Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dance/Trance/Techno/ and related?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dance/Trance/Techno/ and related?
    Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 16:17
I am sure Tiesto died in a car crash very recently.

I am a great fan of Green Velvet (harder, industrial techno) and the Detroit scene of the mid-90s, in general.

Not keen on trance.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 16:49
12,000 suns-- click on sample

dancing galaxy--click on sample

What do you lot think? lacking in depth
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 19:18
Constantine
If anything, I can't stand rappers. Listening to a bunch of dudes propogate the degenerate gang culture and about how awful life is and use inferior English makes one want to hang oneself from the rafters. The lazy, pot smoking, backwards rap culture has so little to offer outside its world of crime and subordinating women as though they were property.

Hey stop the anti-americanism, Hip-Hop is one of the U.S great exports LOL

Common, not all rap is "Gangsta Rap" either, a common confusion what about, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy...how about pollitical rap or Consious Rap/

Did nobody here like NWA? Ice-T? Mobb Deep? Nas? how about today, Immortal Tech anyone? Cry
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 19:29
Originally posted by malizai_

LOL, illustrates perfectly why it's call trance. Those are decent tunes, especially the first.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 20:34
Originally posted by malizai_

Quite good, think I might have to download them some time.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 20:36
Originally posted by Bulldog

Where's the old-school rappers, the new-age 50 Cent commercial mish-mash is damn poor compared to the good old days

rap is an acronym for Retards Attempting Poetry
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2007 at 05:01
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Nope, trance has many forms and can contain a great deal of depth, variety and emotion. Anyone who listens to the type of trance known as euphoria (often combining uplifting female vocals with electronica) will know what I mean.
this type of trance is great stuff, always from day one gave time to this uplifting style

If anything, I can't stand rappers. Listening to a bunch of dudes propogate the degenerate gang culture and about how awful life is and use inferior English makes one want to hang oneself from the rafters. The lazy, pot smoking, backwards rap culture has so little to offer outside its world of crime and subordinating women as though they were property.
meh i went through a rap phase very early on , when NWA were around, didnt last long. My best mate is really into it. As he grew up he moved onto the local (and british) rap scene (even produced one group) , not the US rubbish

Edited by Leonidas - 11-Jan-2007 at 05:03
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2007 at 05:11
I once found an MP3 player that had a lot of music by DJ Alligator on it. It was all crap. It also smelt of sunscreen.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 02:42
Originally posted by Zaitsev

I once found an MP3 player that had a lot of music by DJ Alligator on it. It was all crap. It also smelt of sunscreen.

Someone must have realised the social suicide of being caught with DJ Aligator and decieded to get rid of it
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 10:24

Did anyone ever get to listen to what i call the dolphin transeLOL. You know with eerie sounds from whales and dolphins edited onto the tracks, basically atmospheric sounds. There was a period in the mid-90's when some artists were doing that with natural sounds.

Constantine

Personally i do without any vocals, unless tribal chants. U will however love this guy, as might some oakenfold fans, Don Jackson aka headstrong.

Edited by malizai_ - 12-Jan-2007 at 22:18
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 13:05
I believe Bomfunk MC's used that a bit, and their music is awsome... well at least Freestyler is.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 21:42
Originally posted by Knights

Originally posted by Balaam

Well Zaitsev doesn't have his location under his avatar so I never knew, know is the quest to see where Hugoestr comes from
Fair enough....[IMG]alt="Tongue" src="smileys/smiley17.gif" align="absmiddle">haha...where does Hugoestr come from?

I am going to break the spell: I live in the US, but grew up in Mexico, where I listened to the stuff.

Also I know a musician who makes industrial music. Here comes my shameless plug for the magazine that he writes too:

regenmag.com
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 21:46
Originally posted by Leonidas

If anything, I can't stand rappers. Listening to a bunch of dudes
propogate the degenerate gang culture and about how awful life is and
use inferior English makes one want to hang oneself from the rafters.
The lazy, pot smoking, backwards rap culture has so little to offer
outside its world of crime and subordinating women as though they were
property.
meh i went through a rap phase very early on , when NWA were around, didnt last long. My best mate is really into it. As he grew up he moved onto the local (and british) rap scene (even produced one group) , not the US rubbish

He, he, you guys don't get rap then. Actually, if you don't live in the US, it is very hard to get. And even if you live here, it is hard to understand.

I think that if you are not actually from that culture, you are supposed to enjoy it ironically.

My favorite piece from the summer PUnit
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 23:40
Originally posted by hugoestr

I am going to break the spell: I live in the US, but grew up in Mexico, where I listened to the stuff.
Also I know a musician who makes industrial music. Here comes my shameless plug for the magazine that he writes too:

regenmag.com

Coolies Cool Yeh my good friend makes sort of experimental music which I find relaxing. Here is a link to the Myspace for his music:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=94877696&MyToken=29371efb-7cba-43b7-ab8c-167380039b3b
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 17:01
Originally posted by Zagros

I am a great fan of Green Velvet (harder, industrial techno) and the Detroit scene of the mid-90s, in general.

Not keen on trance.

Id be the same their, Green Velvet's sets have been quite refreshing recently. The second wave of detorit techno in the mid 90's is great too, never goes old - Atkins, May, Craig etc, and I used to like Hawtin before he turned uber gay with his repetitive minimal sh*te. These days I mainly listen to 80's influnced Italo, Dutch electro from the hague and some European based techno from labels like Delsin, Border Community etc.. I also like a bit of Chicago acid house. By the way im going to post up a link here of a cool website about electronic music because their is a few people here that seem to fail to distinguish some of the genres of music and are pidgeonholing cheesy trance, euphoria and happy hardcore with techno, sorry lads but that makes me sick. An interesting website though.... http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
It's also a crime to not mention the godfathers of it all on a thread like this........ Kraftwerk!!!!!!

Edited by Sined - 02-Mar-2007 at 17:07
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 22:37
Has anyone been to http://music.download.com before? There are some great songs on there with heaps of electronic music.

2 artists that i found on there that I like are: DJ Bodypump and Nicholas Redflower.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 22:38
Ultrabeat and DJ Hixxy.....
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 02:25
god, i'm to old.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12