more level headed, and also one of the more benevolent as we shall soon see. Iraq went to war with Iran as champion of many middle eastern nations against its expansionist policies and for encouraging terrorism amongst the kurds. Saddam went to war with Kuwait because it was:
a) selling oil at a price intended to economically detriment its neighbours, against prior agreements
b) stealing oil from Iraqi reserves
c) Iraq viewed Kuwait as Iraqi territory, as set out in the original charter

Saddam even asked America whether they would protest, to which the respons was: "We have no interest in middle eastern affairs."

3. Saddam was funding or encouraging terrorism, possibly including 9-11
This is blatantly false. Saddam was a purely secular leader who did everything in his power to discourage radical islam. This was primarily because the shi'ah majority were liable to topple his regime to install an islamic leader if radical islam was to take a hold.

4. Saddam was an evil tyrant
This excuse was only brought up after scrutiny befell all the others. While whether Saddam was an evil ruler is open to interpretation he was certainly not the worst in the area. We now know that Iran's leader is alot more radical. Israel's internal and foreign policies are certainly alot more evil. I would also go as far as to say Bush is more evil. Saddam Hussein, in fact, was awarded a human rights award from the UN for furthering education and women's rights in Iraq. I cannot excuse all his actions, but the fact that he is the only leader in the history of the state of Iraq which has actually managed to hold it together may account for his ruthlessness. I would also like to say that the Kurds he killed are the ones who attempted to kill him. Iran was long funding and arming the kurds to destabalise Iraq.

Grim, Saddam was also not a Muslim, as you may have noted. He was also, in terms of fighting radical Islam, America's greatest hope in the region. No doubt you will say - Israel is more useful, but all it manages to do is create more terrorism.

I would like to now address the raid on the Iranian consulate. Is that not an act of war? Does anyone have much information about it, or theories as to what Iran's response will be.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 07:47

This will be a great shock to the conspiracy theorists, but the invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq was not about oil, or Israel, or the Jewish lobby, or the neoconservative agenda -although these were all factors.

America went to war against Saddam Hussein because he was an Arab, a Middle Easterner, and a Muslim (or at least born as one) and Americans were in fear -and are still in fear- of radical Islam and felt threatened.

The invasion of Iraq had everything to do with 9-11. Iraq and Saddam Hussein did not have anything to do with 9-11, but that fateful day changed American foreign policy forever.

Blame the war in Iraq on Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda -not America. It was a direct reaction to the Arabist-led Islamist threat.

Ah, pleaseee. Dont do this. Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda hate from saddam.
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 08:15

The Grim Reaper, What you have written above is extremely unfair to the people of Iraq. If it was your own family being killed or raped, would you still have been able to write such an unfair comment? I hope you do not just react to my post and consider it first. Unbelievable amount of people are actually dying every day in Iraq. It is not a TV game or a movie.It is really happening. Real people, real lifes. Try to put yourself in thier situation just for a moment. Just think about the emotions and feelings of people living in a hell like that.

Al Qaeda is an imaginary creation of American government and does not exist. It is always fear and anger that rulers instil in their people in order to control , USA is not an exception.

PS , (added later) Sorry Mortaza and Zaitsev, you must have posted when I was writing this post. I did not mean to ignore your posts.

Edited by omshanti - 13-Jan-2007 at 01:35
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 11:51
No worries, however you may wish to note a few small things about Al-Quaeda. You are simultaneously right and wrong about it. It may be a creation of the american government, but it DOES exist. I shall attempt to outline the Al-Quaeda story, although in little detail.

Al-Quaeda's roots are in the mujahidin in Afghanistan during the Russian occupation. The CIA funded, trained and equipped the mujahidin to fight the communists. Among the leaders was a younger Osama Bin Laden. After successfully expelling the Russians, Osama formed a new group dedicated to anti-Imperialism and the propogation and defence of Islam - Al-Quaeda. So yes, the CIA was responsible for Al-Quaeda's formation, with a great deal of assistance from Pakistan.

