Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Dinosaur vs. Thread!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dinosaur vs. Thread!!!!!
    Posted: 30-Jul-2008 at 00:22
This topic is for all you people who loved to play with dinosaurs when you were kids but then you had to grow up.
                             Cry
 I wonder who would win a Spinosaur, or a pack of raptors?Big%20smile. If there are are animals in this which according to evolution didn't exist, thats because I'm a creationist.

Note: You can pit other animals and/or people (As long as they are in the era) against dinosaursClap    

Edited by Count Belisarius - 05-Jan-2009 at 22:44
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2008 at 04:15
Originally posted by Count Belisarius

This topic is for all you people who loved to play with dinosaurs when you were kids but then you had to grow up. I wonder who would win a Spinosaur, or a pack of raptors?Big%20smile. If there are are animals in this which according to evolution didn't exist, thats because I'm a creationist.   

Well, if your a strict creationist, this whole thing is fantasy as Dinos didn't exist right.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2008 at 05:03
What creationist says dinos didn't exist?

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2008 at 14:45
The same creationists who say tomatos don't exist!
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2008 at 17:42
Did a creationist really tomatoes say don't exist?Cry

Edited by Count Belisarius - 30-Jul-2008 at 17:42

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2008 at 07:19
Originally posted by Count Belisarius

This topic is for all you people who loved to play with dinosaurs when you were kids but then you had to grow up. I wonder who would win a Spinosaur, or a pack of raptors?Big%20smile..   

Spinosaur.  Raptors attack mostly herbivores who are for the most part, defenseless and slow.  Spinosaur would have the means to take down half the pack at least, and send the rest scurrying into the forest.  I dont think it makes a difference if they are Velociraptors or Deinonychus, they will all still lose.

Edited by Afghanan - 31-Jul-2008 at 07:47
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2008 at 15:12
I agree, I like the spinosaurs, they're cool. 

Alkibiades View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Alkibiades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2008 at 17:51
It would depend on the raptor. I agree that Spinosaurus would have been able to beat a pack of Deinonychus or Velociraptor, but Utahraptor would have given him a run for his money. In case you're not familiar with this native of the Utah region, he was pretty large.

But I don't think the two species inhabited the same region, so the point may be moot.
...sed sic sic sine fine feriati, et tecum iaceamus osculantes...
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2008 at 19:16
Until someone invents a time machine we may never really know. I have heard of the utahraptor, but all I know about him is the name. 

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2008 at 09:27
OK guys next fight:

I know both of these are not classified as 'Dinosaurs" but they are ancient and scary predators:  Megaladon vs Tylosoaurus.  For those who dont know what either look like:

Megalodon:

vs

Tylosaurus

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2008 at 15:21
Oh man, I should have posted an ancient sea creature vs. another ancient sea creature topic, I'm gonna go with the Megalodon.

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2008 at 16:08
The first who manages to bite other wins !!!
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2008 at 17:04
Biting isn't the same as killing.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2008 at 07:47

I would have to say Megaldon because of its sheer ferocity and endurability in open water its Great White cousin embodies.  The Tylosaurus still had to come to the surface to breathe while the Megaldon could quite literally come from beneath and tear it apart.

This picture sums it up quite well:

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2008 at 13:03
Megalodon would lose, I am willing to bet it was slow and a scavenger rather than a predator.  The tylosaurus would easily out maneuver megalodon.

Did you know the larger Great whites get the slower they become and the more they turn to scavenging (on whale carcases) than hunt? That's my reasoning for M being slow and cumbersome.  But since all that remains of M are teeth, we will never know!
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2008 at 14:44
Keep in mind we aren't dealing with a great white, and the tylosaur has to surface to breathe, and if the tylosaur starts to bleed the shark will go in to a frenzy.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2008 at 15:02
We're dealing with something much bigger and slower, I know. 
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2008 at 21:54
Nobody knows how fast they could move, and if they were slow they would have died out from starvation before they could reproduce. one of the reasons a shark is so dangerous is because of it's speed. 

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2008 at 07:01
It was a great dance, i guess.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2008 at 20:41
Originally posted by Zagros

Megalodon would lose, I am willing to bet it was slow and a scavenger rather than a predator.  The tylosaurus would easily out maneuver megalodon.

Did you know the larger Great whites get the slower they become and the more they turn to scavenging (on whale carcases) than hunt? That's my reasoning for M being slow and cumbersome.  But since all that remains of M are teeth, we will never know!

Id be willing to take that bet because Great Whites and other sharks stalk their prey from below.  If you notice that Great Whites attack seals and humans on surf boards because they resemble their natural preys. 

A Megalodon (if we are to believe they were similar to GW) would sense the creature from below and while Tylosaurus would be taking a breather, it would strike it before it was even detected.

Also, there is a reason it would be a bigger shark, if their prey was also bigger (Ie. Argentinosaurus vs Mapusaurus).

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>