Preceding September 11, however, Al-Quaeda was far from the top of the "most dangerous terrorist" list. It was regarded as a small but effective terrorist cell that had, on occasions past, launched small scale attacks against American assets. When Al-Quaeda was one of many terrorist organisations claiming responsibility for September 11, analysts generally ignored them as a serious claimant. It is amazing how these analyst suddenly changed their story, with no explanation, later.

America proceeded to propogate the myth that Al-Quaeda was a world-wide network of terrorists that were responsible for every major incident. Every attack was either perpetrated or "linked to Al-Quaeda". Al-Quaeda rivaled "cancer" for the alarmist buzz word of the day. This myth could only have boosted Al-Quaeda's recruitment, a self-fulfilling prophecy.

With the invasion of Iraq came the climax in the Al-Quaeda story, one that allowed every single attack in Iraq by legitimate resistance forces, and foreign terrorists alike to Al-Quaeda. The major terrorist organisation in Iraq, pre-dating the war and mostly being concerned with toppling Saddam, renamed itself to "Al-Quaeda in the Land of the Two Rivers". Consequently, it is not entirely inaccurate for Al-Quaeda to be linked to many attacks in Iraq, but this new development is purely a demon of America's own creation. This can, in a way, also apply to the original Al-Quaeda, but that was purely through ignorance and lack of fore-thought, where-as this propaganda to boost Al-Quaeda's size seems to suit American' foreign policy very well.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 15:53
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

How can one be born muslim?

Please don't play these silly games with me.Pinch

Perception is everything:

1. Saddam Hussein was born into a Muslim family.
2. Saddam Hussein was born into an Arab family (Westerners stereotype  
    all Arabs are Muslim).

3. Saddam Hussein bore an Arab name.
4. Saddam Hussein bore an Islamic name (Westerners stereotype all  
    Arab names as being Islamic).

5. Saddam Hussein looked like an Arab, he looked like a Middle Easterner, 
    he looked like a Muslim.

^^^ That should answer two very important questions for you:

A. That someone can be "born Muslim" and "raised Muslim", and

B. That is the American perception of Saddam Hussein and the Arab world
    following 9-11, so it wasn't too hard for many Americans and war-
    mongers to equate the two (Saddam and bin Laden) and why Mr. Bush  
    and the majority of Americans felt threatened and wanted to "fight the
    terrorists over there (in the Middle East) instead of over here (in the
    streets of America)".

Life and politics are not nearly as complicated as we would like to make them out to be, my friend. This war is not about oil, it is not about Israel (although these are contributing factors); it is all about 9-11 and Americans' fears of an Arab and Islamic threat to their very existence.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 15:55
Originally posted by Mortaza

Ah, pleaseee. Dont do this. Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda hate from saddam.

You know this and I know this, but do you think most Americans cared after 9-11? All they saw was another Arab (Saddam Hussein) who wanted to destroy America.

PERCEPTION is everything, my dear!Shocked
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 18:22

Originally posted by omshanti

The Grim Reaper, What you have written above is extremely unfair to the people of Iraq.

Oh really? How is it unfair? Did the United States attack the Arabs or did the Arabs attack America? Do you think the Americans would have given a rat's ass about Saddam and the Arab street if 19 Arabs hadn't declared war against the United States?

If it was your own family being killed or raped, would you still have been able to write such an unfair comment?

1. My comment was not unfair it only appears that way to you.

2. If a handful of cavemen from my community got it in their heads that God was telling them to attack the most powerful nation, the most advanced military on earth then you had better believe that I am going to condemn them instead of dancing in the streets handing out candy!

3. You don't know me so don't make any harsh judgements about me! I do not condone the murders and rape of innocent Iraqis. I do not condone nor support the occupation of Iraq. I do not want the US military to stay there one minute longer and I realize that the invasion of Iraq was perhaps, the greatest blunder in American history. And I also realize that none of this would ever had happened if the radical Islamists and Arab nationalists had not been testing the limits of America's patience time and time again: the Beirut bombings, the bombing of the USS Cole, the bombings in Saudi Arabia of American soldiers, the bombings of the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, the taking of American hostages in Iran how much more did they think they could push the Americans? 9-11 was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I hope you do not just react to my post and consider it first.

I don't need to consider anything. Why don't  you consider this from the American perspective?

I am pissed off that the Iraqis die and are raped because of the Arab nationalists like Saddam and Qaddafi and because of the Islamist radicals like bin Laden I place all the blame squarely on the Arab street.

This is not some conspiracy. I live in America. I have Muslim friends and my girlfriend is half-Palestinian. And, life was a lot different for Arabs and Muslims before 9-11. Simple as that.

Unbelievable amount of people are actually dying every day in Iraq.

Those people are dying because of Al Qaeda, because of bin Laden, because of the Islamist. Do you ever think about that? Do you ever think, "Hey! If those bastard terrorists hadn't attacked America - then the Iraqis and Afghanis wouldn't be getting bombed today!"

If you were 5 feet nothing and weighed 100 pounds would you pick a fight with the biggest, scariest man in the room? Would you?? Or would you think twice?

I hope that the Islamists and Al Qaeda have learned their lesson. Muslims die and Muslim women get raped in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Chechnya, Palestine all thanks to these idiot radicals! Do you ever think about that?

It is not a TV game or a movie.It is really happening. Real people, real lifes.

Yeah, and all these people would not be dying, and Americans would not have a negative image of Arabs if not for one, Osama bin Laden.

Try to put yourself in thier situation just for a moment. Just think about the emotions and feelings of people living in a hell like that.

Did they not live in the same Hell before the invasion? Was life in Saddam-ruled Iraq, rosy??

Did Al Qaeda think about that before they initiated war against the most powerful nation on earth? Did the Arabs think of that before they started jumping for joy when the places hit the WTC?

Al Qaeda is an imaginary creation of American government and does not exist. It is always fear and anger that rulers instal in their people in order to control , USA is not an exception.

Osama bin Laden is an imaginary creature and does not live and breathe in the remote areas of Pakistan?

Stop with the conspiracy theories already.

Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 18:30
Well said Grim, well said.
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 18:37

Oh really? How is it unfair? Did the United States attack the Arabs or did the Arabs attack America? Do you think the Americans would have given a rat's ass about Saddam and the Arab street if 19 Arabs hadn't declared war against the United States?

So attack Saudi Arabia.  Most of the Sept-11 people were from there not Iraq.  Or is it "attack the arab that's most convenient.."
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 18:37
The Grim Reaper , you keep mentionning 9/11 for the reason to attack Iraq as if to say every thing the USA does is justified because of 9/11.
I do not agree with the victim-mentality of many Americans who think that they are the biggest victims in the world because of 9/11. People have been killed every where in the world in similar situations , why does the USA act as if it is the biggest victim of all? Are the lifes of Americans considered more valuable than the rest of the world? Victim-mentality makes people blind.

Personally I think that it is really unfair to the real victims of 9/11 that their deaths are being used like this. To cause even more deaths around the world.

May peace be with the souls of the victims of 9/11, and every single person in the world who died unfairely.

Edited by omshanti - 12-Jan-2007 at 23:37
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 19:08

Originally posted by Adalwolf

Well said Grim, well said.

Don't make the mistake of misinterpreting my arguments. I am a very proud American, a great admirer of the Islamic faith, and I fully sympathize and support the Arab struggle in Palestine for independance -not the destruction of Israel -but the struggle for independence. And as an American, I feel that our foreign policy as pertaining to the Middle East is completely biased towards Israel -and truth be told, 9-11 was a direct reaction of the Israeli occupation of Arab land, so do we now blame ourselves for this war? Our standing in the world? If we stereotype the Arabs as terrorists, then what are we when we look the other way whenever the Israeli Defense Forces shoot dead a Palestinian child in the head or take turns violating a young Palestinian woman?

WHEN DO WE BEGIN TO SEE EACH OTHER - ARABS, ISRAELIS, AMERICANS, ETC. - AS PEOPLE INSTEAD OF AS MONSTERS?

Will we then have peace? Is coexistence so difficult?? Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>